Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 09:18 AM

3,536 posts, read 3,738,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
It's Trump versus, Hillary Clinton's campaign, the DNC, Bill Clinton's Administration and Barack Obama's Administration, these people KNOW how to win an Election!
Yes, he's up against highly skilled liars and war gamers too, and also against the Republican establishment who wouldn't mind a Hillary victory.

In the end, this is the ultimate David versus Goliath. If Trump somehow pulls it off, it will be one of the greatest victories of all time.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:18 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,728,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
This morning on the news I saw a snippet from a Hillary speech where she was telling a group that Trump is going after womens reproductive rights citing how he once said in a interview that a woman should be punished for getting an abortion.

This is so untrue yet Hillary is using it to her advantage.
Trump did say it:

TRUMP: The answer is there has to be some form of punishment.

Trump: "Some Form Of Punishment" For Women if Abortion Becomes Illegal; UPDATE | Video | RealClearPolitics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Granny Warren is calling Trump a fraud yet she has made a career by saying she is something she is not. She has also attacked him for taking advantage of the housing bubble bursting yet she did the same thing buying foreclosed homes and flipping them.
Elizabeth Warren gained nothing by her understanding of her Native American heritage and she did not make a bunch of money off of real estate. She gave loans to family members so they could buy houses in Oklahoma. Those houses she financed were cheapies lived in by family members for years.

"Flipping is generally defined as buying and selling a property within six months, sometimes after extensive renovations. But Warren in her tweet said she assisted her family members (primarily an older brother and a nephew) who at the time were out-of-work construction workers. Warren came from a lower-income family but has an estimated net worth of $7.5 million, according to the Center for Responsive Politics, largely as a result of writing best-selling books and being a tenured professor at Harvard Law School.

We located 25 real estate transactions in the Oklahoma City area related to Warren’s family and 21 mortgage loans made by Warren to her family members. We found only four transactions involving foreclosure property, two made under Warren’s name. Most of the transactions took place in the 1990s and early 2000s, with Warren’s last loan being made in 2007."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-foreclosures/

Old 06-11-2016, 09:24 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,223,667 times
You all realize how stupid you look correct? On Monday he is unleashing a major speech against Hillary, just the opening round of what's to come. It will be pure hell for Hillary and he takes back the news cycle immediately.

It's like a bunch of little children the way you act. If your somehow impressed by Warren and Hillary the past few days then you have now idea how life works. The trap has been set, and the leash was let out just long enough for those two to have alittle fun. And then just like that BOOM, complete devastation. Cankles and Pocahontas will be left a bloodied mess under someone's shoe.

Maybe it's because I'm a NYer like Trump and I know exactly what he's doing while the rest of you hayseeds haven't a clue. AntiTrumps are so infantile and easily amused. Enjoy your couple days, on Monday something wicked this way comes...

Old 06-11-2016, 09:32 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,728,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
You all realize how stupid you look correct? On Monday he is unleashing a major speech against Hillary, just the opening round of what's to come. It will be pure hell for Hillary and he takes back the news cycle immediately.

It's like a bunch of little children the way you act. If your somehow impressed by Warren and Hillary the past few days then you have now idea how life works. The trap has been set, and the leash was let out just long enough for those two to have alittle fun. And then just like that BOOM, complete devastation. Cankles and Pocahontas will be left a bloodied mess under someone's shoe.

Maybe it's because I'm a NYer like Trump and I know exactly what he's doing while the rest of you hayseeds haven't a clue. AntiTrumps are so infantile and easily amused. Enjoy your couple days, on Monday something wicked this way comes...
I know, I know, you want to believe your big Daddy Trump is going to be the he-man and save you from the womens.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:32 AM

3,564 posts, read 4,399,456 times
As some have concluded, Trump's ulterior motive might not be to become POTUS, but to destroy the GOP.

I hope not. I've voted Republican in the past, but definitely not this time.

We'll have to see what's left of the GOP after this lunacy is done and over with.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:33 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,087,106 times
Quote:

LOL. Yes, DS, tell us all about how childish we sound as you use childish terms to define Trump's opponents. That will convince us.

Trump has given us a teaser of what his major speech is going to entail--dredging up a bunch of conspiracy crap innuendo. He will look as ridiculous as he did when he was pursing his birther crap. The country is facing real problems, but Trump will talk about gossip and innuendo.

Which is understandable because he has no understanding of real problems that ordinary (i.e., non-billionaire) Americans face. Gossip and innuendo is all he has.

I look forward to Monday the way I look forward to the circus. As entertainment.

Last edited by JAMS14; 06-11-2016 at 10:00 AM..

Old 06-11-2016, 09:44 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,701,163 times
I bet if we could see behind the scenes, we would see his team and advisors trying to convince Trump that he needs to knock off his running at the mouth and to start looking more dignified and Presidential. But it won't last long. Trump loves the limelight and thinks he is smarter than anyone else, and his huge ego will get the best of him before long.

He simply has no self control, no off button or any filters. His bullying attitude has worked for him in the real estate game for all these years, and he fails to see that he is in a totally different arena this time. I stil predict that, when it comes time to enter that voting booth, a lot of people who say they like him will have second thoughts. They ain't sayng it yet, but it is a long way till November and Donald won't be able to keep up this act once the questions and subjects start getting much more indepth and pointed.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:45 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,292,807 times
My guess is because his comments caused so much issue. He hasn't exactly been quiet though.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:56 AM

1,268 posts, read 799,187 times
He is quieted down because the self-funded bigot can't self fund. He is being handled by the GOP now, and they are desperately trying to tamp down another bigoted word salad Trump fiasco. They won't let him talk because he is doing severe damage not only to himself and the international image of our country, but also to the myth of republican inclusion. He doesn't really have a campaign unless you count his son-in-law and Chris Christie. In addition, he changes his abortion position (and others) with the drop of a dime, and it is hard to seem principled when you are on tape saying the exact opposite just a few days or hours ago.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:02 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,151,587 times
Quote:

Typical NooYawk bravado and BS as if the universe revolves around you Primadonnas, and the rest of us are Hayseeds. I use to travel extensively to NooYawk on business and couldn't wait for my trip to be over, precisely because of the superior attitudes of turkeys like you and The Donald.

In terms of Monday he's got nothing that we all have not heard before, and the only mystery, is whether he'll be anchored to to the teleprompter by his now repub puppet masters, or be dumb enough to do one of his undisciplined screaming riffs. I'm hoping the latter!

BTW - As a big bad NY'er - you'll understand this - FAHGETTABOUDITIT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections