Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 05:59 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,702,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Ah, the "everybody does it" defense. The claim is that Trump violated a specific law - 18 U.S.C. § 599. I'm sure it happens and is wide spread but brilliant Carson was stupid enough to say it out loud. Christie was wise enough to keep his mouth shut and just stand stupidly behind Trump.

Pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 599, “[w]hoever, being a candidate, directly or indirectly promises or pledges the appointment, or the use of his influence or support for the appointment of any person to any public or private position or employment, for the purpose of procuring support in his candidacy shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if the violation was willful, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.”
Wow, hey, wouldn't it be great if trump had to run the country from prison for the first 2 years? Would he get impeached for that? I bet all the 'hillary for prison' folks are just dying to see that happen!

Old 04-05-2016, 06:04 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,120,263 times
Carson, the first rule of Endorsement Club is: you do not talk about Endorsement Club.

Mick

Old 04-05-2016, 06:04 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
I wonder what ever happened to the voter fraud that Ted was doing in Iowa?

If the democrats are suing trump for 'telling' carson that he will give him a job, then the republicans should be suing Hillary about a number of things including running since she is under investigation.
Nothing came of it because it was a farce drummed up by Carson and Sleazy Don. There has been exactly ZERO individuals who attended the Iowa caucus that has come forward to state that they intended to vote for Carson, but as a result of hearing about the CNN report, they were tricked into voting for Cruz.

ZERO, NIL, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA

It was nothing more than a smear campaign by Sleazy Don! One of many more is seems.

Old 04-05-2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
This is exactly what OP said in almost every thread since the NE story. She seemed obsessed with his name, as do you.
How can you be obsessed with a person's name. Did I change it? Did I mock it? No, I stated that Sleazy Don is long time friends with Pecker. It seems that you are the one with an obsession over Sleazy Don's pal Pecker's name.

Old 04-05-2016, 06:10 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,454,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Big deal ... this has been in the news for weeks.

Dismissed just like the BS charges against Lewandowski
dismissed just like the thing..... that hasn't been dismissed.

that's trump logic.

Old 04-05-2016, 06:13 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,199,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Wow, hey, wouldn't it be great if trump had to run the country from prison for the first 2 years? Would he get impeached for that? I bet all the 'hillary for prison' folks are just dying to see that happen!
It would be great if you actually posted something that might happen but it is encouraging to see you admit Trump will be running the country.

Old 04-05-2016, 06:17 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
This is exactly what OP said in almost every thread since the NE story. She seemed obsessed with his name, as do you.
Sorry--I have no idea what you even mean or who 'she' is.

At least my post had a point, which was to point out a fallacy in the logic of the post to which I was responding.

The point of your post appears to be nonexistent, but thanks for sharing.

Old 04-05-2016, 06:23 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,949,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Here you go - right here on RedState.com: Ben Carson: I Didn't Want To Endorse Trump, But He Promised Me A Job | RedState
Carson says that he had a meeting with Trump where they discussed his endorsement as well as a job in the Trump administration.

"Got it? Put it all together and this is what Ben Carson is saying about his Trump endorsement: I would rather have endorsed someone else, Donald Trump engages in the politics of personal destruction, but I endorsed him anyway and he promised me a job."
Are you kidding me? That's the author of the article's take on it.....not what was actually said. But hey.....don't let facts get in the way of your Trump bashing.

Old 04-05-2016, 06:26 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,702,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
It would be great if you actually posted something that might happen but it is encouraging to see you admit Trump will be running the country.
Yeah, right. Like you said, it would be great if I actually posted something that might happen. I didn't post anything even remotely likely to happen... if hillary gets away with all the 'crimes' the rabid clinton haters accuse her of doing, then trump can get away with a piddling 'advisor' offer to a danged fool tooo stoopid to keep his mouth shut about it.

But, he still shouldn't get elected, and I am working locally, out there in real life (y'know, that place outside of CD?), to see that he doesn't. So, no, I have not admitted that trump will be running the country, despite what pitiful thing someone read into what I wrote.

Old 04-05-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Are you kidding me? That's the author of the article's take on it.....not what was actually said. But hey.....don't let facts get in the way of your Trump bashing.
The author of the article posted the actual complaint against Trump. But don't let the facts get in the way of your Trump adoration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections