Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 02:28 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
What you can take from Warren's endorsement of Clinton is that she is loyal to the Democratic party and can live with Hillary as president. The Democrats are closing ranks and unifying in an effort to win the presidency. Politics are full of compromises and it's only since the rise of the Tea Party that compromise is seen as a bad thing. Plus, Trump scares lots of people.

What you can take from the lack of endorsements, or very tepid endorsements, of Trump is that many GOP members don't think they can live with Trump as president. They're at a loss because as much as they want to see a Republican president, they don't trust Trump in the spot. This conflict is tearing apart the GOP.

I'd say Marlow has it summed up quite well.

The Republicans are deeply divided and soon to fall apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingding View Post
This is EXACTLY the kind of sexist attitude that hurts all women, especially those who are in public service positions and young women who are trying to make their way into the world to support themselves and their families. Women have had to work harder than men because they have to constantly prove their worth to neanderthal attitudes such as the one provided by the above poster. As a mom of daughters it sickens me that this 19th century sexism is still so prevalent. Unfortunately it's not rare and it's pervasive in almost every public forum, especially here on CD.

If either Hillary or Elizabeth Warren (or any woman for that matter) displayed the same lack of decency and bigotry that your boy Trump does, they never would have went as far as they did.

I cannot wait til Hillary becomes our president and your head explodes.
You know - EXACTLY. Regardless of what one thinks of Hillary or Warren - both are very accomplished, educated, hard working women. And NO - people are NOT voting for them because 'they are women". IF that were the only criteria - Sarah Palin would have been a LOT more popular.

The fact is - misogyny is alive and well and that was brought home to me this election season. Just like Obama brought forward many closet racists - Hillary's rise to the nominee of the party has also brought forth many that still have completely backward attitudes about women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 02:39 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
This is strictly my opinion. Nothing/Zero/Zilch/Nada to back it up but I think the reason she didn't run for president herself is that there is something in her background she doesn't want anyone to find out about. As long as she stays in the Senate no one will dig too deep.

I think she's kind of mouthy for someone who isn't all that important. Her committee assignments aren't all that impressive.

Old 06-10-2016, 02:40 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,730,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I saw it and she was all IN. I think she very well might be VP.

That was another time dude. Another time.
I think Elizabeth is the perfect VP and could slide right in as president after that. That's why I was also good with a Joe/Elizabeth ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I think she's kind of mouthy for someone who isn't all that important.
Amazing what women will say about other women. Ultimately they only do harm to themselves and their daughters.

Old 06-10-2016, 02:43 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,449,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I think the Clintons promised Warren something if she didn't run for president this cycle. Their offer must have been very, very desirable to Warren because she could have easily beat Clinton for the Dem nomination.
She would make of great Sec. of Indian Affairs......

Old 06-10-2016, 03:13 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,770,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
What you can take from Warren's endorsement of Clinton is that she is loyal to the Democratic party and can live with Hillary as president. The Democrats are closing ranks and unifying in an effort to win the presidency. Politics are full of compromises and it's only since the rise of the Tea Party that compromise is seen as a bad thing. Plus, Trump scares lots of people.

What you can take from the lack of endorsements, or very tepid endorsements, of Trump is that many GOP members don't think they can live with Trump as president. They're at a loss because as much as they want to see a Republican president, they don't trust Trump in the spot. This conflict is tearing apart the GOP.
Sums it up. The Ds have a historic opportunity in front of them, and no matter what their internal differences, NONE of them want to blow it.

A second term incumbent with a 52% approval rating? A bullying braggart with low approval rating as an opponent? You better believe they're circling up and joining hands to sing "we shall overcome".

Old 06-10-2016, 03:47 PM

24,012 posts, read 15,110,703 times
Quote:
This is strictly my opinion. Nothing/Zero/Zilch/Nada to back it up but I think the reason she didn't run for president herself is that there is something in her background she doesn't want anyone to find out about. As long as she stays in the Senate no one will dig too deep.

I think she's kind of mouthy for someone who isn't all that important. Her committee assignments aren't all that impressive.
She has been there 2 1/2 years.

Old 06-10-2016, 04:04 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,279,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Warren is a real moonbat who can deliver a good speech off notes or a teleprompter but unaided and asked a question she will rattle on like an unintelligible idiot. How she has gotten so far in her political career plays to the fact she is a woman.
Could you please elaborate on what that means? I am getting very tired of reading posts on this forum by people who are apparently men making misogynistic or ignorant comments about women.

How, indeed, does the fact that "she has gotten so far in a political career play to the fact she is a woman?"

Other than the fact that she has worked her butt off, is extremely smart and educated, and is good at what she does--how has being a woman helped in that? Is it that easy to win an election? I don't remember her having the massive meltdowns Trump has had, and her credentials are much more impressive than Trump's.

While we are on that subject, do you think Trump would have gotten this far if he were not a man? Could a woman who had serial affairs, three husbands, one child out of wedlock, four bankruptcies, have gotten through the primaries without a goon like Trump bringing all that up? Could a woman that stands on a stage, yells, personally insults every one of her opponents, tweets out idiocies, and has no experience in government whatsoever, knows little about the issues have gotten this far?

Old 06-10-2016, 04:27 PM

25,968 posts, read 22,154,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
She would make of great Sec. of Indian Affairs......
I don't know, let's just put her on a reservation and let her do the time since she took advantage away from a Native American by cheating the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I think Elizabeth is the perfect VP and could slide right in as president after that. That's why I was also good with a Joe/Elizabeth ticket.

Amazing what women will say about other women. Ultimately they only do harm to themselves and their daughters.
So, in other words, you vote based on what is between their legs and not between their ears. I am guessing you also think that Trump is "sexist". Too funny.

It is not about what women will say about other women but what citizen voters are saying about the corruption and incompetence of a candidate for POTUS. No one harms themselves or their children if they speak the truth and support the truth.

Harm is done when someone can't think beyond the gender, the race, the religion, etc. That a woman would support Hillary because she is a woman speaks volumes about the person and none of it positive. Sad.

Joe/Elizabeth ticket. Do you think that Elizabeth would put up with McFeelThemUpBiden, the groper? Have you seen him grope women? Do you believe that is just what a woman needs to put up with?

Hillary is pure poison. As a mother of sons, one that is active duty, I do not want that incompetent, political prostitute as the Commander-In-Chief. I guess I care more about the lives of our fellow citizens then promoting a woman, sorry sack of corruption, to a position because she has the same sex organs as I do. Sorry, women have come a long way and women spewing this crap of "isn't it about time" is just embarrassing to all the women that have worked for progress to be considered equal and not to get a job just because of the gender!

Old 06-10-2016, 04:39 PM

57,347 posts, read 26,263,652 times
Quote:

Just try to be a little objective, "mouthy woman" is so 60's, is Trump a "mouthy" man or is she just held to a higher standard. Why not offer some objective criticism of her comments rather than the usual, where was she wrong???

She is accomplished and earned her position. They missed something in her background when she ran for senate against the Playgirl pinup back in 2012, please.

I don't think she choose to run because she didn't have the voter base because of her positions, very similar to Sanders but without the history of public service and the appeal. But keep believing in deep dark secrets it suits your bias.

Old 06-10-2016, 04:47 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,294,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
There are two types of Democrats. Liberal/Progressives & Bill Clinton's New Democrats. They hate each other almost as much as they hate republicans, but they made a pact to run together. New Democrats control the party and give lip service to the progressives.

• Bill Clinton - proto New Democrat
  • Hillary Clinton - New Democrat
  • Obama - Ran as a progressive, but governed like a New Democrat.
  • Bernie Sanders - Liberal/Progressive
  • Joe Biden - A little of both with some moderate Republican mixed in
  • Elizabeth Warren - Fancies herself a liberal/progressive, but acts like a New Democrat. (much like Obama)
They all have one thing in common. They are professional politicians first. So no matter what they believe, or say they believe, they will end up putting their personal politics before anything else. Americans have come to hate this. The GOP is just as bad, but the topic is about the DEMs.

(IMO, IF Trump wasn't running against the Democrats, Pocahontas would much rather have dinner with the Trumps than the Clintons. If that answers your question.)
Pretty much hit the nail right on the head with this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections