Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 02:54 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,926,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You know, I'm not being dismissive. I can see that her ideas could appeal to a liberal's liberal.

I'm just curious what would qualify Ms. Stein to run the country? Her good ideas?

I trust no one that thinks that they can step from City Council (not sure she even did THAT) to - leader of the free world.

It makes no sense to me.

That would be like me starting from file clerk to Vice President of a Fortune 500 Company.

Probably should be a few steps in between, no?
Well, on paper you are right-but I'm looking for someone courageous enough to tell the American people the truth about the degree of corruption in Government, the wars and our economy-which has seen stagnant wages since the 1970's, and with quick/drastic solutions-like ending the wars yesterday (including war on 'drugs') and a QE type stimulus for student/consumer debt. Obviously with the current Congress it will be difficult and maybe Hillary is the best person to work within the current system without upsetting it, sloooowly-much like Obama. But-I don't think that's enough. Even Bernie does not resonate with me the way Stein does-she is just so intelligent, "with it" and from my perspective is on the right side of nearly every issue. She may seem "radical" but it's only because our media has a very narrow dialogue on the issues.

She scares them-and I love that. In fact in 2012 she was arrested and shackled to a chair for 8 hours when she tried to attend the Debate at Hofstra.

Also, I don't necessarily think it's a good thing to keep sending lawyers and career politicians to DC. We DO need Doctors and Engineers IMO. The best and brightest would do a heck of a better job than 90% of Congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 02:57 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,564,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Nothing will change with this defeatist attitude thats for sure. This is like the dream of all Wall Street puppets and the donor class. Ensure that the people give up, dont fight and let themselves get steamrolled by people who DO fight for what they believe in. The people have far, far more power than they believe, so the mission of the donor class is to trick people into not exercising that power. Democrats voting against the people and a progressive president would get so much negative attention towards him/her she is unlikely to last long and they know it.
I'm not a defeatist, and I'm not a Sanders supporter. I was just commenting that I like a lot of Sanders' ideas. I was actually going to sit this election out until the San Jose incident. Now I am voting for Donald Trump, even though I have some major issues with him. The people being hunted down and beaten for supporting a candidate really shocked me, mostly because the police just sat back and let it happen. At least Trump will have opposition of both parties, so he can't do too much damage, but if he can secure our borders I'm all for it. He doesn't need congress for that.

I will never forget those images.

Old 06-10-2016, 02:58 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,174,531 times
Quote:
YOU know for certain.

Of course I think Hillary can do it. I wouldn't have voted for her otherwise. You're 'we' doesn't speak for me or millions of other people.
You don't even believe it. She's done nothing to make anyone think that anything she does will be any better than the screw ups in Syria and Libya.

Old 06-10-2016, 04:53 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I'm not a defeatist, and I'm not a Sanders supporter. I was just commenting that I like a lot of Sanders' ideas. I was actually going to sit this election out until the San Jose incident. Now I am voting for Donald Trump, even though I have some major issues with him. The people being hunted down and beaten for supporting a candidate really shocked me, mostly because the police just sat back and let it happen. At least Trump will have opposition of both parties, so he can't do too much damage, but if he can secure our borders I'm all for it. He doesn't need congress for that.

I will never forget those images.
Truly mind boggling reason for deciding to support a candidate. Look at the donors of the candidates, and you know who they will serve. Forget what they say. Only track record and their donors matter. And we know from Trump's tax policy who he will serve (himself and Carl Icahn). The disabled, the poor, the elderly, the working class and everyone else who are not part of the donor class will suffer. Its all in the tax plan and the billionaire class is pouring money into his campaign as we speak (to get access and preferential treatment of course).

Old 06-10-2016, 05:12 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You don't even believe it. She's done nothing to make anyone think that anything she does will be any better than the screw ups in Syria and Libya.
You are so smart AND you can read minds through internet. AAAAMAAZING.

We've already talked about Syria and Libya and how Bernie supported obamas diddling in both.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:07 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,564,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Truly mind boggling reason for deciding to support a candidate. Look at the donors of the candidates, and you know who they will serve. Forget what they say. Only track record and their donors matter. And we know from Trump's tax policy who he will serve (himself and Carl Icahn). The disabled, the poor, the elderly, the working class and everyone else who are not part of the donor class will suffer. Its all in the tax plan and the billionaire class is pouring money into his campaign as we speak (to get access and preferential treatment of course).
Not really. I don't like the way the government has been working for a while now, and when those police just let those people go after others for having different opinions then them, I've decided enough was enough. If any legislation needs to be made for Trump to do something, I don't know if it will ever get done. Neither party will let him just do what he wants because neither party can stand the guy, it will send a message. I used to like Hillary Clinton, but no more. She's for sale to the highest bidder. She will get everything she wants, and screw us in the long run.

To be honest, I could still change my mind in the upcoming months. I don't like either choice this year.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:30 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,174,531 times
Quote:
You are so smart AND you can read minds through internet. AAAAMAAZING.

We've already talked about Syria and Libya and how Bernie supported obamas diddling in both.
What if he did? Does that somehow over ride Hillary's hand in screwing them both up? Does it excuse her lying about the entire mess? Does it make it O.K. for her to call the families of the dead liars?

Old 06-10-2016, 10:40 PM

9,909 posts, read 7,689,224 times
It's Over Gandalf. We Need to Unite Behind Saruman to Save Middle Earth from Sauron!

Old 06-10-2016, 10:58 PM

7,635 posts, read 8,701,274 times
Quote:
Sanders supporters: Where will you turn?
We'll turn in our graves.

Old 06-11-2016, 12:43 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,340,016 times
Of the sanders voters...

5 % will vote Stein

10% Johnson

15% Trump

10% write in Sanders

60% Hillary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections