Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 10:22 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,958,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post
The man is on the verge of being criminally insane. Megalomania, sociopathic behavior, unable to understand reality, and acute paranoia. This is someone to support for president? Only if you're as lacking in values and as insane as he is. Maybe he's actually the right man at the right time, because many Americans I meet are almost as ignorant, despicable, mean, hate filled, racist, and out of touch w/ reality as he is.

And those are qualities Trump possesses on a GOOD day. As the next 3 months wind down, we are going to see more and more screw ups and self destructive behavior by Mr. Trump. I can not wait for the debates...........It will be like a Rhodes Scholar vs a 4th grader.

Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 10:23 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,166,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I think Hillary could do the same.
That's ludicrous since she didn't when Bush won twice nor when Obama beat her in the primary. Only a megalomaniac like Donald would love to see innocent people die to massage his ego. He's also not tethered to sanity much like his cult like followers.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:25 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,745,134 times
Think of how many elections have been 'rigged' in our lifetimes and Trump is the only guy saying anything. Love him or hate him, you gotta admit, he's shining a light into a garbage can and the cockroaches are running for their lives.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:25 PM

12,547 posts, read 10,014,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
That's ludicrous since she didn't when Bush won twice nor when Obama beat her in the primary. Only a megalomaniac like Donald would love to see innocent people die to massage his ego. He's also not tethered to sanity much like his cult like followers.
This is her last chance - I don't know what she'll do once she knows it's over.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:43 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,166,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
This is her last chance - I don't know what she'll do once she knows it's over.
2008 was her "last chance" where everyone wrote her political obituary yet she didn't incite people to attack Obama supporters. Sane people don't want to go down in history as inciting terrorism but Donald already incites his supporters to beat protesters up at his rallies so it's no stretch.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:45 PM

12,547 posts, read 10,014,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
2008 was her "last chance" where everyone wrote her political obituary yet she didn't incite people to attack Obama supporters. Sane people don't want to go down in history as inciting terrorism but Donald already incites his supporters to beat protesters up at his rallies so it's no stretch.
She was young enough to run again. Again, I don't know what's running through her head. I feel scared though.

Old 08-03-2016, 02:04 AM

24,500 posts, read 23,220,278 times
As I see it, this is how the candidates stack up and have their own strengths and weaknesses.
Trump has the economy in his favor. If he continues to talk manufacturing and jobs and personal stories of citizens coping with job loss, he'll do well. Hillary can't do more than make tired old promises about making things better, she's stuck being part of what made things worse.
Trump's a loud mouth jerk who needs to take a few seconds before he shoots his mouth off and gets offended. We see the real guy, here. Good and bad. To Hillary's credit she doesn't stray from a carefully rehearsed speech her army of handlers write for her and stays in her comfort zone. No media going after her with unplanned questions, no unapproved interactions with voters. If she responds to questions or comments, everything is scripted. She's even nastier than Trump, she just is very skilled at hiding it.
Hillary has the billionaires, Bankers, Wall Street and moguls behind her which is good and bad. Good in that they can spend millions to help her and to attack Trump, bad in that they risk turning all but the most dense and myopic liberal against her. If the working class and poor are increasingly struggling and they see the uber elitist rich support Hillary, they'll resent her. Trump just has to appeal to the everyday working class, they have more power than they realize.
Health. Trump beats Hillary here. Hillary is in declining health, physically and mentally, and Bill Clinton is rapidly fading away. Trump should be seen being more physical when campaigning, Hillary can't do much more than walk or stand and speak.
Crowd numbers. Trump should continue to book large arenas for speaking engagements and leave the smaller ones for Hillary to struggle to fill.
Politicians. Hillary has politicians of both parties supporting her and attacking Trump. That's good and bad. If Trump continues to play up that he's an outsider, that will resonate with people who are sick of the government and see it as the problem, not the solution.

Old 08-03-2016, 05:44 AM

19,718 posts, read 16,958,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Think of how many elections have been 'rigged' in our lifetimes and Trump is the only guy saying anything. Love him or hate him, you gotta admit, he's shining a light into a garbage can and the cockroaches are running for their lives.

Er, no, I think you have that "garbage can and cockroaches" analogy a little backwards. Hehe, yeah, sure, Trump is really a "shining light" !

Don

Old 08-03-2016, 05:59 AM

57,398 posts, read 26,455,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Like in 2008 right?

Oh wait......
I was thinking 2000, maybe some chad problems are in Florida's future. Imagine if Trump was running against GW back then.

Old 08-03-2016, 06:12 AM

11,249 posts, read 8,377,584 times
I posted this in response to the baby thread, but it really belongs here, so rather than retyping...

---quote from myself---
All I can figure is that he's doing everything he can to self destruct. Has been for a while, and his followers just eat it up. Take his stance to not endorse Ryan. He knows it will **** most republicans off, and it will hurt his chances. The ONLY explanation I can come up with is that he knows, and has known for a long time, that he is not up for the job, doesn't want the job, and if he gets it, he will be exposed for the phony that he is. He's too far in to back out, so his only way to save face now is to blow the election, and then he can play the victim card, like he does all the time, about how the system is rigged, and he got shafted. His swan-song will be an attempt to rally his blind supporters to unleash civil-unrest, and his perverted, socio-pathetic self will get the ego stroke his empty soul needs.

It's really the only explanation I can come up with at this point. The guy has pretty much hijacked our system for his own ego. If I were a Republican, I'd be PISSED. There has never been a better chance for the GOP to gain some credibility, and to do some of the good things their platform stands for (I am all for fiscal responsibility and smaller government, they lose me on the social issues), but no, he hijacked the party, and gave us Hillary. I'm no Hillary fan, but I'll take her every time over this nut-job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections