Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 08:16 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,768,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
This morning on the news I saw a snippet from a Hillary speech where she was telling a group that Trump is going after womens reproductive rights citing how he once said in a interview that a woman should be punished for getting an abortion.

This is so untrue yet Hillary is using it to her advantage.

In the interview Trump was asked "if abortion were illegal should a woman be punished for getting one" and he pretty much said yes. He walked right into that one due to his inexperience in politics and Hillary is running with it.

Why is Trump being quiet over this and other misquotes? I don't like when people misquote me and I set the record straight so why isn't Trump?
How was he misquoted???? He said what he said. It's right there on the screen, you can watch it yourself if you like.

Why hasn't he said - "Sorry, I misspoke"?

When a political figure says something dumb, other political figures will run with it. That's just how it is. Trump is too used to being the guy that no employee ever contradicts.

Old 06-11-2016, 08:17 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livejack View Post
Trump is grounded from speaking on his own or using his twitter without adult supervision. He hasn't changed at all. But, since he is now courting the Koch brothers he has to pretend to play nice.

Can't last...his head will explode one of these days and things will be back to normal. Until then, expect to see the teleprompter essentially glued to his face...he's a puppet of the establishment...

Donald Trump's Campaign to Meet with Charles Koch's Team
That's pretty much it. The party elites have told him to stop talking or he won't be their President. Like a good dog - Trump is obeying.

It won't last.

Old 06-11-2016, 08:25 AM

7,276 posts, read 5,291,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Well, it's hard to have a reasonable conversation with a demented ignoramus who spouts whatever stray, stupid thought -- or part thereof -- that wafts through the space between his ears.
True, but it's gotten him this far. Not sure how that speaks for the rest of the GOP and their ineptness.

This all goes back to the voters (you, me, everyone). Are voters naive? Are they so clamouring for change that they don't care what the change is?

I'll be honest, I was all for Trump when he began. But now I feel I'm stuck with two not so good choices. It's sad to say but it's almost as if we are choosing the lesser of two evils as opposed to choosing between two really good candidates.

Old 06-11-2016, 08:28 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,333,621 times
It's Trump versus, Hillary Clinton's campaign, the DNC, Bill Clinton's Administration and Barack Obama's Administration, these people KNOW how to win an Election!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-22-2016 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: hotlinking/signatures are not allowed

Old 06-11-2016, 08:29 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,151,687 times
Quote:
This morning on the news I saw a snippet from a Hillary speech where she was telling a group that Trump is going after womens reproductive rights citing how he once said in a interview that a woman should be punished for getting an abortion.

In the interview Trump was asked "if abortion were illegal should a woman be punished for getting one" and he pretty much said yes. He walked right into that one due to his inexperience in politics and Hillary is running with it.

Why is Trump being quiet over this and other misquotes? I don't like when people misquote me and I set the record straight so why isn't Trump?

The Obama/ Romney election was won by the clever use of sound bites, misquotes and misdirection. The Dems are masters at this while the Reps. still think that people are smart enough to see right through these deceitful half truths. THEY ARE NOT.

Perhaps the case is that Trump does respond to these attacks but they are deemed not news worthy by a biased media so we don't hear his rebuttal.

Granny Warren is calling Trump a fraud yet she has made a career by saying she is something she is not. She has also attacked him for taking advantage of the housing bubble bursting yet she did the same thing buying foreclosed homes and flipping them. The hypocrisy is crazy yet no one cares about the details they only care about the sound bite.

Trump needs to set the record straight when his opponents are misquoting him or he will lose the election.
His lack of preparedness for the political "big leagues" is now becoming evident and his amateurish campaign, if you can call it that, is flailing around like a fish on the beach. To put a even finer point on it, which you may understand, he's playing at Fenway now not Pawtucket. Tethering him to a teleprompter is in his own words, "a disaster" as it makes him look like a weak, "low energy" politician,(Jeb like) which is everything he professes not to be.

This will not end well for the boy with the orange skin, but I am lovin it!

Old 06-11-2016, 08:37 AM

7,276 posts, read 5,291,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
His lack of preparedness for the political "big leagues" is now becoming evident and his amateurish campaign, if you can call it that, is flailing around like a fish on the beach. To put a even finer point on it, which you may understand, he's playing at Fenway now not Pawtucket. Tethering him to a teleprompter is in his own words, "a disaster" as it makes him look like a weak, "low energy" politician,(Jeb like) which is everything he professes not to be.

This will not end well for the boy with the orange skin, but I am lovin it!
Funny analogy. The GOP had nothing to offer, and Trump exposed that. It was more amateurish and Hollywood than it was political. It was "real" as in reality TV, but now it's real for all the marbles on the big stage, for a position that is absolutely not a joke, President of the United States of America. At this point, I might as well vote for Bill Pullman because I liked him as president in the movie Independence Day.

Old 06-11-2016, 08:43 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,333,621 times
Trump is stuck in NEUTRAL!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-22-2016 at 05:43 PM.. Reason: hotlinking/signatures are not allowed

Old 06-11-2016, 09:04 AM

25,968 posts, read 22,154,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I think Trump, now knowing it's him against Hillary in the general election, is loading up.

I think the real fun will begin at the GOP convention. I think he listens to his advisors, and knows it's time to switch gears from the approach he took in the primaries as he laid the GOP to waste. It's now a one-on-one game, and maybe (just a guess) his silence equates to proper preparation, for which when he awakens Hillary might never know what hit her.
This is it.^^^ Let her run her battery down with banter that only her supporters will listen to anyway. She, like her pathetic supporters, continue to repeat their list of about 5 items again and again.

Waiting to closer to the election to "bring IT on" is the best approach. You save the best until last which will leave an impression when they are close to casting their ballot. It is also scary when a normally outspoken person settles down to a quiet pose. I use that myself and it scares the crap out of people! "The silence before the storm." I trust that Trump knows exactly what he is doing and that is why he is my choice! Trump 2016

No reason to keep dispelling what has already been dispelled. Hillary doesn't have squat on Trump and she knows it as does Trump.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:11 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,647,185 times
Never aid a gossiper by helping them smear you. Sometimes answering a gossip gives dignity to what they are saying. Rise above their talk and spread the message you want out there. Make America great again for everyone. She thinks people should be separated by category. He will bring law abiding people together. She sounds like she is back in the 60's.

And while we are on the subject, I thought we had a two term limit on presidential candidates. Bill Clinton said we got two for the price of one. She has had her two terms and so has Bill.

65,000 illegal graduates in the USA this year and our taxpayer's paid for their education. Were these 65,000 graduates here when Clinton was president? Why weren't they deported? 1993 was 23 years ago. 2001 was 15 years ago.

William Jefferson "Bill" Clinton (born William Jefferson Blythe III; August 19, 1946) is an American politician who served as the 42nd President of the United States from 1993 to 2001.

Last edited by NCN; 06-11-2016 at 09:24 AM..

Old 06-11-2016, 09:16 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,277,330 times
Quote:

The Obama/ Romney election was won by the clever use of sound bites, misquotes and misdirection. The Dems are masters at this while the Reps. still think that people are smart enough to see right through these deceitful half truths. THEY ARE NOT.

Perhaps the case is that Trump does respond to these attacks but they are deemed not news worthy by a biased media so we don't hear his rebuttal.

Granny Warren is calling Trump a fraud yet she has made a career by saying she is something she is not. She has also attacked him for taking advantage of the housing bubble bursting yet she did the same thing buying foreclosed homes and flipping them. The hypocrisy is crazy yet no one cares about the details they only care about the sound bite.

Trump needs to set the record straight when his opponents are misquoting him or he will lose the election.
Lol. Granny Warren? You realize that Trump is 5 years older than Warren is right?

But to answer your question, the reason Grandpa Trump isn't responding is:

(1) that he basically has no defense, because that is exactly what he said, and

(2) because it would draw attention to the very embarrassing fact that he changed his position on abortion 3 times in 3 hours and 5 times in 3 days.

Why should he call attention to the fact that he actually has no idea what the hell he thinks about it? Geez--that would make him either look like an idiot or a hypocrite--take your pick.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...s-on-abortion/

Donald Trump's 3 positions on abortion in 3 hours - CNNPolitics.com

Last edited by Enigma777; 06-11-2016 at 09:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections