Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 08:45 PM

26,506 posts, read 15,084,039 times

Advertisements

-Bernie Sanders. Pros most honest of the final four. Cares about everyday people.

Cons - Don't think he would get much passed, even with a democrat congress. Mismanaged the VA Committee as chairman where he ignored reports of corruption at the VA. Seems naive on certain things - told Erin Burnett that ISIS members that return to US get arrested in 5 minutes and didn't know that ISIS members from Belgium can travel to US without a visa. Etc... Per CNN his numbers on taxes and spending are rosy and still don't add up.

-Hillary Clinton. Pros I think she can work the best with others of the final four. She and Bill have a long history of compromising.

Cons - part of that compromising is her moral standards. She is a corrupt liar. She wants to increase Social Security payments - Hillary the trust fund will run out in about 2032 at which point it can only pay about 3/4ths of the benefits, why are you trying to break it sooner for votes?

-Ted Cruz. Pros I think he would do the best on the budget of the remaining four (but not as good as Kasich).

Cons - he doesn't get along with anyone, how will he get stuff done? He is too socially conservative on some issues. He is simply slimy. All politicians lie and distort, but he does it above average.

-Donald Trump. Pros I think he would in fact seal the southern border. He doesn't care about PC...

Cons - ...he doesn't care about PC to a fault, where he attacks everyone in such petty ways. I think his economic policies may hurt the country. How will he get stuff done, when most can't stand him for his divisiveness.

-3rd Party. Pros not one of the above. Big parties need to be sent a message.

Cons - can't win and their candidates are probably as faulty if explored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 08:48 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,469,695 times
All four will be fighting Republicans in Congress.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:02 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Here in the deep blue California, I would change my party affiliation to Democratic party, so I can vote for Bernie sanders.

In general election, depends.

If it is Trump vs Clinton, I will vote for Trump

If it is Cruz vs Clinton, I will vote for third party

If it is Trump vs Bernie Sanders, I will flip a coin.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:07 PM

Trump - Won’t Rule Out Using Nuclear Weapons (This is about a deal breaker for me)

Sanders - Minimum wage, economic policies (Almost like Deal breaker for me)

That is why I am still undecided.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:17 PM

26,506 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Here in the deep blue California, I would change my party affiliation to Democratic party, so I can vote for Bernie sanders.

In general election, depends.

If it is Trump vs Clinton, I will vote for Trump

If it is Cruz vs Clinton, I will vote for third party

If it is Trump vs Bernie Sanders, I will flip a coin.
Quote:
Trump - Won’t Rule Out Using Nuclear Weapons (This is about a deal breaker for me)

Sanders - Minimum wage, economic policies (Almost like Deal breaker for me)

That is why I am still undecided.
Thanks for the feedback.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:43 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,536,509 times
Someone posted an election decision flowchart on Twitter and FB that went viral. Can't duplicate it here, so I'll write it out:

Do you think crap is broken?

If yes, you think crap is broken: whom do you blame?
If you blame rich people: vote for Sanders.
If you blame immigrants, Muslims, and Mexico, and you believe Jesus is returning soon, vote for Cruz.
If you blame immigrants, Muslims, and Mexico, and you don't know or care when Jesus is returning, vote for Trump.

If no, you don't crap is broken: do you think women are people?
If yes, vote for Clinton.
If no, vote for Kasich.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
-Bernie Sanders. Pros most honest of the final four. Cares about everyday people.

Cons - Don't think he would get much passed, even with a democrat congress. Mismanaged the VA Committee as chairman where he ignored reports of corruption at the VA. Seems naive on certain things - told Erin Burnett that ISIS members that return to US get arrested in 5 minutes and didn't know that ISIS members from Belgium can travel to US without a visa. Etc... Per CNN his numbers on taxes and spending are rosy and still don't add up.

-Hillary Clinton. Pros I think she can work the best with others of the final four. She and Bill have a long history of compromising.

Cons - part of that compromising is her moral standards. She is a corrupt liar. She wants to increase Social Security payments - Hillary the trust fund will run out in about 2032 at which point it can only pay about 3/4ths of the benefits, why are you trying to break it sooner for votes?

-Ted Cruz. Pros I think he would do the best on the budget of the remaining four (but not as good as Kasich).

Cons - he doesn't get along with anyone, how will he get stuff done? He is too socially conservative on some issues. He is simply slimy. All politicians lie and distort, but he does it above average.

-Donald Trump. Pros I think he would in fact seal the southern border. He doesn't care about PC...

Cons - ...he doesn't care about PC to a fault, where he attacks everyone in such petty ways. I think his economic policies may hurt the country. How will he get stuff done, when most can't stand him for his divisiveness.

-3rd Party. Pros not one of the above. Big parties need to be sent a message.

Cons - can't win and their candidates are probably as faulty if explored.
Forgot to add, I still want to vote for Libertarian party, but I am not excited about Gary Johnson at all.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:55 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,963,115 times
Quote:
Forgot to add, I still want to vote for Libertarian party, but I am not excited about Gary Johnson at all.
Gary's alright, he did pretty decent in New Mexico (I lived there at the time). Nothing special, but in NM corruption runs the day and he did little damage compared to the person he replaced and especially who replaced him.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:03 PM

A poster posted in another thread that,

Just keep this in mind. The last time a significant number of people voting for a 3rd party candidate, we ended up in Iraq for more than a decade and thousands of American lives lost there.

So, we might have to take this into consideration as well. I certainly know whom I don't want to vote, That will be the hawks from both parties.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:17 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
I'm voting for the one that wants to prevent something like this from happening again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqp22Vhq_DQ

"GO TRUMP" or live in a 3rd world dump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections