Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 12:40 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,633,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Of the ones I know, I'd say about half are voting for Hillary and half Jill Stein.

One thing to note-many of the former Sanders supporters voting for Hillary are being very dismissive/insulting toward those planning on voting for Stein. I don't think anyone should be derided for their vote or pressured-it is very un-American. I personally do not know any planning to vote for Trump, but if they were I don't think they'd admit it-so there could be a portion.

Jill Stein would be such a better First Woman President (and First Jewish) IMO-there is still a degree of excitement about Hillary, but she is just seen as so 'same old same old' compared to Stein whom would be trans-formative and a complete breath of fresh air.
Totally agree. I'm attempting to locate the campaign operation here in Connecticut or New York. Hopefully we can make an impact this election and future elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 12:42 PM

21,486 posts, read 10,593,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Its a good thing Bernie didn't beat Hilary because he would have easily beat trump and that would have been a disaster for Democrats. Bernie was making promises that are too hard to keep and it would have disillusioned a generation of liberal voters. IMO Banking and finance, corporate structure, and the military industrial complex change when they want to chance themselves.
Bernie Sanders had some good ideas, but his ideas would never be implemented. There are too many Democrats beholden to Wall Street to ever let that happen. And we know the Republicans would never let it happen either. Both Sanders and Trump would have a hard time getting some of their ideas implemented, but I think Trump will be able to deliver on some of his promises as they require no new legislation. The laws are already on the books. All he has to do is start enforcing them again.

Old 06-10-2016, 12:55 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Bernie Sanders had some good ideas, but his ideas would never be implemented. There are too many Democrats beholden to Wall Street to ever let that happen.
He doesn't need a single one of them to enforce the laws already on the books. Obama simply refused to do that. Hillary will not do that.

Quote:
And we know the Republicans would never let it happen either. Both Sanders and Trump would have a hard time getting some of their ideas implemented, but I think Trump will be able to deliver on some of his promises as they require no new legislation. The laws are already on the books. All he has to do is start enforcing them again.
Sarbanes/Oxley is already on the books. Many on Wall Street could have been prosecuted under that law.

Old 06-10-2016, 12:58 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,972,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Bernie Sanders had some good ideas, but his ideas would never be implemented. There are too many Democrats beholden to Wall Street to ever let that happen. And we know the Republicans would never let it happen either. Both Sanders and Trump would have a hard time getting some of their ideas implemented, but I think Trump will be able to deliver on some of his promises as they require no new legislation. The laws are already on the books. All he has to do is start enforcing them again.
Nothing will change with this defeatist attitude thats for sure. This is like the dream of all Wall Street puppets and the donor class. Ensure that the people give up, dont fight and let themselves get steamrolled by people who DO fight for what they believe in. The people have far, far more power than they believe, so the mission of the donor class is to trick people into not exercising that power. Democrats voting against the people and a progressive president would get so much negative attention towards him/her she is unlikely to last long and they know it.

Old 06-10-2016, 02:01 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Of the ones I know, I'd say about half are voting for Hillary and half Jill Stein.

One thing to note-many of the former Sanders supporters voting for Hillary are being very dismissive/insulting toward those planning on voting for Stein. I don't think anyone should be derided for their vote or pressured-it is very un-American. I personally do not know any planning to vote for Trump, but if they were I don't think they'd admit it-so there could be a portion.

Jill Stein would be such a better First Woman President (and First Jewish) IMO-there is still a degree of excitement about Hillary, but she is just seen as so 'same old same old' compared to Stein whom would be trans-formative and a complete breath of fresh air.
You know, I'm not being dismissive. I can see that her ideas could appeal to a liberal's liberal.

I'm just curious what would qualify Ms. Stein to run the country? Her good ideas?

I trust no one that thinks that they can step from City Council (not sure she even did THAT) to - leader of the free world.

It makes no sense to me.

That would be like me starting from file clerk to Vice President of a Fortune 500 Company.

Probably should be a few steps in between, no?

Old 06-10-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You know, I'm not being dismissive. I can see that her ideas could appeal to a liberal's liberal.

I'm just curious what would qualify Ms. Stein to run the country? Her good ideas?
She isn't a habitual liar that has sold out to Wall Street.

Quote:
I trust no one that thinks that they can step from City Council (not sure she even did THAT) to - leader of the free world.

It makes no sense to me.

That would be like me starting from file clerk to Vice President of a Fortune 500 Company.

Probably should be a few steps in between, no?
The 'professionals' have done a horrible job.

Old 06-10-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
She isn't a habitual liar that has sold out to Wall Street.

The 'professionals' have done a horrible job.

Yeah; cause this is such a horrible place to live. Go spend a week in Somalia and let me know how you like it. Improvements can certainly be made - always.

Nothing you said eases my mind that she is capable of dealing with ISIS or other world leaders. Nothing. OR that she has the capability of dealing with and knowing how to regulate wall street. What in her physician background or stint in the town hall enables her to run the country?

Nothing.

Old 06-10-2016, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yeah; cause this is such a horrible place to live. Go spend a week in Somalia and let me know how you like it. Improvements can certainly be made - always.
When you are left with comparing us to Somalia........

Quote:
Nothing you said eases my mind that she is capable of dealing with ISIS or other world leaders. Nothing. OR that she has the capability of dealing with and knowing how to regulate wall street. What in her physician background or stint in the town hall enables her to run the country?

Nothing.
Maybe she can't. We already know for certain that Hillary can't.

Old 06-10-2016, 02:48 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,633,198 times
Quote:

It's not that Clinton can't but she won't. She is an architect of what is happening on Wall Street and in Somalia. Clinton supporters sound like the neo-cons of the Bush era. And since when have people become so naive to believe what a politician has to "say"?

Old 06-10-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:

YOU know for certain.

Of course I think Hillary can do it. I wouldn't have voted for her otherwise. You're 'we' doesn't speak for me or millions of other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections