Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 10:34 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Translation: That poll doesn't have the results I want, so I will pretend it is not legitimate.

You asked the question. It's no one else's fault that you don't like the answer.
It doesn't have the results you want. Hillary can't win with only a net gain of 34% of the Sanders voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 10:36 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,674,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This has been discussed here endlessly.
Really ? I still don't know what you think and I can't sleep until I do.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:37 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,294,241 times
Quote:
It doesn't have the results you want. Hillary can't win with only a net gain of 34% of the Sanders voters.
Yes, she only needs a net gain of 50. Trump is at a disadvantage this election. Unless he tightens up his ship and starts rolling out his policy issues he is on course to losing.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:39 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,088,646 times
Quote:
34% is a hell of a lot more than Trump will get from Bernie, so yeah, it will help Hillary a lot. But the minuscule 7% or so that Trump might pick up isn't going to help him any. And that 34% could rise once Sanders starts actively campaigning for Clinton.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:42 AM

4,615 posts, read 3,310,927 times
I think it will depend a lot on how Sanders handles himself and how he presents his case to his followers. He could be a unifying presence - and I think he will be - or he could keep up the battle until and through the end of the convention.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:44 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,513,769 times
The primaries have just ended...We're headed for 4 months of craziness, where, especially in this election environment, ANYTHING can happen. It will be like an amusement park in the summer...Ups and downs on the rollercoaster and plenty of fireworks. Anyone trying to predict the outcome, via polls (or any other method) at this moment in time, is simply talking BS.

Go Trump!

Old 06-10-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Really ?
Really.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
34% is a hell of a lot more than Trump will get from Bernie, so yeah, it will help Hillary a lot. But the minuscule 7% or so that Trump might pick up isn't going to help him any. And that 34% could rise once Sanders starts actively campaigning for Clinton.
These people did not come from the GOP ranks. They are removed from the (D) ranks. Trump gathered a record number of primary votes while the (D)'s lost millions of votes.

The 34% is not taking from Trump. It's only getting back a portion of what she lost. If Obama only had a net gain of 34% of Hillary voters he would have lost.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:51 AM

2,214 posts, read 3,366,853 times
I know 5 young Bernie supporters. The are all firm on their strong dislike for Hillary and will not vote for her. Three will vote for Trump, two aren't sure if they will vote for Trump or just not vote. I voted for Bernie and will most likely vote for Trump, or not at all.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
I think it will depend a lot on how Sanders handles himself and how he presents his case to his followers. He could be a unifying presence - and I think he will be - or he could keep up the battle until and through the end of the convention.
And if no candidate other than Bernie and no Party steps up to address the injustice, the people are becoming angry enough and disillusioned enough to make actual revolution – difficult, dangerous, unpredictable and perhaps even violent revolution – more probable in our future. Before anyone accuses me of favoring that path, I am not alone in my view. John F. Kennedy once said, "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

It seems that the DNC expects that everyone will fall in line behind Hillary without having real assurances that the pain and struggle and injustice of our economic policy will be addressed forcefully. It is not enough for Hillary to give broad, calming "I feel your pain" statements like her husband used so frequently during his presidency. We are not fooled by that.

Bernie or Bust? No, It
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections