Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 07:02 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,820 times

Advertisements

It's like Trump supporters are kind of figuring out what they're doing to their party. They think they hold the power in this situation. They truly believe that threatening to leave the party will get Donald the nomination in a brokered convention.

It's laughable and at this point the damage they have done (as well as Trump) has made this election far more difficult for Republicans. I'm sure you're threat of leaving the party if he's not made the nominee is a godsend to them. You've been embarrassing and destroying their party for months.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:03 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,033,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
They should just walk already, along with Trump.
As should all who support Hillary. She's the one with the history of "bimbo-izing" women. Remember her famous Bimbo Eruptions?

So what's your excuse for supporting the original War on Women leader?

Old 04-09-2016, 07:04 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
It's like Trump supporters are kind of figuring out what they're doing to their party. They think they hold the power in this situation. They truly believe that threatening to leave the party will get Donald the nomination in a brokered convention.

It's laughable and at this point the damage they have done (as well as Trump) has made this election far more difficult for Republicans. I'm sure you're threat of leaving the party if he's not made the nominee is a godsend to them. You've been embarrassing and destroying their party for months.
If he leaves the party and runs as an Independent, the GOP has no chance as they have no viable candidate or they would've trotted him/her out there already.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:13 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
If he leaves the party and runs as an Independent, the GOP has no chance as they have no viable candidate or they would've trotted him/her out there already.
They have no chance if he is the candidate. I know you don't understand that, but it's true. Trump is to polarizing.

This is literally a "bye Felicia" moment for many Republicans and the party as a whole. I doubt they're upset about the threat of Trump supporters leaving.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:42 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,205,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
They lose either way. According to every poll and pundit, they hand the election to the Democrats if they nominate Trump (or Cruz). So the concern can't really be that but the impact a Trump nomination would have down ballot, plus the residual impacts of having Trump as the face of the modern Republican party and the loss of power and influence that would mean for traditional GOP interests. Given all that, I do think they will go to the well for a reliable establishment candidate if Trump falls short.
IIRC, of the 33 or 34 Senate seats that are up for election this cycle, 24 are held by Republicans, and many of the races are surprisingly tight. The fall off in donations and the bad press from Trump are likely to doom enough of them to give the Senate to the Democrats. That's why the Republicans want Cruz. They're in damage control mode.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I'm not walking anywhere. I'm just going to vote every Republican running for office off the Island. It's called leverage. The only leverage we have with the party is our votes seeing as how we're not rich and can't buy a politician.
Hillary, Bernie, and all the Democrats running for the US House and Senate say "Thank you!!!"

Old 04-09-2016, 07:47 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
As should all who support Hillary. She's the one with the history of "bimbo-izing" women. Remember her famous Bimbo Eruptions?

So what's your excuse for supporting the original War on Women leader?
Who would that be? I originally wanted Paul, then moved to a toss up between Bush and Rubio, which was settled when Bush pulled out, so I voted for Rubio in the primary. As to whom I currently support:
* Cruz is my "hold your nose and vote" candidate.

* Hillary is my "dear God help us all, I can't believe I am going to have to do this, but she's better than Trump" candidate.

* Trump and Sanders are my "think I'll vote for the Libertarian or Constitutional party guy" candidates.

* I guess that leaves Kasich.
I had no idea Kasich was the original leader of the War on Women, how and when did he do that?

Old 04-09-2016, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
IIRC, of the 33 or 34 Senate seats that are up for election this cycle, 24 are held by Republicans, and many of the races are surprisingly tight. The fall off in donations and the bad press from Trump are likely to doom enough of them to give the Senate to the Democrats. That's why the Republicans want Cruz. They're in damage control mode.
And they would be in danger of losing those seats regardless of who is the GOP candidate. Most people see the GOP-lead Congress as the impediment to getting anything accomplished in the House or Senate. A right-wing wacko like Cruz will never to be able to broker the bipartisan deals the county needs.

Most U.S. citizens are sick of the impasse in Congress and would love to see some progress. You may not like him, but Trump knows how to deal.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Too bad that millions of women don't share your view. And if you don't think the MSM is out to get Trump, you're blind.
Really? The GOP has lost among women voters in every presidential election going back to Clinton's "soccer moms". They'll lose them again in 2016 no matter who they nominate. If Trump is the GOP's candidate, they're unlikely to even win among older, white, Republican women.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Would I be ok with a man saying the things Trump has said to women to my daughter? To my mother? To me?

No. It isn't about thick skin, it's about respect. I don't allow people to treat me that way. I wouldn't stand for someone treating those I love that way.

I guess your ok with people treating the women you love like that, however I am not.
Actually I'm not, but I also don't twist things out of context like all of the anti-Trump folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections