Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 11:14 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times

Advertisements

[quote=lilyflower3191981;44411739]nah, that is not the reasons why people I know support trump.

The reasons why I and people I know support him are the following

Keep mortgage interest deduction; knock out carried interest. (Nov 2015)

Make economy dynamic; bring back jobs from China & Mexico. (Oct 2015)

A meaningless sound bite.

Use increasing debt ceiling as bargaining chip. (Oct 2015)

Strong on debt limit; ask for a pound of flesh. (Oct 2015)

Grow the economy at 6% annually by ending inversions. (Oct 2015)

Cut defense budget, & entire EPA & Dept. of Education. (Oct 2015)

How is he going to cut the defense budget yet make the military stronger as promised?

We owe $19T and we need a businessman to bring us back. (Sep 2015)

A businessman who lost $100M+ on buying/selling one hotel? A businessman with a long list of failed ventures? A businessman with a history of stiffing his creditors, vendors, and contractors? NO THANKS!

If debt reaches $24T, that's the point of no return. (Jun 2015)

Based on WHAT?

We prospered after 9/11; we'll prosper after Great Recession. (Apr 2010)

2006: Warned about impending implosion of financial sector. (Apr 2010)

Prepare for upcoming crash, bigger than 1929. (Jul 2000)

Optimistic about future of Atlantic City. (Jul 1990)

Sure, read the article about his AC dealings that appeared in last Sunday's NYT. The only cause for optimism for most in AC would be Donny leaving the building.

Rent control only benefits a privileged minority. (Jul 1987)

Yet he's fine when eminent domain benefits a "privileged minority". WHAT a typical 'good for me, not for thee' hypocrite.

One-time 14.25% tax on wealth, to erase national debt. (Nov 1999)

Predicts 35% boost to economy from eliminating national debt. (Nov 1999)

1999? Really?

Old 06-14-2016, 11:16 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,639,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
1999?
That means he has been consistent. from 1999 to now.

Cut military spending does not mean weakening military, i thought you should know this by now. no?

It looks like your problem with Trump is that you don't trust him (which you have talked about in another thread) I can understand why, but his policies (if come true) will benefit the country, you can't deny that.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:20 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I somehow think that if she had said she supported Trump, we would have seen a thread with something like: WOW!! Nancy Reagan was for Trump!! And her being an old woman would not have been an issue.

Hmm. No. I never really cared much for Nancy Reagan. I don't believe in elevating a person simply due to who they married decades ago.

Of the First Ladies still living, the only one that I really have any respect for is Roslyn Carter. She was the last one in the White House with any real class and she used her position during and after to actually help people who needed it.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
That means he has been consistent. from 1999 to now.

Cut military spending does not mean weakening military, i thought you should know this by now. no?
Doesn't necessarily mean strengthening it either, I haven't heard specifics, only feel good talk.

Quote:
It looks like your problem with Trump is that you don't trust him (which you have talked about in another thread) I can understand why, but his policies (if come true) will benefit the country, you can't deny that.
Nor can anyone deny how frequently in the past those policies have changed. You're quite correct, based on his history in business, his history of lying about his successes/failures, and history of fear-mongering lies, I wouldn't trust him with a hamster, never mind the nuclear football

As I've said, read:http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/12/ny...city.html?_r=0

This is not a man I want in the White House.

Of course I have little faith in Hillary either which is why my vote for POTUS will be either 3rd party or a write-in for 'none of the above', I refuse to be part of putting one of these people in the White House, I see no 'lesser evil' here.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Doesn't necessarily mean strengthening it either, I haven't heard specifics, only feel good talk.

Nor can anyone deny how frequently in the past those policies have changed. You're quite correct, based on his history in business, his history of lying about his successes/failures, and history of fear-mongering lies, I wouldn't trust him with a hamster, never mind the nuclear football

Of course I have little faith in Hillary either which is why my vote for POTUS will be either 3rd party or a write-in for 'none of the above', I refuse to be part of putting one of these people in the White House, I see no 'lesser evil' here.
well, you do what you have to do. Nothing wrong with it. But in all fairness, you can argue that all politicians are all talk, no actions. It looks like posters are arguing here all day long about one subject and one subject only, who is more trustworthy? In my opinion, this question has absolutely no answers. To me, trump is a risk worth taking. hillary is too predictable. Third part, well, cannot win.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Doesn't necessarily mean strengthening it either, I haven't heard specifics, only feel good talk..
well, since military budget cut does not mean weakening the military, I don't know what are we arguing about.

“I’m gonna build a military that’s gonna be much stronger than it is right now,” the real- estate-mogul-turned-tautological-demagogue said on Meet the Press. “It’s gonna be so strong, nobody’s gonna mess with us. But you know what? We can do it for a lot less.”

He’s right.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:47 AM

[quote=burdell;44412680]
Quote:
nah, that is not the reasons why people I know support trump.

The reasons why I and people I know support him are the following

Keep mortgage interest deduction; knock out carried interest. (Nov 2015)

Make economy dynamic; bring back jobs from China & Mexico. (Oct 2015)

A meaningless sound bite.

Oh please.

Use increasing debt ceiling as bargaining chip. (Oct 2015)

Strong on debt limit; ask for a pound of flesh. (Oct 2015)

Grow the economy at 6% annually by ending inversions. (Oct 2015)

Cut defense budget, & entire EPA & Dept. of Education. (Oct 2015)

How is he going to cut the defense budget yet make the military stronger as promised?

We owe $19T and we need a businessman to bring us back. (Sep 2015)

A businessman who lost $100M+ on buying/selling one hotel? A businessman with a long list of failed ventures? A businessman with a history of stiffing his creditors, vendors, and contractors? NO THANKS!

wow, really? I've never met a businessman who has never lost a deal or lost money.

If debt reaches $24T, that's the point of no return. (Jun 2015)

Based on WHAT?

seriously?

We prospered after 9/11; we'll prosper after Great Recession. (Apr 2010)

2006: Warned about impending implosion of financial sector. (Apr 2010)

Prepare for upcoming crash, bigger than 1929. (Jul 2000)

Optimistic about future of Atlantic City. (Jul 1990)

Sure, read the article about his AC dealings that appeared in last Sunday's NYT. The only cause for optimism for most in AC would be Donny leaving the building.

Rent control only benefits a privileged minority. (Jul 1987)

Yet he's fine when eminent domain benefits a "privileged minority". WHAT a typical 'good for me, not for thee' hypocrite.

well, seems like you agree with him on that one.
One-time 14.25% tax on wealth, to erase national debt. (Nov 1999)

Predicts 35% boost to economy from eliminating national debt. (Nov 1999)

1999? Really?
yes, from 1999 to now, He is consistent about economy.

Old 06-14-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
well, since military budget cut does not mean weakening the military, I don't know what are we arguing about.

“I’m gonna build a military that’s gonna be much stronger than it is right now,” the real- estate-mogul-turned-tautological-demagogue said on Meet the Press. “It’s gonna be so strong, nobody’s gonna mess with us. But you know what? We can do it for a lot less.”

He’s right.
When someone says something like that my first question is HOW? Is this an admission of just how much waste there's been in the military in the past? If it is, I'd like to hear specifically just how he thinks one man is going to go up against the entrenched MIC and its bought and paid for Congress and win?

I want specifics, not just sound bites.

And yeah, I agree, the vast majority of politicians are full of it and 'it' ain't nothing good.

Maybe it's because I grew up in the NY area, I don't know, I have no idea how much media coverage Trump got nationally but I formed my opinion of him over 30 years ago and have yet to see any reason to change it.

Old 06-14-2016, 12:09 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,844,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
A lot of women support Hillary. That's why she's trying to make this election all about identity politics. She sure as hell can't run on her record.
And she'd never give up the race because she can smell the history.

Old 06-14-2016, 12:12 PM

Quote:

yes, from 1999 to now, He is consistent about economy.
So what may have been good policy in 1999 would be good policy in 2017? Seems unlikely to me in a quickly changing world.

But he's also consistent with his 'I got mine, don't care about anyone else' attitude in his business dealings, I simply think the man lacks character in how casually he'll decide not to pay people he owes which is well documented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections