Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 06:17 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmm. Nope. Hillary claims to have won the popular vote in 2008.

But I'm glad that you acknowledge that I'm correct. So case closed.
There is a difference between the number of popular votes and the number of pledged delegates. As I made clear, I am talking about the pledged delegates. The aggregate number of popular votes don't mean anything in the selection of DNC nominee, though it's always fun to point out that Hillary got 2.5 million more votes than Trump. Wow, 2.5 million more votes!

I know you know this.

So case closed.

Mick

Old 06-15-2016, 06:21 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,699,445 times
Heard Bernie might make a speech tomorrow to unite the Party and lay out his demands

Old 06-15-2016, 07:07 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Heard Bernie might make a speech tomorrow to unite the Party and lay out his demands
It'd be just like him: sit at home writing a whiny sore loser speech while his senate colleagues filibuster to make it harder for suspected terrorists to obtain assault weapons.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:35 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
It's unprecedented that a candidate has been under FBI investigation. Who knows what will happen?

Wikileaks claims to be releasing more incriminating e-mails soon. Bernie is smart to stay in.
He could ironically prove how meaningless our votes are by winning the nomination.

Old 06-16-2016, 05:02 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
This is a revolution, not a garden party. We are not obligated to bow and scrape to the enemy just because she has more bamboozled people than we have revolutionaries.

Revolutions are NEVER won by a majority. Revolutions are waged and won by a handful of dedicated revolutionaries here and there.

And just as the French aristocracy never saw it coming, the oligarchs in America are equally clueless.

It is almost comical to see Hillary and her cohorts posture and primp, expecting, even demanding, that we Berners should support her.

What part of “you are the enemy” does Hillary not understand?

https://armoryoftherevolution.wordpr...al-revolution/

Old 06-16-2016, 06:17 AM

311 posts, read 478,067 times
LOL.... "revolutionaries..." that's rich...

Bernie supporters aren't revolutionaries. They are a group of people who can't achieve the success that so many people have been able to achieve; a group that has failed where so many before have succeeded. And because they are losing at a game when so many are winning, they want the rules changed.

Sort of like Bernie, I guess. He lost, whereas Hillary won; but wants to be handed the nomination anyway.

Old 06-16-2016, 06:29 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo_Urns View Post

Bernie supporters aren't revolutionaries. They are a group of people who can't achieve the success that so many people have been able to achieve; a group that has failed where so many before have succeeded. And because they are losing at a game when so many are winning, they want the rules changed.

Sort of like Bernie, I guess. He lost, whereas Hillary won; but wants to be handed the nomination anyway.
I'm doing fine. Do you define success as needing the taxpayers to bail you out of your problems? Is that your definition of success?

Is your definition of success making the retiree go back to work because their savings is no longer providing them any income because Wall Street demands artificially low interest rates? Is that success?

Old 06-16-2016, 08:06 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo_Urns View Post

Well, they don't appear to be revolutionaries because they couldn't even get out the vote OR figure out how to register.

I'm not sure about them not being able to achieve success - many are very young and not yet in the workforce and those that are older - I'm sure at least some of them are successful.

Revolutions aren't always successful or always for the better. I believe in evolution.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:08 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
There is a difference between the number of popular votes and the number of pledged delegates. As I made clear, I am talking about the pledged delegates......
Sure. Hillary can only win it by the rigged delegate system. I think that much is clear.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:21 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
There is a difference between the number of popular votes and the number of pledged delegates. As I made clear, I am talking about the pledged delegates. The aggregate number of popular votes don't mean anything in the selection of DNC nominee, though it's always fun to point out that Hillary got 2.5 million more votes than Trump. Wow, 2.5 million more votes!

I know you know this.

So case closed.

Mick
Don't forget the math which Dems conveniently do. 17 versus 1.5 for competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
If Bernie is smart, he'll realize not to count on any promises made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
It'd be just like him: sit at home writing a whiny sore loser speech while his senate colleagues filibuster to make it harder for suspected terrorists to obtain assault weapons.
You mean like the Muslim who was a security guard and had been on the "watchlist" and was removed during the time that Hillary was Secretary of State? Those type of terrorists? Yeah, that will fix the problem: Al-Qaeda's Female Suicide Bomber Death Cult | Frontpage Mag and Children as Suicide Bombers in Islamic Countries I say they better go back to the drawing board!

If we get down to restricting weapons of any type, they will simply flow through the open southern border, just like the illegal drugs, currently cheap meth. When you have a "market", someone will fill that need.

I hope Bernie doesn't walk on this. He promised to stay in through the convention. I was thinking he was a man of his word. There is still hope that Clinton goes down. The only bright side I see here is that the DNC is itching to move Biden into the nomination and with Bernie gone, this may just materialize.

If we were serious about "suspected terrorists" there would not be a conversation at all about bringing in improperly vetted Muslim refugees at a cost of over $65,000 each for their resettlement not to mention the TB and other 3rd world health issues that we will be treating IF treatment is available for what they bring in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections