Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 09:32 AM

8,081 posts, read 7,003,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Falsified records? Even her brothers confirm that their parents raised them with that understanding. It's called family lore and that is not false reportings.

You want to know what false reportings are? Donald Trump in front of a bunch of cameras saying he has lawyers in Hawaii researching President Obama's birth certificate and they cannot believe what they've found. We're staying to find out what that was.
I don't care what Trump does. He's not the subject of the thread and I don't support him.

No it's false reporting. She was legally trained and knew she didn't meet the legal definition of a Native American. By your logic she was either ignorant and stupid by not knowing the legal standard, or lying because she's smart and would have known the legal standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2016, 09:35 AM

21,992 posts, read 15,782,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I don't care what Trump does. He's not the subject of the thread and I don't support him.

No it's false reporting. She was legally trained and knew she didn't meet the legal definition of a Native American. By your logic she was either ignorant and stupid by not knowing the legal standard, or lying because she's smart and would have known the legal standard.
Legal standard? Even the Atlantic says she gained nothing from it. And by the way, when I see a bunch of boxes to check, I don't see a definition of the legal standard next to it. It's just a bunch of boxes.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:36 AM

8,081 posts, read 7,003,200 times
Quote:
Legal standard? Even the Atlantic says she gained nothing from it. And by the way, when I see a bunch of boxes to check, I don't see a definition of the legal standard next to it. It's just a bunch of boxes.
You're not applying at Harvard Law School. Nor are you applying to U Penn Law School.

So she should know the legal standard. Right? Ignorant or lying it's one or the other.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:36 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,329,660 times
Quote:

No, it's not. Even Native American groups have come out in her defense.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:37 AM

Quote:
You're not applying at Harvard Law School.
And does Harvard Law School have a legal description next to the box? Because the Atlantic says she gained nothing from that understanding.

14,204 posts, read 12,329,660 times
Quote:
You're not applying at Harvard Law School.
Neither are you.

79,909 posts, read 44,397,177 times
Of all the things I dislike Trump for this is not one of them. Warren brought this on herself.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Of all the things I dislike Trump for this is not one of them. Warren brought this on herself.
What did she gain? Her parents raised her and her brothers with the understanding they had Native American heritage. What did she gain from that? Multiple researchers have said she gained nothing from that and even Native American groups come to her defense. She contributed to an Indian cookbook 30 years ago. That sounds like someone really trying to get something, like...a recipe.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:40 AM

39,457 posts, read 27,814,484 times
For her employment documents at the University of Texas, Warren indicated that she was “white.”

But Penn’s 2005 Minority Equity Report identified her as the recipient of a 1994 faculty award, listing her name in bold to signify that she was a minority.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...9258_blog.html

Personally, I can care less if she has Native American blood in her. Maybe she does. and Good for her.
But the lack of consistency is laughable here.

This is what politicians do. . None of them is trustworthy.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:46 AM

79,909 posts, read 44,397,177 times
Quote:
What did she gain? Her parents raised her and her brothers with the understanding they had Native American heritage.
No they didn't. She even admitted that by no longer checking the box once she got what she wanted.

Quote:
What did she gain from that? Multiple researchers have said she gained nothing from that and even Native American groups come to her defense. She contributed to an Indian cookbook 30 years ago. That sounds like someone really trying to get something, like...a recipe.
I don't care what or if she gained anything. Just because you don't actually gain by your underhanded actions do not make them any better.

Warren is another one of these people who only care about one thing. Herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections