Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 01:13 PM

7,640 posts, read 8,715,152 times

Advertisements

Has anyone else received emails from "Julia, Steve, Chelsea" of ActBlue asking for donations for Democrats against GOP? I ask because it only says it's for Democrats against any GOP candidate, so I'm suspecting maybe the fund will be used for Clinton rather than Sanders? (they had me on their email list because I donated to Sanders via ActBlue) The emails signed with "Julia, Steve, Chelsea and the rest of the team". I hope that Chelsea is not that one.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:19 PM

1,050 posts, read 699,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Has anyone else received emails from "Julia, Steve, Chelsea" of ActBlue asking for donations for Democrats against GOP? I ask because it only says it's for Democrats against any GOP candidate, so I'm suspecting maybe the fund will be used for Clinton rather than Sanders? (they had me on their email list because I donated to Sanders via ActBlue) The emails signed with "Julia, Steve, Chelsea and the rest of the team". I hope that Chelsea is not that one.
Is there a way to contact their campaign to check the source of the message?

Old 04-08-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
Is there a way to contact their campaign to check the source of the message?
The email address is replies@actblue.com. I only donate through authentic Bernie's site, but I hope others will not be fooled. I will not be surprised if it has connection to Clinton. In fact, an election quiz linked by another member in another thread has a popup ad for Clinton that is funded by the Hillary Victory Fund.

I started receiving this email yesterday, today is the 2nd time, so I have to ask, is it because Clinton is desperate for more funds now?

(I apologize if I'm wrong)

Old 04-08-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
The email address is replies@actblue.com. I only donate through authentic Bernie's site, but I hope others will not be fooled. I will not be surprised if it has connection to Clinton. In fact, an election quiz linked by another member in another thread has a popup ad for Clinton that is funded by the Hillary Victory Fund.
I don't understand how they got my email

I searched the site and found no mention of Bernie, just for the DNC

Old 04-08-2016, 01:31 PM

You got email from them, too? Maybe you made donations to whatever cause via ActBlue? Or signed some petititions elsewhere who sold or forward the email list around? I don't like that.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:35 PM

Quote:
You got email from them, too? Maybe you made donations to whatever cause via ActBlue? Or signed some petititions elsewhere who sold or forward the email list around? I don't like that.
I don't know how this happened as I don't recall ever dealing w/ this group directly. I forwarded the message to Bernie's campaign email

Old 04-08-2016, 01:38 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
Bernie is processing donations via actblue, Hillary is not. If you donated via the Bernie website, it was processed through actblue.

you can see here that the Sanders campaign has paid actblue over a million dollars for services

https://www.opensecrets.org/politici...0000528&type=I

Old 04-08-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Bernie is processing donations via actblue, Hillary is not. If you donated via the Bernie website, it was processed through actblue.

you can see here that the Sanders campaign has paid actblue over a million dollars for services

https://www.opensecrets.org/politici...0000528&type=I
This email differs from any contribution page for Bernie.

It is a generic message and a little confusing as it's not clear why that entity on its own is contacting me

Old 04-08-2016, 01:51 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
This email differs from any contribution page for Bernie.

It is a generic message and a little confusing as it's not clear why that entity on its own is contacting me
I didn't say the email you got was from Bernie, I said that if you donated to Bernie, actblue processed that donation and therefore has your contact info. They are soliciting funds to support Democrats in races across the country. I would assume there was some disclosure on the Bernie donation page allowing them to contact you directly that you agreed to in the process of making a donation, but obviously I have not made any donations to him so I couldn't say for sure.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:53 PM

It does not mention any of the Democratic candidates' name, so I'm certain it's not a fund for Bernie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections