Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 10:14 PM

593 posts, read 1,379,155 times

Advertisements

I took it as they were pointing out that hillary is an insider who knows politics. Trump is not and because of his ignorance he is more of a threat to our way of life so much so that even the former leaders of the great republican party wont step up to support him. That even they know he is the worst choice between these two. I bet they wish they had supported Cruz after all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 10:25 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,714,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Great Op-Ed here folks, right on the money.

Washington Post
wait, didnt trump unload on the washington post and call them dishonest among other things? if so, this is a conflict of interest.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:21 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,405,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
trump exhibits all the traits of a freedom hating tyrant, just as Hilliary does.its a wash.

If we were operating according to the Constitution, if ordinary Americans had a clue who was pulling the strings of their elected representatives, Trump's confrontational approach to running for office would be inappropriate.

As it is, the parties have conspired to enforce the will of shadowy mega-donors over the will of the people and the press walks hand-in-hand with the 0.1% in this sleazy and undemocratic endeavor.

If we were operating according to the Constitution, we wouldn't have the DNC chair BOO'ed off stage for having conspired to support one candidate over another.

Of course, were we operating according to the Constitution, their would have been no support for the Sander's campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRbBVULW73M

Conservatives are a little further down the road to rejecting the interference of the 0.1% in our elections and, unlike Democrats who have once again succumbed to the elite, we are dealing with backlash from the shadowy string pullers and their ******* like Jeb, Kasich and Rubio.

27 Republicans who won

The uprising of working Americans who are concerned with border security and trade deals is of extreme concern to individuals who have built their fortunes on artificially low wages and tax loopholes.

We, the citizens who have challenged the Republican elite, have made it clear that if Republicans are going to ignore our concerns, we will not support their party darlings, even if it means blowing up the Republican Party.

To me, it's of no use as it presently exist.

To the 0.1%, it's no use if it doesn't give them illegal immigrant workers to drive down wages of the working class, H1-b visa workers to drive down wages of US IT workers and free trade deals to drive the nails in the coffin of unionized manufacturing jobs.

So, they will do business with Democrats instead.

No one said taking back a country from big money was going to be easy.

Today, we have an opportunity to make America work for ordinary Americans once again.

A Trump presidency is a step along the way that must be taken if we are to ever gain control of the political system once again.

You won't get there by voting for candidates who are above the will of the voters and above the laws of the land.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:53 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,226,529 times
Democracy? That's an evil system of government. Prone to being corrupted by 'Tax and Bribe' politics.
Of course, America is promised a republican form.
Ironically, not 1 in 100,000 Americans can accurately define it, or its source.
(NO, it's not a "constitutional republic" nor related to the republican party)

Old 08-02-2016, 04:09 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,969,964 times
I don't think it was so much that the GOP establishment supported Trump over Cruz--quite the opposite. Trump just got the votes. In fact, the GOP helped Cruz in attempting to swing delegates. The GOP establishment did a lot to try to keep Trump from getting the nomination. I personally don't think it's over yet. I keep asking myself if Trump and Clinton are the best that America can offer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Homeboy View Post
I took it as they were pointing out that hillary is an insider who knows politics. Trump is not and because of his ignorance he is more of a threat to our way of life so much so that even the former leaders of the great republican party wont step up to support him. That even they know he is the worst choice between these two. I bet they wish they had supported Cruz after all?

Old 08-02-2016, 05:06 AM

35,736 posts, read 21,093,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
How about the government stop taxing and regulating everything businesses do. Then we have the environmentalist who never get blamed for driving business out of the USA. Trump has already told people plentty of times why manufacturing is gone......look at the auto industry and now even coal.

Look at all the deals the government makes with China how can you blame Trump when he hasn't been in charge and these are government deals, not a citizen? I would love to buy more USA stuff, but so much is made in China. Is it my fault I can't buy American, if it is not available?

And it is not available- because of people like him- YES regulate and and taxes are you kidding me?? they need to pay their fair share- why should they be only one what end up with a huge profit at the end of the work week, and we are all left scrambling- I sacrificed a lot worked hard- took one or two jobs at a time- raised successful kids and everything keeps going up except my income... The system is rigged -he and his Friends get all the PERKS and I just get bills NO- I am not saying I want his money-just let me keep MINE If companies were loyal to AMERICA, we would not be in the mess- they are ONLY loyal to the DOLLAR BILL -- people think he is going to change his allegiance towards the people. HA!!
show your TAXES DONNY-- show them so they can SEE who you really are and how you operate

Old 08-02-2016, 07:34 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,950,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
And it is not available- because of people like him- YES regulate and and taxes are you kidding me?? they need to pay their fair share- why should they be only one what end up with a huge profit at the end of the work week, and we are all left scrambling- I sacrificed a lot worked hard- took one or two jobs at a time- raised successful kids and everything keeps going up except my income... The system is rigged -he and his Friends get all the PERKS and I just get bills NO- I am not saying I want his money-just let me keep MINE If companies were loyal to AMERICA, we would not be in the mess- they are ONLY loyal to the DOLLAR BILL -- people think he is going to change his allegiance towards the people. HA!!
show your TAXES DONNY-- show them so they can SEE who you really are and how you operate
You seem to overlook those that put taxes in place for the rich to use.......Trump didn't make the laws and he has told YOU the loopholes are there, why are you choosing to ignore him?

How could the Clintons go from broke in the White House and now worth billions in a few years? Bill hasn't worked and she has been on taxpayers dollars, just who the hell is making money doing very little? Looks like the Clintons are making a lot of money just speaking......

How many years has Hillary been in office and what has she done to change things?......besides ruin HealthCare

Old 08-02-2016, 07:51 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,295,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Homeboy View Post
Trump has diarrhea of the mouth and no filter. He might be a business man but he has entered the political arena. He does not understand political strategy and does not listen to his advisors or even those leaders in his own party? He wants to be a maverick amongst a pack of wolves. Now he is losing billions in support money from republican donors as well as military and veteran support. Doesnt look good for him.
A business man is what the USA needs..Trump understands political strategy better than any of the others.
Is the veteran support you're talking about coming from the more than 1.4 million veterans living below the poverty line???or is it from the 1.5 million veterans living JUST above the poverty line.
Together they make up approx 14% of the adult homeless in the great U.S.A.

You call outsourcing 2,382,000 in 2015 alone good for the economy?...
http://www.statisticbrain.com/outsou...cs-by-country/

Last edited by purehuman; 08-02-2016 at 08:01 AM..

Old 08-02-2016, 07:55 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,560,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
You seem to overlook those that put taxes in place for the rich to use.......Trump didn't make the laws and he has told YOU the loopholes are there, why are you choosing to ignore him?

How could the Clintons go from broke in the White House and now worth billions in a few years? Bill hasn't worked and she has been on taxpayers dollars, just who the hell is making money doing very little? Looks like the Clintons are making a lot of money just speaking......

How many years has Hillary been in office and what has she done to change things?......besides ruin HealthCare
She did pass a law to rename the courthouse after Thurgood Marshall, so there's that.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:37 AM

15,101 posts, read 8,650,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Except the article is chock full of hyperlinks that use this dangerously ill informed candidates own words to make their case.
This is a product of your perceptions. Yours and most others perceptions have been formed by hearing nothing but lies, half truths, sanitized politically correct feel good one liners, all of which lack any form of legitimate substance, that you find it impossible to process anything else, and most particularly disturbing to most, is when someone speaks the unvarnished truth. You have trouble with that, because you've never actually experienced that.

As George Orwell said, "in a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act".

For the entirety of most of our lives, we've been confronted with the choice between lesser evils, when choosing who to vote for, because throughout our lives, a select few others have ALWAYS made the choice for us, while convincing us that we had it. But all we really had was the illusion of choice, as we simply were allowed to pick one of the choices THEY offered, all of which THEY OWN.

These preselected choices pandered to different groups, promising this to some, that to others, all the while, each side blaming the other, when those promises failed to materialize. And the song kept playing, as we all danced in circles. Same old song and dance.

This time around things took a far different twist. In spite of their efforts to continue this fraud, an outsider not owned by THEM, managed to overcome all of their efforts to derail him, and prevented them from putting in their other chosen competitor. This explains why we saw so many republicans working tirelessly to attack Trump, rather than focusing on beating the Democrats. And some of them are STILL doing it. This ought to be a big clue.

Now, who knows if Trump can, or is even committed to do the things he promises to do. There is always the possibility that he can't or won't. But there is one certainty that we can all believe with absolute certainty .... we know Clinton is a career establishment criminal, and nothing will change for the better, if we're stupid enough to continue doing what the establishment media talking heads tell us to do.

If Clinton and Trump represent the choice between lesser evils, you need only look closely at their personal histories to understand that nobody beats Hillary when it comes to pure evil. NOBODY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections