Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 09:33 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I've been hearing rumors that the "oath" or "pledge" Republican candidates took early in the election season is null and void. The pledge had to do with all the Republican candidates supporting the final nominee of the GOP for president. It seems some of the candidates have vowed not to support this or that frontrunner in the race.

Can anyone give me more credible information?

What I've been hearing are rumors.

If the GOP does not unite for the nominee, how do they expect to win the election in November?
It was dead before it got started. No way in H were any or many of the candidates going to support Trump and no way did Trump have any intentions of supporting anyone but himself. The sad thing, the Republicans are looking at trouble. If Trump gets the nomination we can kiss our control of the senate bye bye and if he doesn't we may be able to hold onto the houses, but will lose the presidency. If their is a positive side, I do not think Clinton, Sanders or Trump will be a two term president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 09:38 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,199,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
It was dead before it got started. No way in H were any or many of the candidates going to support Trump and no way did Trump have any intentions of supporting anyone but himself. The sad thing, the Republicans are looking at trouble. If Trump gets the nomination we can kiss our control of the senate bye bye and if he doesn't we may be able to hold onto the houses, but will lose the presidency.
In case you missed it, Trump supports the people of the U.S.

I'm a registered Republican but there is no Republican party if they don't respect the will of the people. The country needs a POTUS that can work deals in a bipartisan way and that is Trump. There is no room for extremes when IMO, the country is more divided than ever.

Old 04-03-2016, 09:42 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Not sure it was ever 'alive.'

Poor Reince Priebus. I bet he can't wait until November when he can resign and get out of the asylum.

Reince Priebus Warns of 'Consequences' for Donald Trump

Old 04-03-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Not sure it was ever 'alive.'

Poor Reince Priebus. I bet he can't wait until November when he can resign and get out of the asylum.

Reince Priebus Warns of 'Consequences' for Donald Trump
Bet Trump is shaking in his boots ... can you say Independent run and GOP slaughter ?

The GOP party is digging its own grave and Priebus is front and center shoveling the manure.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:14 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,582,425 times
Any politician who makes any kind of "Pledge" is an idiot. As a leader you need to be able to do what ever is required in any situation for the best result for the people and the nation. A pledge is anathema to that principle. I notice that these pledges are very popular among the so called "Christian" groups that proliferate all over the USA. It's a strange thing seeing that Jesus Himself had this to say about taking pledges.
Vows
…34"But I say to you, make no oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, 35 or by the earth, for it is the footstool of His feet, or by Jerusalem, for it is THE CITY OF THE GREAT KING. 36"Nor shall you make an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black.…

Old 04-03-2016, 10:21 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Bet Trump is shaking in his boots ... can you say Independent run and GOP slaughter ?

The GOP party is digging its own grave and Priebus is front and center shoveling the manure.
I believe they would rather deal with that than have the party go down in flames and also lose their congressional seats. I'm not so sure Trump would do an independent run. Why would he spend all that money to lose--not a wise business decision. He could just tell his fans to stay home and not vote. Accomplish the same thing without spending any money.

It doesn't really matter how the convention ('Days of Rage") plays out---the civil war and subsequent split within the GOP is going to happen either way. If the GOP can't ditch Trump, they will most certainly not be voting for him.

Trump will blame the GOP for his general election loss, the GOP will blame Trump.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I believe they would rather deal with that than have the party go down in flames and also lose their congressional seats. I'm not so sure Trump would do an independent run. Why would he spend all that money to lose--not a wise business decision. He could just tell his fans to stay home and not vote. Accomplish the same thing without spending any money.

It doesn't really matter how the convention ('Days of Rage") plays out---the civil war and subsequent split within the GOP is going to happen either way. If the GOP can't ditch Trump, they will most certainly not be voting for him.

Trump will blame the GOP for his general election loss, the GOP will blame Trump.
Trump will do an Independent run because he thinks he can win. As in the open primaries, he will draw a lot of Independent and moderate Democrat votes. I'm all for it ..

Old 04-03-2016, 10:57 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
I don't know but I didn't sign any pledge and I won't take it on just the Party nominee, either. If they take the election away from the candidate with the most votes, I'll take it out on every GOP candidate all the way down to "town dog catcher." Since some of the delegates are also running for office, I hope they know that.

Old 04-03-2016, 11:07 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,582,425 times
The obvious result of the clusterfluck called the GOP in this coming election is a Democratic sweep. It will be so sweet to see a Democrat President and congress working together to solve some of the huge problems that exist in the USA and have not and could not be addressed in the dysfunctional government the nation has endured for so long.

I hope you Americans realize that Clinton is actually on the right side of center politically. In Canada she would definitely be a conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections