Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 10:25 AM

21,139 posts, read 19,714,475 times

Advertisements

This is exactly the kind of crony capitalism that voters (R & D) are sick of and why Trump will be our next president. I guess I like Hillary's VP pick after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 11:25 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
The more I'm hearing about Tim KainE the more I like him. He could step right in and be president if need be. Pretty much a VERY balanced individual and more.

Lots to offer the world as I'm seeing it.

Trump will NOT be our next president???!#$$#@##%##

Old 07-23-2016, 11:33 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
He comes out of the gate speaking fluent Spanish, lol good for him this is the election cycle to do that!

Old 07-23-2016, 11:36 AM

17,417 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
He comes out of the gate speaking fluent Spanish, lol good for him this is the election cycle to do that!
I just saw that.

And while I understand why, being that they're in Florida right now ... that will give some people a push over to Trump and/or solidify the #neverhillary stance.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:07 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,180,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I just saw that.

And while I understand why, being that they're in Florida right now ... that will give some people a push over to Trump and/or solidify the #neverhillary stance.
They might have done ok in Orlando, with a predominantly Puerto Rican latino population. But in Miami, which is predominantly conservative Cuban (tho there are other Latin Americans there too), they have an uphill battle to get votes, which they likely will lose. Cuban Americans don't want to hear from the party that cozied up to the Castros, and Kaine's Spanish will not help him one bit.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:32 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,693,117 times
He also changed insurance for VA employees that only made things worse for the employees. THEN he just happens to end up on the board of directors for the insurance company he moved to.

Not that other politicians don't do similar stuff.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:48 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post

They have no clue, do they!!

Only those here illegally and cannot vote, cannot understand english.
Even Democrats don't like that the illegals come here.

Old 07-23-2016, 04:11 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Default Tim Kaine

Tim Kaine will do what for Hillary? After reading the article, he doesn't seem like that impressive of a pick. Maybe everyone else she tapped said not in this lifetime.

Tim Kaine Wouldn’t Do Much To Help Clinton Win The Election | FiveThirtyEight and Hillary Clinton Picks Tim Kaine, Betting She Can Beat Trump Without A Splashy VP | FiveThirtyEight

I didn't realize Kaine was on Obama's short list in 2008. Wonder why Obama passed.

Again, as a Trump supporter, I couldn't be happier with her choice! Another "nail in the coffin" of the Clinton campaign.

Old 07-23-2016, 04:14 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,949,724 times
I'm VERY happy with Hillary's choice of Tim Kaine! He's a very seasoned politician and is ready to be president on day ONE. He speaks Spanish fluently and has NEVER lost an election. He's a great speaker in general and has a nice, friendly personality. Clinton/Kaine!!!

Old 07-23-2016, 04:16 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
I am equally happy about Tim Kaine as Hillary's VP. I also love Joe Biden so I don't question President Obama picking Joe either - I love them together. I also love Hillary and Tim Kaine together, they look great. Plus Tim Kaine plays a great harmonica and seems very very likable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpnrmKn_oVI

Plus he gives a great speech:

Holy crap. He killed it.
I’m not trying to spin you. I’m sitting here in shock. Shock. Tim Kaine was unbelievable.

Holy Crap, Tim Kaine Just Killed It In His First Speech With Clinton - The Daily Beast
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections