Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 07:54 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,205,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
And they would be in danger of losing those seats regardless of who is the GOP candidate. Most people see the GOP-lead Congress as the impediment to getting anything accomplished in the House or Senate. A right-wing wacko like Cruz will never to be able to broker the bipartisan deals the county needs.

Most U.S. citizens are sick of the impasse in Congress and would love to see some progress. You may not like him, but Trump knows how to deal.
No, Trump knows how to tell gullible people what they want to hear, and he knows how to bully and threaten the people he can't con. He's clueless about dealing with anybody as an equal.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:55 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Really? The GOP has lost among women voters in every presidential election going back to Clinton's "soccer moms". They'll lose them again in 2016 no matter who they nominate. If Trump is the GOP's candidate, they're unlikely to even win among older, white, Republican women.
If Trump is the GOP candidate, older, white Republican women will exercise their loyalty and vote for Trump.
Trump kicked butt in the South, an area known for older Republican conservative voters.

Or are you going to tell me that the 7.8 million votes for Trump so far were all angry white men ?

Old 04-09-2016, 07:55 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,205,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Would I be ok with a man saying the things Trump has said to women to my daughter? To my mother? To me?

No. It isn't about thick skin, it's about respect. I don't allow people to treat me that way. I wouldn't stand for someone treating those I love that way.

I guess your ok with people treating the women you love like that, however I am not.
White supremacists don't see anything wrong with their bigotry and homophobes are okay with gay bashing, so ...

Old 04-09-2016, 07:57 AM

Quote:
No, Trump knows how to tell gullible people what they want to hear, and he knows how to bully and threaten the people he can't con. He's clueless about dealing with anybody as an equal.
7.8 million gullible people .. if you believe they are all gullible, maybe it's you that gullible ?

Old 04-09-2016, 07:58 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,033,587 times
Quote:
Like that time he tweeted that sexual assault rates in the military were because men and women were allowed to be together, essentially saying men shouldn't be held accountable for their actions.

Or more recently when he said women who get abortions should be punished (then having to backtrack).

Or that time he "jokingly" called women pigs and dogs.

Or that we shouldn't be trusted with nice things.

Or what he said about Huma Abedin.

Or insulting Carly Fiorina.

Or stating that if you aren't well endowed in the chest you can't possibly be a 10.

Would you like me to keep going?
You can keep going as long as you wish.

Problem is, you aren't keeping anything in context. Or you're regurgitating what the media has shoved into you. Your problem, not mine. Amusing, though.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:59 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,820 times
Quote:
Actually I'm not, but I also don't twist things out of context like all of the anti-Trump folks.
No twisting required. He's said some pretty nasty and terrible things about women. Whether you like those women or not, he still said them. If you think it's ok for him to treat someone that way (like insulting Carly Fiorina's looks) all for the sake of "telling it like it is" but it's not ok to treat someone you actually know like that... Well then you're nothing more than a hypocrite. It's a double standard.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:02 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
You can keep going as long as you wish.

Problem is, you aren't keeping anything in context. Or you're regurgitating what the media has shoved into you. Your problem, not mine. Amusing, though.
Bottom line - would you allow Trump to say the things he's said about Carly Fiorina to your mother? To your daughter (if you had one)? To you? If so, then that shows you lack a certain amount of respect for yourself and those you love. The things he's said about women are disrespectful. There is no dancing around it. There is no twisting required.

He said those things. In context or out of context he still said them and if you're ok letting him do it then you're no better than he is.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:02 AM

26,511 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
If that is the worst on Kasich, no wonder he has the highest favorabilty ratings despite having been in office for decades.
I just want to expand on this.

One of Kasich's "faults" is that he used his Christian faith to justify increasing funding for poor people to get access to healthcare...don't forget that he decreased government spending and took a deficit and made it a surplus at the same time.

How is this a bad thing? I doubt most atheists are offended. People's religious views effect their actions. Did not Jesus teach about helping for the poor?

Seems like Kasich's bad things need to be stretched, while Trumpsters ignore worse from Trump.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:06 AM

Quote:
White supremacists don't see anything wrong with their bigotry and homophobes are okay with gay bashing, so ...
The left has spoken - give everyone a hug today and everything will be OK. Do you think if James Foley would've turned around and hugged the terrorist behind him with the big knife that he would not have been beheaded ?

The left thinks that because Trump said Mexicans are raping, killing, and importing illegal drugs that he meant ALL Mexicans. The left thinks that because Trump wants a temporary ban on Muslims entering the country that he hates ALL Muslims. Couldn't be because of the radical Islamist being bred as we speak to kill us and disrupt our way of life ... think Europe will wake up and realize what a scourge these people are ?

It's not bigotry if when as a patriot you want to protect the citizens of this country from harm. I'm sure if it was white Argentinians who were killing everyone, they would be treated the same way as radical Islamists.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:08 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Quote:
Really? The GOP has lost among women voters in every presidential election going back to Clinton's "soccer moms". They'll lose them again in 2016 no matter who they nominate. If Trump is the GOP's candidate, they're unlikely to even win among older, white, Republican women.
They won me! I would never vote for a woman because I am a woman. I would never vote for a woman for whom I have no respect and that is the only one running. Hillary is more sexist against women than the male candidates. Hillary claimed that the women were at fault with her husband's sexcapades, how much more wrong can someone be. It takes two or one that uses undue force.

Quote:
We are talking about Trump, not Cruz. Cruz is finished.

Quote:
7.8 million gullible people .. if you believe they are all gullible, maybe it's you that gullible ?
Delusional people follow delusional candidates, surely you have noticed. They read one headline and embellish from that point.

Quote:
No twisting required. He's said some pretty nasty and terrible things about women. Whether you like those women or not, he still said them. If you think it's ok for him to treat someone that way (like insulting Carly Fiorina's looks) all for the sake of "telling it like it is" but it's not ok to treat someone you actually know like that... Well then you're nothing more than a hypocrite. It's a double standard.
You know, all of this has already been debunked. If you want to vote for woman that is more sexist than any man could ever be because she is a woman even though a poor excuse for one, you have that right. If you want to vote for Bernie because you think you can get free stuff, go for it.

This thread is about Trump supporters who will leave the party not those crying and moaning about their sorry losing candidates by bashing Trump and Trump's supporters. Start your own whiney thread!

We just really don't give a darn what the anti-Trumps think about Trump or ourselves. That is actually the beauty of being a Trump supporter. We read the anti-Trump threads, laugh and say to ourselves "They can go pound sand".

Hillar's "followers": https://pivotamerica.com/ironically-...xist-comments/

Again, the thread is about people leaving the GOP if Trump is not the nominee. We have that right. Look at the ones that will leave the Dems when Hillary is the nominee. You should start a thread about that. The mass exodus from the Dem Party due to Hillary being the nominee.

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 04-09-2016 at 08:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections