Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 01:04 PM

33,568 posts, read 18,150,665 times

Advertisements

This movie is packed with truth about our history. It is a must see movie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2016, 02:56 PM

29,213 posts, read 22,351,209 times
It's hard to believe that a movie that is supposedly in the Top 10 has only grossed $250,000. Any Top 10 movie would be grossing in the millions that has been out since the middle of July.

It's not on Rotten Tomatoes' Top 10- it's ranked at #27. And the average theater take from the movie is only $626.00. The #1 movie, "Don't Breathe" is taking $5,100 on average in comparison.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/browse/box-office/

Old 09-08-2016, 06:49 AM

25,943 posts, read 22,098,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It's hard to believe that a movie that is supposedly in the Top 10 has only grossed $250,000. Any Top 10 movie would be grossing in the millions that has been out since the middle of July.

It's not on Rotten Tomatoes' Top 10- it's ranked at #27. And the average theater take from the movie is only $626.00. The #1 movie, "Don't Breathe" is taking $5,100 on average in comparison.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/browse/box-office/
It's not actually hard to believe. Let's face it, many people aren't sophisticated enough to actually go and see a documentary. Yeah, I don't let "Rotten Tomatoes" pick my movies either.

Wait, just wait, to see the revenue that comes in once the DVD is released! The timing for the release is PERFECT!

The good thing about this movie is its relevancy. You see it and it opens a discussion with the neighbor, the friend, grandma, co-workers.................. Something like "Don't Breathe", probably not, whatever it is.

Old 09-08-2016, 07:22 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,323,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
It's not actually hard to believe. Let's face it, many people aren't sophisticated enough to actually go and see a documentary. Yeah, I don't let "Rotten Tomatoes" pick my movies either.

Wait, just wait, to see the revenue that comes in once the DVD is released! The timing for the release is PERFECT!

The good thing about this movie is its relevancy. You see it and it opens a discussion with the neighbor, the friend, grandma, co-workers.................. Something like "Don't Breathe", probably not, whatever it is.
And yet Michael Moores' "Fahrenheit 9/11" has made $199 million, "Space Station 3D" made $93 million, "March of the Penguins" made $77 million.

It's not that people don't like documentaries. It's that people right now are not interested in partisan hit job movies. Such films are attracting die-hard partisan fanatics who have already long since decided who they will vote for, but they are not getting very far with the general public. There's enough free partisan nonsense on TV and the web 24/7 nowadays. Why pay to see more? Michael Moores' last film "Where to Invade Next" - released just last year - met a similar fate.

Ken

Old 09-08-2016, 11:15 AM

Like I said, wait and see how the DVD does. It will also revive the whole conversation about the corruption of the Clintons and the horrors associated with them just before early voting starts. In our state, you can get a ballot mailed up to 20 days before the election and fill it out as you watch the DVD, like I don't already know without watching the movie that I don't want to vote for the corrupt shrew, just cage it and be done with it!

Again, October 11, 2016, "Hillary's America" on DVD and Blu-Ray.

Actually, movie theater attendance is dropping. We haven't went to the theater since the original "Toy Story" came out. Actually, after I saw Oprah years ago and they were swabbing what was on the theater seats and......... It came down to like everything imaginable was swabbed from the seats.

Why 2015 Wasn't As Good for Theaters As the Box Office Says -- The Motley Fool

Old 09-08-2016, 11:31 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,323,407 times
Quote:
Like I said, wait and see how the DVD does. It will also revive the whole conversation about the corruption of the Clintons and the horrors associated with them just before early voting starts. In our state, you can get a ballot mailed up to 20 days before the election and fill it out as you watch the DVD, like I don't already know without watching the movie that I don't want to vote for the corrupt shrew, just cage it and be done with it!

Again, October 11, 2016, "Hillary's America" on DVD and Blu-Ray.

Actually, movie theater attendance is dropping. We haven't went to the theater since the original "Toy Story" came out. Actually, after I saw Oprah years ago and they were swabbing what was on the theater seats and......... It came down to like everything imaginable was swabbed from the seats.

Why 2015 Wasn't As Good for Theaters As the Box Office Says -- The Motley Fool
Well, there's no doubt that movie attendance is dropping, but good movies CAN make big money. Lousy political hit job films - well, not so much. So, good luck.

Ken

Old 09-08-2016, 11:58 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,511,932 times
Whack job america continues down the slippery slope of Citizens United propaganda. They eat it up. Crazy sick people out there.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:10 PM

29,213 posts, read 22,351,209 times
Quote:

I don't use Rotten Tomatoes to pick my movies either, but as the most viewed movie website, it's ranking are the most reliable and the quickest to change. That's how they came to be the biggest movie website of all.

Since all motion pictures release their gross returns weekly, Rotten Tomatoes gross numbers are also accurate. The dollar amount doesn't lie. The figures say more about the actual viewing numbers than anything else does.

Lord Balfor is right. If people wanted to spend money on political hack job documentaries, at least one of them would have actually returned a profit by now. There have been at least a half-dozen of them released over the past 8 years, and not a one ever came close to paying for itself.

More people's minds are already made up than ever before in our recent past, too. Lord B is right there as well; those who will never vote for Clinton may cough up a rental for the flick, but they're the only ones who will. All the documentary does is add another shout to the already deafening noise over this election coming from everywhere, all the time.

It's no good as a discussion starter. If you want to start a discussion, all you have to do is have a few facts in order and find someone who's willing to listen. Asking anyone to watch a 90 minute movie they don't want to see isn't going to start much except a lie they actually sat through it all.

Think about it. Would you pay money to watch a 90 minute Trump bash? If someone offered a loaner DVD of the same, would you take it willingly? And then watch it all the way through?

If you would, honestly, good for you. You are more placid than I am, for sure. Even if it was free, I would probably be throwing things at the screen long before it ended.

Old 10-12-2016, 06:37 AM

I wanted to remind everyone that "Hillary's America" was released on DVD yesterday, 11 Oct. I put on my "Veterans For Trump" t-shirt and went to Wal-Marts and bought it for less than $13.00! Myself in my t-shirt, my husband in his and our adult with developmental disabilities!

We are about 20 minutes into the movie and the movie is based on facts, no doubt. I have read extensively over the last year and every thing does match. The outcome of this election is critical. Hillary must be stopped, not even so much Hillary but all of those establishment politicians that have been selling us out and moving us toward the non-existence of our people and our country, globalism.

The movie also goes back into history which could be informative to those that don't understand the stance and development of the parties.

I encourage everyone, even those who want to remain ignorant, to watch the movie and vote your conscience as one thinks about all the work and all those that have died in order that we are the country that we are.

"It is time" for Americans to get serious! Those "with her" are against "us" and everything our country stands for.

See the movie!

Old 10-12-2016, 06:39 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,005,080 times
Quote:
I wanted to remind everyone that "Hillary's America" was released on DVD yesterday, 11 Oct. I put on my "Veterans For Trump" t-shirt and went to Wal-Marts and bought it for less than $13.00! Myself in my t-shirt, my husband in his and our adult with developmental disabilities!

We are about 20 minutes into the movie and the movie is based on facts, no doubt. I have read extensively over the last year and every thing does match. The outcome of this election is critical. Hillary must be stopped, not even so much Hillary but all of those establishment politicians that have been selling us out and moving us toward the non-existence of our people and our country, globalism.

The movie also goes back into history which could be informative to those that don't understand the stance and development of the parties.

I encourage everyone, even those who want to remain ignorant, to watch the movie and vote your conscience as one thinks about all the work and all those that have died in order that we are the country that we are.

"It is time" for Americans to get serious! Those "with her" are against "us" and everything our country stands for.

See the movie!
heck, you should have waited until November 9th. I bet the movie will be in the $5.00 bin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections