Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 07:51 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,985,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I think you look for reasons to attack Elizabeth Warren in spite of whatever is shown and I feel bad for her because Trump can say outright LIES and his rabid followers will believe him. Elizabeth Warren does not deserve that. I think Hillary takes money from Wall Street because politics. Just like Trump will, guaranteed. Elizabeth Warren knows the reality of it and she may not like it but you don't change anything if you never make it to office. And Hillary Clinton was almost nominated in 2008 too.
Soooo, you pretty much have nothing when it comes to this double standard that I'm trying to get to the root cause of? Its nothing more than a misleading politically based attack that is disingenuous.

My point is that the majority of the dissenters are NOT doing based on sex, and solely doing it based on political philosophy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 07:54 PM

1,009 posts, read 709,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hopefully that would be any woman who would attempt to put up Hillary Clinton as a role model. Horrible example to give.
I raised daughters whom are professionals and Hillary has never or will be a role model . She is disgusting !!

Old 06-10-2016, 07:59 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,730,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shopalcholic View Post
I raised daughters whom are professionals and Hillary has never or will be a role model . She is disgusting !!
Will you support Trump? He's a great role model for daughters. He'd even date his daughter if he could.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKmhK8G--7c

Old 06-10-2016, 08:02 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,725,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Don't change the topic, the Democrats didn't exactly decisively nominate Hillary, in fact a significant portion of the party is still hoping for some sort of miracle to get Bernie or even Biden in there. You are using an event that relatively speaking (in terms of US History) happened about 4 seconds ago and claiming some sort of moral high ground on it. Neither party has a particularly rich history of elevating women to the highest office. But again you do a wonderful job of proving my point. The intent to paint "the other team" as sexist comes down to nothing other than politics as usual.

So how about all of those other things that I mentioned that you ignored AGAIN. Am I allowed to dislike Clinton and Warren for those, or am I still a sexist?
t206, I understand what you're saying and agree that most people who don't like Hillary or Warren aren't sexist. But you only have to look at this one thread to see lots of blatant sexism. Someone described Warren as "mouthy" because she's outspoken. That's akin to saying she doesn't know her place as a woman.

But you're also right that Sarah Palin got her share of it too. She was called Caribou Barbie among other things. But for most of the people who didn't like her it was about her politics more than her sex.

When Obama was elected lots of ugly racism bubbled up to the surface. If Hillary is elected we may very well see some ugly sexism as well.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:06 PM

1,009 posts, read 709,352 times
Quote:
Will you support Trump? He's a great role model for daughters. He'd even date his daughter if he could.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKmhK8G--7c
Hillary is a criminal, poor decision maker , entitled person who bends rules shall I go on . oh by the way trump raised two great daughters great dad

Old 06-10-2016, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
t206, I understand what you're saying and agree that most people who don't like Hillary or Warren aren't sexist. But you only have to look at this one thread to see lots of blatant sexism. Someone described Warren as "mouthy" because she's outspoken. That's akin to saying she doesn't know her place as a woman.

But you're also right that Sarah Palin got her share of it too. She was called Caribou Barbie among other things. But for most of the people who didn't like her it was about her politics more than her sex.

When Obama was elected lots of ugly racism bubbled up to the surface. If Hillary is elected we may very well see some ugly sexism as well.
Thanks, thats all I'm asking for is people to be honest and reasonable. I agree, some racist/sexist people do come out of the woodwork because its easy to kind of hide behind other excuses, but I just find it incredibly dishonest to have the left constantly blame political differences on racism/sexism because it starts to stick and its just mostly not true.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopalcholic View Post
Hillary is a criminal, poor decision maker , entitled person who bends rules shall I go on . oh by the way trump raised two great daughters great dad
This thread is about Elizabeth Warren. Would you want your daughters to use the words Trump has said as their example of how women should be treated?

Old 06-10-2016, 08:17 PM

Quote:
This thread is about Elizabeth Warren. Would you want your daughters to use the words Trump has said as their example of how women should be treated?
I'm still waiting for an answer. Can we agree yet that most people who don't like Clinton, Warren or Obama aren't actually sexist/racist like the majority of the left like to try and imply? And that its just politically based for the most part?

Old 06-10-2016, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I'm still waiting for an answer. Can we agree yet that most people who don't like Clinton, Warren or Obama aren't actually sexist/racist like the majority of the left like to try and imply? And that its just politically based for the most part?
No, I do not agree. When President Obama was elected, I saw more racist attacks than I ever anticipated. One GOP group sent out postcards of the White House with watermelons growing in the lawn. President Obama depicted as an African native. For the first time in history, birth certificates were demanded.

As for Hillary, I see people blaming Hillary for staying with Bill, but excusing Trump for cheating on his marriages along with all the things Trump has said about women. They call Hillary old when Trump is older than her. They post big pictures of her face with wrinkles enhanced with the message being she's old and ugly as a woman and make derogatory remarks about her as a wife.

Then there is Elizabeth where Trump actually said she has a big mouth. Tell me what man he has said that about? And a poster here repeated it. Elizabeth Warren is very accomplished so she has a big mouth?

It will not get better.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:31 PM

Quote:
No, I do not agree. When President Obama was elected, I saw more racist attacks than I ever anticipated. One GOP group sent out postcards of the White House with watermelons growing in the lawn. President Obama depicted as an African native. For the first time in history, birth certificates were demanded.

As for Hillary, I see people blaming Hillary for staying with Bill, but excusing Trump for cheating on his marriages along with all the things Trump has said about women. They call Hillary old when Trump is older than her. They post big pictures of her face with wrinkles enhanced with the message being she's old and ugly as a woman and make derogatory remarks about her as a wife.

Then there is Elizabeth where Trump actually said she has a big mouth. Tell me what man he has said that about? And a poster here repeated it. Elizabeth Warren is very accomplished so she has a big mouth?

It will not get better.

Again, most of this sounds like political differences, minus the watermelon thing, which is an outlier. You cant go around calling EVERYONE racist/sexist because of a few bad actors.

Are we honestly saying now that "big mouth" is a sexist term? She is the ONLY person that has been so vocal, especially on Twitter. Who else would he call a big mouth at this point? Of the other 15 idiots he ran against, they were pretty much afraid to even utter a word in his direction until they were virtually eliminated.

All I'm asking for here is logic before people jump to the conclusion that the entire other party is somehow racist/sexist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections