Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 12:51 PM

12,055 posts, read 5,953,840 times

Advertisements

Clark - let's set the record straight - Trump is not PC - he rolls off the cuff and yes some of the things he says are foolish - while some are on the money - but he hasn't said them in the PC way.

He's a businessman and in business to make money - if he uses the rules and regulations in place - that millions of other business people use to his advantage - that's being smart - not dishonest.

He does lack tact and poise - but I don't really care if my president has elegance - I just want them to fight for me.

I have no idea how many times he may have cheated - at one time that really mattered to me - and as great a man as I thought Kennedy was - I was disappointed in the man due to his serial cheating - and then of course we have Bill Clinton - who probably scored more than Kennedy - so condoning what they did but not Trump is hypocritical.

He may have been born with money - but he made his own and as you can see - he's made his kids work for everything they have - they weren't given cushy jobs but learned from the guys at the bottom. I have to respect that and no one came from more money - which had unsavory sources than Kennedy. Again - you're being hypocritical.

Now the bigot - have you bothered to see the diversity in Trump businesses - no - you're on here too much to actually see not only the jobs he's created but who fill those jobs.

And last but not least the draft dodger. He received a medical deferment as well as deferments for his continuing education but ya know what - so did Bill Clinton. In fact Bill Clinton dodged the draft in much the same way - saying he was joining the ROTC then pulling out. He used the possibility of joining the ROTC as a ploy to work with the draft board to delay his induction. Then of course he had the educational deferments.

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 01:00 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,132,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I wouldn't go that far ... a lot of things can happen from now until November.

What Donald's supporters don't realize is the majority of Americans are coming to view him as a clown, a buffoon, a dishonest and sleazy businessman, a privileged and spoiled millionaire's son, a draft dodger, a serial adulterer, a bigot ... he is a man who entirely lacks diplomacy, tact, elegance, dignity, and poise - things that are important in a President of the United States.
There is a significant percentage of Americans that see through the nonsense coming from the establishment, and mainstream media.

Just remember that the two anti-establishment candidates got way more votes this year than all the other candidates combined.

Old 08-03-2016, 01:08 PM

22,632 posts, read 15,005,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Clark - let's set the record straight - Trump is not PC - he rolls off the cuff and yes some of the things he says are foolish - while some are on the money - but he hasn't said them in the PC way.

He's a businessman and in business to make money - if he uses the rules and regulations in place - that millions of other business people use to his advantage - that's being smart - not dishonest.

He does lack tact and poise - but I don't really care if my president has elegance - I just want them to fight for me.

I have no idea how many times he may have cheated - at one time that really mattered to me - and as great a man as I thought Kennedy was - I was disappointed in the man due to his serial cheating - and then of course we have Bill Clinton - who probably scored more than Kennedy - so condoning what they did but not Trump is hypocritical.

He may have been born with money - but he made his own and as you can see - he's made his kids work for everything they have - they weren't given cushy jobs but learned from the guys at the bottom. I have to respect that and no one came from more money - which had unsavory sources than Kennedy. Again - you're being hypocritical.

Now the bigot - have you bothered to see the diversity in Trump businesses - no - you're on here too much to actually see not only the jobs he's created but who fill those jobs.

And last but not least the draft dodger. He received a medical deferment as well as deferments for his continuing education but ya know what - so did Bill Clinton. In fact Bill Clinton dodged the draft in much the same way - saying he was joining the ROTC then pulling out. He used the possibility of joining the ROTC as a ploy to work with the draft board to delay his induction. Then of course he had the educational deferments.

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid.
Blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah.

You're making excuses.

Trump is clearly unqualified to be president.

Decorum is not "political correctness."

Politeness is not "political correctness."

Dignity is not "political correctness."

John F. Kennedy and Bill Clinton are not running for president ... Donald Trump is. Don't bring up ancient history.

Donald Trump acts like a clown and a buffoon. You can spin it any way you like ... but the fact still is - he is a clown and a buffoon.

Old 08-03-2016, 01:44 PM

12,055 posts, read 5,953,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah.

You're making excuses.

Trump is clearly unqualified to be president.

Decorum is not "political correctness."

Politeness is not "political correctness."

Dignity is not "political correctness."

John F. Kennedy and Bill Clinton are not running for president ... Donald Trump is. Don't bring up ancient history.

Donald Trump acts like a clown and a buffoon. You can spin it any way you like ... but the fact still is - he is a clown and a buffoon.

Your answer suggests that there's more than one buffoon here - Trump isn't even President yet and you are trashing him and condoning what those in the Democrat party have already done while serving. Ya can't fix stupid.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:56 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,380,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Foster View Post
If the Democrats are morally capable of stealing the nomination from Bernie, they can certainly steal the election from Trump.
I was a Bernie Sanders supporter from BEFORE he announced his candidacy. I encouraged him to run, I worked for his campaign, and I donated. The nomination was NOT stolen from him. He lost fair and square.

He got far more votes than I ever thought he would, but not enough to beat someone who ran for the job, not for one year, but for at least 10 years. Most Americans didn't even know who Bernie was a year ago. Sec. Clinton on the other hand has worldwide name and face recognition. She has the goodwill of people who still think of her husband's eight years as a good administration and profitable for their pocketbooks.

Because some states have caucuses instead of voting, it's not possible to get an exact count on a nationwide number, but it's a safe bet to say that in straight voting, Hillary beat Bernie by about 3.7 million votes. Million. Not thousand. Bernie's last gasp was California. He spent more money in that state PER VOTER than any other state he ran in and he lost decisively. She got 438,537 more votes than he did in one of the primaries where people had the most time to get to know him. No one suggested any cheating was involved.

Do not confuse publicity with votes. The Sanders candidacy was very attractive to a media always on the prowl for something new and exciting. The next big thing. Especially anything that appeals to the youth (their target demographic for selling advertising). So Bernie got a lot of notice. But Hillary got a lot of votes. Votes from people who don't go to rallies, don't demonstrate, don't donate. She won. The Democratic primary was not "fixed" or "rigged" or unfair. She just got more votes than he did. Had the primary run for another year, yes, then he might have won. But he didn't enter the race until six months before the voting started. That was his problem.

In any case, he had a tremendous impact on the thinking of the Democratic Party. He got Debbie Wasserman Schultz fired. The party platform voted on by the delegates has more of his thinking in it than Hillary's. He altered her position on many issues. Democrats are capable of change and are accepting of varied ideas. Don't mistake that for a lack of integrity.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:41 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,691,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I was a Bernie Sanders supporter from BEFORE he announced his candidacy. I encouraged him to run, I worked for his campaign, and I donated. The nomination was NOT stolen from him. He lost fair and square.

He got far more votes than I ever thought he would, but not enough to beat someone who ran for the job, not for one year, but for at least 10 years. Most Americans didn't even know who Bernie was a year ago. Sec. Clinton on the other hand has worldwide name and face recognition. She has the goodwill of people who still think of her husband's eight years as a good administration and profitable for their pocketbooks.

Because some states have caucuses instead of voting, it's not possible to get an exact count on a nationwide number, but it's a safe bet to say that in straight voting, Hillary beat Bernie by about 3.7 million votes. Million. Not thousand. Bernie's last gasp was California. He spent more money in that state PER VOTER than any other state he ran in and he lost decisively. She got 438,537 more votes than he did in one of the primaries where people had the most time to get to know him. No one suggested any cheating was involved.

Do not confuse publicity with votes. The Sanders candidacy was very attractive to a media always on the prowl for something new and exciting. The next big thing. Especially anything that appeals to the youth (their target demographic for selling advertising). So Bernie got a lot of notice. But Hillary got a lot of votes. Votes from people who don't go to rallies, don't demonstrate, don't donate. She won. The Democratic primary was not "fixed" or "rigged" or unfair. She just got more votes than he did. Had the primary run for another year, yes, then he might have won. But he didn't enter the race until six months before the voting started. That was his problem.

In any case, he had a tremendous impact on the thinking of the Democratic Party. He got Debbie Wasserman Schultz fired. The party platform voted on by the delegates has more of his thinking in it than Hillary's. He altered her position on many issues. Democrats are capable of change and are accepting of varied ideas. Don't mistake that for a lack of integrity.

great post and thank you for your support of Bernie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections