Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 10:38 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I'm voting for the one that wants to prevent something like this from happening again.
So that must mean you voted for Obama! I'd love to know how Trump is going to prevent people who are already living in the United States from planning terrorist attacks. Maybe he can explain it to us, since he can't seem to answer too many other questions with specific details.

By the way, I pray we never see another day like 9/11 in our lives, so this is nothing to joke about. I also don't want another Timothy McVeigh to bomb a Federal building. It's just not that simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 11:03 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
All four will be fighting Republicans in Congress.
Why? They yield to almost everything Obama wants.

Old 04-08-2016, 11:25 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
-Bernie Sanders. Pros most honest of the final four. Cares about everyday people.

Cons - Don't think he would get much passed, even with a democrat congress. Mismanaged the VA Committee as chairman where he ignored reports of corruption at the VA. Seems naive on certain things - told Erin Burnett that ISIS members that return to US get arrested in 5 minutes and didn't know that ISIS members from Belgium can travel to US without a visa. Etc... Per CNN his numbers on taxes and spending are rosy and still don't add up.

-Hillary Clinton. Pros I think she can work the best with others of the final four. She and Bill have a long history of compromising.

Cons - part of that compromising is her moral standards. She is a corrupt liar. She wants to increase Social Security payments - Hillary the trust fund will run out in about 2032 at which point it can only pay about 3/4ths of the benefits, why are you trying to break it sooner for votes?

-Ted Cruz. Pros I think he would do the best on the budget of the remaining four (but not as good as Kasich).

Cons - he doesn't get along with anyone, how will he get stuff done? He is too socially conservative on some issues. He is simply slimy. All politicians lie and distort, but he does it above average.

-Donald Trump. Pros I think he would in fact seal the southern border. He doesn't care about PC...

Cons - ...he doesn't care about PC to a fault, where he attacks everyone in such petty ways. I think his economic policies may hurt the country. How will he get stuff done, when most can't stand him for his divisiveness.

-3rd Party. Pros not one of the above. Big parties need to be sent a message.

Cons - can't win and their candidates are probably as faulty if explored.

I feel it. But Kasich could get the Republican nomination - you never know.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:24 PM

3,848 posts, read 1,791,151 times
When you say that you don't feel Bernie could get much passed, then you haven't really been listening to his message.

Part of his campaign is about a political revolution which means it encourages Americans to get out and demand change. This is a grass roots effort to make change from the bottom up. Maybe that means more 'peaceful protesting' and congress will not be able to ignore the people any longer, cannot ignore what helps Americans; instead of what is hurting Americans.

It's very possible that change can occur under a Bernie Sanders presidency because it will bring together people to demand change.

and you also ruled out Kasich.... ya never know what could happen at the convention.

Old 04-08-2016, 02:57 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
-Bernie Sanders. Pros most honest of the final four. Cares about everyday people.

Cons - Don't think he would get much passed, even with a democrat congress. Mismanaged the VA Committee as chairman where he ignored reports of corruption at the VA. Seems naive on certain things - told Erin Burnett that ISIS members that return to US get arrested in 5 minutes and didn't know that ISIS members from Belgium can travel to US without a visa. Etc... Per CNN his numbers on taxes and spending are rosy and still don't add up.

-Hillary Clinton. Pros I think she can work the best with others of the final four. She and Bill have a long history of compromising.

Cons - part of that compromising is her moral standards. She is a corrupt liar. She wants to increase Social Security payments - Hillary the trust fund will run out in about 2032 at which point it can only pay about 3/4ths of the benefits, why are you trying to break it sooner for votes?

-Ted Cruz. Pros I think he would do the best on the budget of the remaining four (but not as good as Kasich).

Cons - he doesn't get along with anyone, how will he get stuff done? He is too socially conservative on some issues. He is simply slimy. All politicians lie and distort, but he does it above average.

-Donald Trump. Pros I think he would in fact seal the southern border. He doesn't care about PC...

Cons - ...he doesn't care about PC to a fault, where he attacks everyone in such petty ways. I think his economic policies may hurt the country. How will he get stuff done, when most can't stand him for his divisiveness.

-3rd Party. Pros not one of the above. Big parties need to be sent a message.

Cons - can't win and their candidates are probably as faulty if explored.
How did we ever get in such a mess? Of course if one or two decent Democrats other than Sanders, who is way too far to the left for the majority of voters had jumped in, we might have seen a different Democrat contest. If Trump hadn't jumped in, and about 100 others on the GOP side had stayed away, we would have had different choices, but now we have not a single good choice. I will have to hope for a contested convention or hold my nose, cry and choose Trump. I will ask God's forgiveness when I mark the ballot.

Old 04-08-2016, 02:59 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talache Tim View Post
Trump! Kicking illegal's arses out and keeping more out is the most important issue facing our nation. Supreme court nominees is second.
Supreme court nominations are a heck of a lot more important than the illegal problem. BTW, not even Trump is going to come even close to removing 11 million or more people and keep others from crossing the border. Most people who are using their heads realize this.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:15 PM

26,511 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
How did we ever get in such a mess? Of course if one or two decent Democrats other than Sanders, who is way too far to the left for the majority of voters had jumped in, we might have seen a different Democrat contest. If Trump hadn't jumped in, and about 100 others on the GOP side had stayed away, we would have had different choices, but now we have not a single good choice. I will have to hope for a contested convention or hold my nose, cry and choose Trump. I will ask God's forgiveness when I mark the ballot.
I wish Biden would have gotten in on the Democrat side. I would vote for him for sure over Trump.

I wish Kasich a moderate with experience accomplishing things - like fixing budgets at the national and state level would get further.

I don't know if I could vote for Trump, although I do like some of his ideas. I would have a hard time telling my kids when they are older that I voted for the belligerent loud mouth.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:33 PM

952 posts, read 518,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Supreme court nominations are a heck of a lot more important than the illegal problem. BTW, not even Trump is going to come even close to removing 11 million or more people and keep others from crossing the border. Most people who are using their heads realize this.
Agree about the Supreme Court. Would be interesting if we could get each candidate to say who they will nominate for Scalia's seat. Pretty long shot that this congress will ever vote on, much less approve an Obama nominee, so that may (will) be one of their first orders of business...

Old 04-08-2016, 10:10 PM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Someone posted an election decision flowchart on Twitter and FB that went viral. Can't duplicate it here, so I'll write it out:

Do you think crap is broken?

If yes, you think crap is broken: whom do you blame?
If you blame rich people: vote for Sanders.
If you blame immigrants, Muslims, and Mexico, and you believe Jesus is returning soon, vote for Cruz.
If you blame immigrants, Muslims, and Mexico, and you don't know or care when Jesus is returning, vote for Trump.

If no, you don't crap is broken: do you think women are people?
If yes, vote for Clinton.
If no, vote for Kasich.

Okay obviously there's more to it than just that. HOWEVER, that's freaking hilarious. It made me laugh anyway, thanks for sharing.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:54 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,223,316 times
Michiganmoon and Lilyflower you are both going to vote for Trump and your going to like it! Why? Because I'm a nice guy that tells it like it is and you won't be disappointed. Vote for the guy who can't be bought and actually will do the things that need to be done. Politicians are all talk no action, give the man a shot!

Thank you,
Trump 2016
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections