Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 02:19 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,994,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
A. Me too. He screwed up invading Iraq... but I definitely don't blame him for 9/11... at least not totally.

B. Clinton missed opportunities to get Bin Laden. Bush failed to follow up on the threat.

C. Because Orlando happened in year 8 while 9/11 happened in year 0.75?

A. Neither do I, at least not totally.

B. I'm certainly not going to defend Clinton. Either of them.

C. It's still irrelevant, which was my point. There's nothing Obama did or could have done that would have changed anything in Orlando. One crazy mofo American is still going to be one crazy mofo American, and gun control, semantics (he won't say 'radical Islam', so the f-what?) or fairy dust isn't going to change that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 02:20 PM

3,536 posts, read 3,739,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Obama is much more worried about how he is going to be viewed in response to these terrible attacks in history. Because the man is obsessed with history, namely the racist history of America in his mind.

He had to once again bring up America's racist past. He won't even let us mourn the loss of 49 of our brothers and sisters, he just can't resist getting up on that soap box.

Make no mistake, he will let many more of us die before he does ANYTHING about this problem that will make him look the least bit like he profiled people.

The safe bet for him is to blame guns and all extremism which is to essentially take no stand at all.

He just wants to get to January and not make any real decisions on this so he can build his library and make himself look like Gandhi.
It was a struggle just for him to say "Founding Fathers." Like he was gritting his teeth (because he doesn't actually care about the Constitution or have respect for its founding ideals).

Old 06-14-2016, 02:29 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,674,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free-R View Post
It was a struggle just for him to say "Founding Fathers." Like he was gritting his teeth (because he doesn't actually care about the Constitution or have respect for its founding ideals).
He studied Constitutional Law so he could undermine it in elected office. He is getting good marks on that but is being rejected by SCOTUS more than any other president in history. He is a poor student and an idiot. It's time I stop praising him now and point out his short comings in the future.

Last edited by phma; 06-14-2016 at 02:42 PM..

Old 06-14-2016, 02:44 PM

759 posts, read 638,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
thank you for proving my point... The answer appears to be a resounding yes.
Hardly.

I am not a bigot... at all. But believe me when I say I could give a rat's ass about some Islamic person in a foreign country wanting to make his home here in the USA... terrorist or not.

You ever notice that Canada hasn't had any acts of terrorism?

I CAN'T EVEN GET INTO CANADA... because I have a RECKLESS DRIVING conviction on my record. (The same would also apply if I had a DUI conviction)

Canada is pretty strict about who they let in their country... maybe the US should follow their lead because right now our immigration policy needs an overhaul.

Old 06-14-2016, 02:46 PM

3,536 posts, read 3,739,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
He studied Constitutional Law so he could undermine it in elected office. He is getting good marks on that but is being rejected by SCOTUS more than any other president in history. He is a poor student and an idiot. It's time I stop praising him now and point out his short comings in the future.
That's exactly it. He uses it as a social weapon more than anything else.

Old 06-14-2016, 02:51 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,060,242 times
Quote:
Hardly.

I am not a bigot... at all. But believe me when I say I could give a rat's ass about some Islamic person in a foreign country wanting to make his home here in the USA... terrorist or not.

You ever notice that Canada hasn't had any acts of terrorism?

I CAN'T EVEN GET INTO CANADA... because I have a RECKLESS DRIVING conviction on my record. (The same would also apply if I had a DUI conviction)

Canada is pretty strict about who they let in their country... maybe the US should follow their lead because right now our immigration policy needs an overhaul.
now I'm really confused, Canada resettled 25,000 Syrian refugees between November 2015 and February 29, 2016 and is aiming for more

Old 06-14-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
now I'm really confused, Canada resettled 25,000 Syrian refugees between November 2015 and February 29, 2016 and is aiming for more
Only 25,000? How many does Hillary want to bring here?

Whatever keeps them out of the U.S. Maybe the radical islamic terrorists will go there too!

Old 06-14-2016, 03:02 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,060,242 times
Quote:
Only 25,000? How many does Hillary want to bring here?

Whatever keeps them out of the U.S. Maybe the radical islamic terrorists will go there too!
Only? That was in just 4 months

Old 06-14-2016, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
Only? That was in just 4 months
Cool... well in case you missed my point here it is.

I could give a rat's where the immigrants go (especially those with terrorism ties) as long as they aren't here posing a threat.

I only mentioned Canada because it's a PITA to get in there if you have a blip on your driving record. They crawl up your ass with a microscope checking your background... they did me anyway.

I honestly wasn't aware of the refugee thing but it's cool.... keep sending them there. My bad for assuming Canada had their priorities straight. Let's let the foreigners in but ban the guy who drove too fast in his Challenger...

LOL

Old 06-14-2016, 03:18 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
"when asked question about Radical Islam, he got quite thin skinned about it."
Obama didn't take questions, so I can tell who watched it and who is making stuff up.
Told you so.....

Obama Furious: Snaps at Critics over Refusal to Say ‘Radical Islam’
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections