Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 04:19 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times

Advertisements

Oh, boo-hoo-hoo. Kasich is taking Trump's votes? He thought Kasich staying in was great when Kasich was splitting votes with Rubio. Nothing like a little slipping in the polls to charge your perspective.
"Mr. Trump, who last week met with R.N.C. officials in Washington, said he had been mentioning his concerns to committee officials, including Reince Priebus, the party’s chairman.

“I said, ‘Why is a guy allowed to run?’” He said. “All he’s doing is just he goes from place to place, and loses, and he keeps on running.”

Mr. Trump added that he told the R.N.C. that the situation was “very unfair.”

“He doesn’t have to run and take my votes,” Mr. Trump said."
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...drop-out/?_r=0

Old 04-03-2016, 04:22 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,494,081 times
Kasich is neck and neck with Trump in the PA poll and this was over a week ago. Trump had a very bad week since that poll so I expect Trump's PA poll number to decrease, especially after he loses WI in 2 days from now(Trump is 10 points down in the WI polls).

PA is coming up in a couple of weeks. Trump needs PA badly. It's looking like Trump won't get the GOP nomination if he loses both WI and PA. Of course he wants Kasich to drop out.

Besides, Kasich might end of getting the nomination at the brokered convention because Kasich polls so well in the general election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 04:27 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,223,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Kasich is neck and neck with Trump in the PA poll and this was over a week ago. Trump had a very bad week since that poll so I expect Trump's PA poll number to decrease, especially after he loses WI in 2 days from now(Trump is 10 points down in the WI polls).

PA is coming up in a couple of weeks. Trump needs PA badly. It's looking like Trump won't get the GOP nomination if he loses both WI and PA. Of course he wants Kasich to drop out.

Besides, Kasich might end of getting the nomination at the brokered convention because Kasich polls so well in the general election.
Trump is up 18 in the most recent PA poll.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - Pennsylvania Republican Presidential Primary

Old 04-03-2016, 04:42 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,494,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
That's an internet poll. They tend to skew much different than normal telephone polls.

CBS/YouGov (3/29-4/1 2016)

Old 04-03-2016, 04:44 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Actually it's Ted Cruz trying to get Kasich knocked out of the race.

http://www.wahpetondailynews.com/ema...76b229e30.html

Old 04-03-2016, 04:45 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,374,624 times
Of course Trump does!! Why? because when he remains, he pulls voters (thus delegates) away from Him..and Ted....Latest polls point to anywhere between 15-20% generally..can't quote links of that..but you get my meaning. When 15-20% of GOP primary voters divides the delegate counts for both Trump and Cruz then will lead to a more than likely "Contested Convention"....

When it comes to both Trump and Cruz..their less than palatable acceptance is obvious to the Party/Republican voters..Most Republican's find both of them repugnant in large margins. But the shear ability to get this far by these two points out one thing..THE "Party" has been fractured..and that became apparent once the Tea Party got embraced..Then the "Infighting" started.. Sure GOP said they embrace the BIG Tent..But in this case..they embraced "Anti-establishment" into their nest and have been eating their own ever since.

What's happening now is simply the exposure of what's been going on for the past 6 years. GOP accepted these folks..and welcomed their obstructive tactics..NOW..GOP insiders want to shed that..BUT it's too late now..It's created a monster THEY (establishment) unable to control as their obstruction and refusal to deal with the issues affecting all American's and only pander/make legislation/close down Government ( Cruz's only claim to fame)/force sequestration on middle to lower class Americans + Military Veterans+ Active Duty command budget..

While everybody wants to blame POTUS for all this..above all happened under the GOP forcing this into reality of everyday Americans.. Even Republican's know that and that is why they support a clown such as Trump and a Demagogue like Cruz!!

Old 04-03-2016, 05:07 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,281,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Kasich is neck and neck with Trump in the PA poll and this was over a week ago.

Sure about that? This just came out. 47-22 is not "neck and neck". It's more like a killing field.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...83752227913728

Old 04-03-2016, 05:08 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Like I said, Cruz won't win a single state on the Acela corridor.

Old 04-03-2016, 05:16 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Actually it's Ted Cruz trying to get Kasich knocked out of the race.

http://www.wahpetondailynews.com/ema...76b229e30.html
One - this thread isn't about Cruz. Two - trying to get a candidate off a ballot for not meeting the requirements is different than saying the RNC should make another candidate drop out because he's "taking your votes." If I used the search function I'm sure I can find lots of posts where Trump supporters snorted and made ugly comments when Rubio essentially said the same thing.

Old 04-03-2016, 05:22 PM

17,346 posts, read 11,289,865 times
Everybody calm down and breathe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections