Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 09:17 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,477,534 times

Advertisements

Compare this upbeat event with Pence's on-again off-again delayed VP announcement, Trump trying to back out, and Trump rambling on about everything except Pence, and then patting him on the back and walking off stage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 09:55 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,502,295 times
Really happy about Kaine. He is very centric.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:07 PM

22,194 posts, read 19,481,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Because he voted for Iraq like Mike Pence? Got it. He doesn't want to spoon with Putin like Trump does.
Kaine did not vote for the war in Iraq, though he was not in Congress at the time. He was LT Gov of Virginia during the war vote.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:10 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,914,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I am equally happy about Tim Kaine as Hillary's VP. I also love Joe Biden so I don't question President Obama picking Joe either - I love them together. I also love Hillary and Tim Kaine together, they look great. Plus Tim Kaine plays a great harmonica and seems very very likable.
There isn't much more that can be said about you, we now completely understand...

Old 07-23-2016, 10:10 PM

22,194 posts, read 19,481,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Tim Kaine will do what for Hillary? After reading the article, he doesn't seem like that impressive of a pick. Maybe everyone else she tapped said not in this lifetime.

Tim Kaine Wouldn’t Do Much To Help Clinton Win The Election | FiveThirtyEight and Hillary Clinton Picks Tim Kaine, Betting She Can Beat Trump Without A Splashy VP | FiveThirtyEight

I didn't realize Kaine was on Obama's short list in 2008. Wonder why Obama passed.

Again, as a Trump supporter, I couldn't be happier with her choice! Another "nail in the coffin" of the Clinton campaign.
More of a safe pick than anything splashy. A popular Senator and former Governor of an increasingly Democratic leaning swing state, in which the math gets tougher for the GOP if they don't win.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:32 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,031,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Tim Kaine will do what for Hillary? After reading the article, he doesn't seem like that impressive of a pick. Maybe everyone else she tapped said not in this lifetime.

Tim Kaine Wouldn’t Do Much To Help Clinton Win The Election | FiveThirtyEight and Hillary Clinton Picks Tim Kaine, Betting She Can Beat Trump Without A Splashy VP | FiveThirtyEight

I didn't realize Kaine was on Obama's short list in 2008. Wonder why Obama passed.

Again, as a Trump supporter, I couldn't be happier with her choice! Another "nail in the coffin" of the Clinton campaign.
It was reported that Kaine said: "The president told me at one point, he said you know, you are my heart pick and Biden is my head pick ... Sometimes I go with my heart, sometimes I go with my head."

It could have been nothing more than that. It seems to me he said something to the effect at the time that Biden shared more of his values and thought he'd make him a better president. So it sounded as if it was purely subjective and not because of any particular negative attribute pertaining to Kaine.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:37 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,914,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Where have you been. The Clintons have been around forever and every corruption scrutinized. Late for the party I guess
30 plus years of graft, corruption and murder, we know what we would get if the butcher of Benghazi were to be elected, the end of America..

Old 07-23-2016, 10:40 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,477,534 times
Default Tim Kaine - what is not to like?

Tim Kaine, a great candidate who can appeal to the left and right - what is not to like?
All the right can throw up is phony ovet the top Islamist-supporter claims and legal disclosed gifts. Grasping at straws.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:42 PM

32,091 posts, read 15,089,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
30 plus years of graft, corruption and murder, we know what we would get if the butcher of Benghazi were to be elected, the end of America..
And what do you think Trump would do. You should be very scared

Old 07-23-2016, 10:43 PM

22,482 posts, read 12,022,969 times
He supports amnesty for illegals. Of course he euphemistically calls it "immigration reform". That's what is not to like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections