Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 12:34 AM

952 posts, read 518,704 times

Advertisements

No way in the world an ad campaign can sell Cruz as 'normal'. If it does, there will be plenty, plenty, more than plenty buyers remorse...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 01:07 AM

6,232 posts, read 3,611,336 times
He tried to force his mom to dredge up painful memories to make himself look better in the ad. What a jerk! And why is his wife wearing her cardigan criss-crossed over the chest, blueblood WASP style, inside at the dinner table?

Old 04-03-2016, 01:17 AM

952 posts, read 518,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
He tried to force his mom to dredge up painful memories to make himself look better in the ad. What a jerk! And why is his wife wearing her cardigan criss-crossed over the chest, blueblood WASP style, inside at the dinner table?
His poor family....his mother, his wife, his daughters, all look uncomfortable and 'forced' any time he tries to come across as a 'normal' family man in an ad.

Gives me kind of an 'ick' feeling watching them have to go through this...doesn't ring true at all.

Old 04-03-2016, 03:24 AM

3,890 posts, read 4,544,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I am not standing up for Cruz in any way, shape, or form. What I don't like is that some people base their votes on if they think someone is "likable". I don't care if they are likable, I want someone to get the job done. I won't vote for Cruz because I think he's part of the establishment as much as he claims that he's not, and because I think he lies about too many things. The pounding on the podium annoys me, but if that was all that I had, it wouldn't stop me from voting for him.

This whole, "Oh, I like the way he looks" or "I like the way he talks" or "I like his pleated pants" has gotten us one of the worst presidents known in this country. Stop focusing on how "funny" they are, and start focusing on what they can actually do, have done, and want to do.
"Oh I like the way he plays the saxophone!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=433-nmcWw8E

Old 04-03-2016, 03:27 AM

3,890 posts, read 4,544,686 times
Default Actually...

It would be interesting to see this sort of "behind the scenes" of other candidates as well. Candidates Obama, Romney, Kerry, Bush etc. etc.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:18 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
He only cares about "Raphael" but I suspect by what I have read that they brought him up to believe that he was "special", much more "special" than others so they created the monster that he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livejack View Post
His poor family....his mother, his wife, his daughters, all look uncomfortable and 'forced' any time he tries to come across as a 'normal' family man in an ad.

Gives me kind of an 'ick' feeling watching them have to go through this...doesn't ring true at all.
If you watch his wife when they are together in the news, it looks very strained. I don't think his wife or kids really care for him. Why would they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
It would be interesting to see this sort of "behind the scenes" of other candidates as well. Candidates Obama, Romney, Kerry, Bush etc. etc.
I wouldn't see a point in that since it is staged anyway. Cruz is the only one desperate enough to play this. He was pandering for the "Christian values" vote while running the most deceitful campaign I have ever seen. What a fool!

Old 04-03-2016, 07:23 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Default Cruz Rehearses Acting Normal

Cruz is such a smug phony baloney.

He probably got beat up in school more than anybody else in his class.

Ted "Creepy" Cruz

Old 04-03-2016, 07:46 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
He's got a sense of humor. Yet still so unlikable . . . .

Mick
The poster here who called Cruz "sanctimonious" in another thread, hit the nail on the head. That "pause for effect" which he does in everything he says is annoying as all get out.

Old 04-03-2016, 07:50 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I am not standing up for Cruz in any way, shape, or form. What I don't like is that some people base their votes on if they think someone is "likable". I don't care if they are likable, I want someone to get the job done. I won't vote for Cruz because I think he's part of the establishment as much as he claims that he's not, and because I think he lies about too many things. The pounding on the podium annoys me, but if that was all that I had, it wouldn't stop me from voting for him.

This whole, "Oh, I like the way he looks" or "I like the way he talks" or "I like his pleated pants" has gotten us one of the worst presidents known in this country. Stop focusing on how "funny" they are, and start focusing on what they can actually do, have done, and want to do.
If you think his persona is phony, it calls into question "the realness" of his other statements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections