Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 03:05 PM

45,426 posts, read 60,623,477 times

Advertisements

Like a candidate has never, ever promised a position in exchange for an endorsement before.

That's a whole world different than trading a job for a vote. Hell, there have been candidates in the past who announced who they'll appoint before the election.

Old 04-05-2016, 03:11 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Carson is a world-renowned neurosurgeon and is "not the brightest bulb on the shelf" ?

From that statement, I suspect you're not either.
When it comes to anything besides neurosurgery - no, he's not very bright. Hint: Joseph did not build the egyptian pyramids for grain silos.

Old 04-05-2016, 03:11 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I suspect the ADLF has spent the past few weeks determining whether there is enough evidence to make a legal case, and has come to the conclusion that there is. Therefore, it has filed the complaint.
A "complaint" isn't a legal case.

Old 04-05-2016, 03:13 PM

1,185 posts, read 805,065 times
I wonder what ever happened to the voter fraud that Ted was doing in Iowa?

If the democrats are suing trump for 'telling' carson that he will give him a job, then the republicans should be suing Hillary about a number of things including running since she is under investigation.

Old 04-05-2016, 03:14 PM

952 posts, read 518,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Considering they need Senate approval, how can he?
Pffffffttttt!!!

Haven't you been listening??? He'll make a 'deal' with the Senate! Right after he makes a 'deal' with Putin, and a new 'deal' with Iran, and a 'deal' between Israel and the Palestinians.....

Time to take your earplugs out!!!

Old 04-05-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Like a candidate has never, ever promised a position in exchange for an endorsement before.

That's a whole world different than trading a job for a vote. Hell, there have been candidates in the past who announced who they'll appoint before the election.
Of course. It's often a campaign point.

But if Carson can be believed, he was offered a job in return for an endorsement. And his endorsement could be seen by some as a tangible quid pro quo, since he was a candidate opposed to Trump.

Last edited by jacqueg; 04-05-2016 at 03:37 PM..

Old 04-05-2016, 03:16 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post

Ah, the "everybody does it" defense. The claim is that Trump violated a specific law - 18 U.S.C. § 599. I'm sure it happens and is wide spread but brilliant Carson was stupid enough to say it out loud. Christie was wise enough to keep his mouth shut and just stand stupidly behind Trump.

Pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 599, “[w]hoever, being a candidate, directly or indirectly promises or pledges the appointment, or the use of his influence or support for the appointment of any person to any public or private position or employment, for the purpose of procuring support in his candidacy shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if the violation was willful, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.”

Old 04-05-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
A "complaint" isn't a legal case.
But a formal complaint does require a formal response.

Old 04-05-2016, 03:34 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,121,435 times
Well, if this case has no merit, Mr. Trump has nothing to worry about. I am sure that the Department of Justice, headed by US Attorney General Loretta Lynch, will do a good job of investigating. I am concerned that this case might distract the DOJ from Hillary's email investigation.

If I were Mr. Trump, I would consider making Dr. Carson disappear. He has no common sense . . . why say stuff that could potentially be criminal? He might not have known . . . . Time and time again, outside of medicine, he has shown that he is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Everyone knows people like that. . . . very intelligent but lacks common sense.

He might turn state's evidence . . . . . because, like he said, prison makes people very, very gay.

Mick

Old 04-05-2016, 05:44 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,842,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hahahahahahahaha

American Democracy Legal Fund is affiliated with none other than Hillary Clinton & her backers.

They file 100s of complaints. Just a quick check I see complaints against....
  • Ted Cruz
  • Bernie Sanders - multiple complaints. <----- Imagine that.
  • John Kasich & his PAC
  • Ben Carson
  • Pro-Rubio group
  • Marco Rubio
  • Jeb Bush
And of course the OP did his research on this from The Red State. A notoriously anti-Trump blog.

[Massive Thread Fail]
A Fail because you don't approve of the source. I'm good with that. Doesn't change the FACT that a criminal complaint has been filed.

Unlike the Sleazy Don clan that posts lies and rumors pretending they are true and building BS fabrications out of thin air against Cruz, at least when I post a thread, it is not an outright lie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections