Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 09:14 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,342,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Do you read the news? If so, you would know that the terrorists in Belgium were born in Europe. Same thing with one of the San Bernardino shooters (born here). The refugees have nothing to do with it.

Trust me, importing refugees from Syria is not safe. Especially if you live in NYC and ride the subway every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 09:21 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,528,780 times
Doesn't matter, the election is already lost for the GOP, they have a lot of rebuilding to do over the next two to four years.

Old 04-04-2016, 04:18 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,877,101 times
Kasich is a good guy but is mathematically pretty much out of the race. Trump has a point in that Kasich represents an unnecessary diminishing of Trump's potential delegates . Already the GOP sucked up too many votes that fell moot and non applicable including another good guy Rubio and Carson. Remember Trump applies "business" techniques ,competitive waring and will kick your butt when being screwed over! He will make a fairly good president one day and perhaps influence changes to take America out of it's present insolvency, bankruptcy and on the cusp of anarchy IF we continue our course . Mr. Trump crush those ignorant pundits their the source of our condition . Mr Kasich thank you for wisdom and taking on a challenging Ohio.!

Old 04-04-2016, 04:32 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
I have to wonder what the billionaires funding these guys are thinking.

Cruz has burned through an astonishing $91.2B and has little to show for it.

Kasich has burned through $25B and has 1 state to show for it.

That's $116B gone, and the two combined have less delegates than Trump.

Old 04-04-2016, 04:33 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I have to wonder what the billionaires funding these guys are thinking.

Cruz has burned through an astonishing $91.2B and has little to show for it.

Kasich has burned through $25B and has 1 state to show for it.

That's $116B gone, and the two combined have less delegates than Trump.
Jeb was another who $$$$ support and, he's already gone.

Old 04-04-2016, 04:35 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Jeb was another who $$$$ support and, he's already gone.
Unlike the religious fundamentalist and the loon, he at least seemed a little more sensible.

Old 04-04-2016, 05:04 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,374,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
I'm not sure if you:

A) Didn't read my post or...
B) Don't understand how the GOP primary/caucus system works?

A candidate needs 1,237 delegates to win the party nomination. Trump is the only candidate who has a chance of reaching that, which is why I stated that he must be recognized as the party candidate by the GOP for democracy to remain a legitimate factor in this country. What you wrote makes no sense.
1) YES..I read your post and ascertained you are complaining aka whining because another candidate can still afford to continue in the race for nominations.

2) Yes..I too have been schooled on how nominations happen..and to boot also been schooled on the RNC Rules come Convention time IF not one has the 1237 delegates needed.

BTW~~ Trump will be considered at the Convention..even IF he does't reach that magical #.. But I find this BBM above makes no sense to me No one has said he will not be considered ????? But come Convention time First ballot of delegates will decide if Trump or Cruz has the required 1237..Failing that..Delegates are then unfettered from prior primary attachments..then Convention vote#2 ..then IF no one is still at the magic #..onto next ballot..horse trading goes on amongst the delegates ( not the RNC elite administration) ..

I'm sorry, that it seems you have been vamboozled by some source that Trump won't be considered?? SMH..Of course he would, even if not any one Candidate gets that Magic#

Old 04-04-2016, 07:01 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,845,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
One - this thread isn't about Cruz. Two - trying to get a candidate off a ballot for not meeting the requirements is different than saying the RNC should make another candidate drop out because he's "taking your votes." If I used the search function I'm sure I can find lots of posts where Trump supporters snorted and made ugly comments when Rubio essentially said the same thing.
This is seriously a horrible flaw with Donald Trump - he doesn't WANT to play fair. I don't want this kind of person NEAR the White House. The man is simply a totalitarian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections