Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 03:08 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,370,836 times

Advertisements

According to the polls Hannity has been reading Ohio has Trump by 4, Michigan,Pa, and Wisconsin are in play. He also claimed that this primary the {D} party is down 7 million votes from the last one. I just wonder what the percentage was the black vote? If Hillary with the help of Obama can not stir up the black vote and get them to the polls Trump has a good chance to win all 4 of those states.

Old 06-10-2016, 03:28 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,178,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I think Arizona is possible for Clinton. Depends on the Latino turnout. McCain is running scared.
Arizona and Utah too. It seems Utah isn't too crazy about Trump.

Old 06-10-2016, 04:02 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,770,925 times
Just curious why you have Oregon "laying Clinton".

I'd put Oregon as solidly Clinton - no way is Oregon going Trump.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:11 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,294,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
The only map that matters is the map you'll see finalized on Nov. 8.

Enjoy your fantasy but you're nauseating me in giving AZ to clinton...ackkkk!

With seemingly half of CA moving here to escape what CA is and more than a few trying to make AZ into another CA(figure that twisted "logic" out), unfortunately, you might have a point.

Latino population voter turnout is historically very low. Regardless of what some are saying they will be strong against trump/come out to vote, history says this isn't true as romney was strong in words on illegals and hispanic voter turnout was still low vs their population size. Some polls have trump actually doing pretty well among hispanics.

Jobs. That's what this/every election is about.

I hope mccain loses in the primary.
One poll does, Gravis. Unfortunately they have a history of being extremely inaccurate in their forecasting. So you have to take it with a grain of salt. Although, they are starting to get better. Most polls have him in the low teens with hispanics. However, the downside is as you said their turnout is low. They also are concentrated in a few states which limits their impact. You likely won't see Hispanics as a large scale force in elections nationally for another 20 years or so.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Arizona and Utah too. It seems Utah isn't too crazy about Trump.
They might be, but I can't imagine they will cast their votes for Clinton. Likely they would vote for Johnson or simply not vote. It's such a reliably red state that Hillary would still face a high bar in winning even under those circumstances.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:15 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,965,085 times
Hillary is leading in polling averages over Trump in Arizona, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, Iowa, Colorado, Nevada, Oregon, Minnesota, Michigan, New Hampshire and Virginia. Trump leads over Hillary in polling averages in Georgia and North Carolina. That's what I based my created map on in my original post. I did not just make up this map out of thin air. There's measurable polling data behind each state.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:18 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,948,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Trump can flip NJ, NH, WI, PA, FL, OH, MI

This vicious bashing last 3 days won't help Trump right away, but will long term. This fake racism stuff is overblown drama, it's offensive to rich and snooty pundits. The average American doesn't care about the judge and is sick of white guy being called racist.

Nothing more annoying than black communists like Van Jones and Angela Rye cry racism constantly. Anyone that is into politics know those 2 consider blacks to be a superior race.
Trump cannot flip New Jersey-be real. I have my doubts on PA too.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Trump cannot flip New Jersey-be real. I have my doubts on PA too.
Michigan or Wisconsin as well.

Old 06-10-2016, 12:05 PM

3,165 posts, read 2,219,936 times
Regardless of current polls, I think North Carolina is more likely than Arizona to vote for Clinton in the end. NC was considerably closer in 2012 and her campaign is already deploying resources in the state, reserving time for advertising in the months approaching the election. There is a competitive governor race in NC as well and Democrats are strongly motivated given the state's recent experiences with a Republican governor and legislature.

Trump doesn't seem to have much awareness of political dynamics if he's planning to concentrate his efforts in NJ, CA, NY and MD like a recent discussion suggests. Reducing Clinton's advantage by a few percent in those strongly blue states won't earn him a single additional electoral vote. It would make more sense for him to focus on states like OH and PA that are more competitive and have significant portions of the electorate that may be receptive to his platform. But I wouldn't bet on him winning either of those in the end.

Old 06-10-2016, 12:11 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,279,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
Trump has beguiled some people but as voters start to seriously evaluate the candidates, they are not happy with Trump's enormous character flaws. He is incapable of telling the truth and he's a hate filled bigot. It's over for Trump, he's seen the best polling he's going to see. I wonder whether he'll even leave Cleveland with the official nomination. The GOP would be wise to dust off and oil up Tin Man Romney because Trump ain't gonna fly.
People keep claiming Trump is a Dem plant, but maybe it was GOP strategy. None of the original clown car guys would have won. So maybe the idea was to throw it to the crazy guy for a while, because he will make Romney look so good! The elder statesman steps in after the joker folds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections