Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 10:53 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,730,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
He supports amnesty for illegals. Of course he euphemistically calls it "immigration reform". That's what is not to like.
So does Jeb Bush and a lot of other Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 10:58 PM

22,194 posts, read 19,481,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopskooper View Post
It was reported that Kaine said: "The president told me at one point, he said you know, you are my heart pick and Biden is my head pick ... Sometimes I go with my heart, sometimes I go with my head."

It could have been nothing more than that. It seems to me he said something to the effect at the time that Biden shared more of his values and thought he'd make him a better president. So it sounded as if it was purely subjective and not because of any particular negative attribute pertaining to Kaine.
Experience may also have been a factor. Obama likely wanted someone with a bit more experience (and Biden had tons of it). This was prior to Kaine being in the Senate and was Governor for a little less than 3 years at the time (previously serving as Lt Gov and Mayor of Richmond)

Old 07-23-2016, 10:59 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,674,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Try to keep up. Jeb was sent home long ago along with a lot of other Republicans.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:59 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,921,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
And that's why they all got pwned in the primarys.

Old 07-23-2016, 11:00 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,568,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Tim Kaine, a great candidate who can appeal to the left and right - what is not to like?
All the right can throw up is phony ovet the top Islamist-supporter claims and legal disclosed gifts. Grasping at straws.
Tim Kaine is the enemy of Liberal Muslims, because he panders to the Conservative/Moderate Muslims, which unfortunately are the majority within the Democrat party.
AIFD Statement on Virginia Commission on Immigration Controversy | American Islamic Forum for Democracy

Old 07-23-2016, 11:01 PM

7,682 posts, read 5,538,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopskooper View Post
It was reported that Kaine said: "The president told me at one point, he said you know, you are my heart pick and Biden is my head pick ... Sometimes I go with my heart, sometimes I go with my head."

It could have been nothing more than that. It seems to me he said something to the effect at the time that Biden shared more of his values and thought he'd make him a better president. So it sounded as if it was purely subjective and not because of any particular negative attribute pertaining to Kaine.
Someone on CNN today said that one factor mentioned against Kaine in 2008 was his lack of experience in foreign affairs. He's beefed up his resume in that regard since then.

Old 07-23-2016, 11:04 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,031,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Experience may also have been a factor. Obama likely wanted someone with a bit more experience (and Biden had tons of it). This was prior to Kaine being in the Senate and was Governor for a little less than 3 years at the time (previously serving as Lt Gov and Mayor of Richmond)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Someone on CNN today said that one factor mentioned against Kaine in 2008 was his lack of experience in foreign affairs. He's beefed up his resume in that regard since then.
Makes a lot of sense. Thanks.
~amanda

Old 07-23-2016, 11:17 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,461,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Wow. Jumping to conclusions much?

Some people actually called Obama "messiah". You have no way of knowing that Trump's followers "think the same thing about him."
RNC Speakers: Trump is 'Sent From God' and Compared With 'Messiah' | The Weekly Standard

There you go, that proves you wrong. At least one of your fellow whackjobs says he is "sent from God." Close enough.

Old 07-23-2016, 11:27 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,461,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Tim Kaine is the enemy of Liberal Muslims, because he panders to the Conservative/Moderate Muslims, which unfortunately are the majority within the Democrat party.
AIFD Statement on Virginia Commission on Immigration Controversy | American Islamic Forum for Democracy
lol...

Old 07-23-2016, 11:42 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,279,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post

beefed up doing what? traveling to South America as a tourist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections