Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 02:25 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,199,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Here you go - right here on RedState.com: Ben Carson: I Didn't Want To Endorse Trump, But He Promised Me A Job | RedState
Carson says that he had a meeting with Trump where they discussed his endorsement as well as a job in the Trump administration.

"Got it? Put it all together and this is what Ben Carson is saying about his Trump endorsement: I would rather have endorsed someone else, Donald Trump engages in the politics of personal destruction, but I endorsed him anyway and he promised me a job."
Carson says in an "advisory" capacity ... kinda like the RNC "advising" Cruz/Kasich to stay in the race to stop Trump.

Implication is never valid in a court of law. Neither is hearsay.

Old 04-05-2016, 02:30 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,834,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Big deal ... this has been in the news for weeks.

Dismissed just like the BS charges against Lewandowski

And Carson is already on record as having addressed the fact, weeks ago, that this never happened.

Next.

Old 04-05-2016, 02:33 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Thumbs down This Complaint was Filed by a Hillary Clinton Group

Hahahahahahahaha

American Democracy Legal Fund is affiliated with none other than Hillary Clinton & her backers.

They file 100s of complaints. Just a quick check I see complaints against....
  • Ted Cruz
  • Bernie Sanders - multiple complaints. <----- Imagine that.
  • John Kasich & his PAC
  • Ben Carson
  • Pro-Rubio group
  • Marco Rubio
  • Jeb Bush
And of course the OP did his research on this from The Red State. A notoriously anti-Trump blog.

[Massive Thread Fail]

Old 04-05-2016, 02:42 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hahahahahahahaha

American Democracy Legal Fund is affiliated with none other than Hillary Clinton.

And of course the OP did his research on this from The Red State. A notoriously anti-Trump blog.

[Massive Thread Fail]
Affiliated? You mean Clinton is friends with David Brock just as Trump is friends with Enquirer CEO David Pecker (yes that is his real name)?

So by your logic, we may state that Trump is 'affiliated' with the Enquirer and this is why there are embarrassing false stories published about the other candidates, but not about him?

Whatever you say.

[Massive Response Fail].

Old 04-05-2016, 02:45 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Affiliated? You mean Clinton is friends with David Brock just as Trump is friends with Enquirer CEO David Pecker (yes that is his real name)? .
How many complaints have they filed against Hillary Clinton?

Thought So.

Case closed.

Old 04-05-2016, 02:46 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Affiliated? You mean Clinton is friends with David Brock just as Trump is friends with Enquirer CEO David Pecker (yes that is his real name)?

So by your logic, we may state that Trump is 'affiliated' with the Enquirer and this is why there are embarrassing false stories published about the other candidates, but not about him?

Whatever you say.

[Massive Response Fail].
This is exactly what OP said in almost every thread since the NE story. She seemed obsessed with his name, as do you.

Old 04-05-2016, 02:55 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Can you prove with 100% certainty that Carson was offered a post by Trump ? Where is the interview or transcript with NewsMax TV ? If you ain't got that, you got nothing as usual.
There's being tried in the court of public opinion, and there's being tried in a court of law.

I suspect the ADLF has spent the past few weeks determining whether there is enough evidence to make a legal case, and has come to the conclusion that there is. Therefore, it has filed the complaint.

Neither the ADLF nor anyone else has to prove anything at all to you.

I doubt whether Carson's statement is sufficient in itself. After all, he's not the brightest bulb on the shelf, he could have easily misinterpreted what Trump said. And Trump isn't all that politically astute either, he could have blurted out something he really didn't mean. So far what we've got for sure is a couple of clowns acting like clowns.

Did Trump give Carson anything like a legitimate offer? Because if he did - that is in fact illegal. And I for one am eager to see what the evidence is.

Old 04-05-2016, 02:58 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How many complaints have they filed against Hillary Clinton?

Thought So.

Case closed.
But the issue isn't whether they are affiliated with Clinton. The issue is whether there's evidence. So the case is very much open until it is formally dismissed or otherwise disposed of.

Old 04-05-2016, 03:04 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,199,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
There's being tried in the court of public opinion, and there's being tried in a court of law.

I suspect the ADLF has spent the past few weeks determining whether there is enough evidence to make a legal case, and has come to the conclusion that there is. Therefore, it has filed the complaint.

Neither the ADLF nor anyone else has to prove anything at all to you.

I doubt whether Carson's statement is sufficient in itself. After all, he's not the brightest bulb on the shelf, he could have easily misinterpreted what Trump said. And Trump isn't all that politically astute either, he could have blurted out something he really didn't mean. So far what we've got for sure is a couple of clowns acting like clowns.

Did Trump give Carson anything like a legitimate offer? Because if he did - that is in fact illegal. And I for one am eager to see what the evidence is.
Carson is a world-renowned neurosurgeon and is "not the brightest bulb on the shelf" ?

From that statement, I suspect you're not either.

Old 04-05-2016, 03:04 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Considering they need Senate approval, how can he?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections