Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 09:30 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Do you understand how TPP works? It doesn't sound like you do.

You don't see the irony in that statement do you?

Trump can contradict himself in the same sentence.
Clinton was for it, now she's against it.. not sure why you're defending that in her while bashing Trump who hasnt flip flopped to my knowledge..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 09:52 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,243,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Clinton was for it, now she's against it.. not sure why you're defending that in her while bashing Trump who hasnt flip flopped to my knowledge..
I was not defending Hillary. What did you get that from?

Old 08-02-2016, 10:25 PM

1,043 posts, read 900,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Do you understand how TPP works? It doesn't sound like you do.

You don't see the irony in that statement do you?

Trump can contradict himself in the same sentence.
If you would like my thoughts on the TPP here they are:

Partner countries in the TPP will have agreements built on moving goods and products between them. Things such as commodities like minerals, lumber and food products. But also manufactured products like electronics or machinery.

The agreements are designed to allow a more free movement of these goods and avoid paying tariffs or taxes on them. Each country may have their own particular products that they have in abundance - for example agriculture in the US or minerals from Australia. Each country is suppose to benefit because they share their valuable assets with countries who have other valuable assets in return.

The problem is that due to the lack of tariffs or taxes a multi-national corporation can decide where they want to base their business from. What we are finding, for example with NAFTA, is that many corporations will base their manufacturing where labor is cheapest (in NAFTAs case that is Mexico). So Americans who had previously been working in an auto plant are now out of a job because the plant was moved. But we still pay the same price for the car and the only winner is the corporation, i.e. the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

So, I'm no economics expert but I base my opinions and statements typically off of research and by educating myself. Something I know many people don't do.

Again, the TPP is an awful idea and Clinton keeps flip flopping while Trump is strongly against it. Therefore Trump has my vote.

Last edited by Parker501; 08-02-2016 at 11:14 PM..

Old 08-03-2016, 01:40 AM

24,429 posts, read 23,092,690 times
With Hillary they know their strangle hold on the economy is secure and they'll continue to amass vast personal fortunes at the expense of the middle class and poor.

Old 08-03-2016, 02:40 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,775,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Have any examples of Buffet stiffing contractors, underpaying signed contracts for no cause other than wanting to, selling his name to projects and denying involvement when they tank, leaving people holding the empty bag of bankruptcy while he walks away with full pockets, all things Donny has a rich history of doing?
He got an early deal to Goldman Sachs during the 2009 debacle, why?

Old 08-03-2016, 02:41 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,775,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
With Hillary they know their strangle hold on the economy is secure and they'll continue to amass vast personal fortunes at the expense of the middle class and poor.
Stranglehold on blacks and Hispanics. The economy has almost zero growth in the last 7 years.

Old 08-03-2016, 05:36 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,962,372 times
And what does that have to do with the merit of Buffett's criticism of Trump? Posting a Blaze article about tax issues of one of his many companies is merely a vane attempt at character assassination .

Old 08-03-2016, 05:45 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,948,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
And what does that have to do with the merit of Buffett's criticism of Trump? Posting a Blaze article about tax issues of one of his many companies is merely a vane attempt at character assassination .
If that's character assassination than isn't bringing up Trump having 4 companies that went bankrupt character assassination?

Old 08-03-2016, 08:51 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,243,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
The problem is that due to the lack of tariffs or taxes a multi-national corporation can decide where they want to base their business from. What we are finding, for example with NAFTA, is that many corporations will base their manufacturing where labor is cheapest (in NAFTAs case that is Mexico). So Americans who had previously been working in an auto plant are now out of a job because the plant was moved. But we still pay the same price for the car and the only winner is the corporation, i.e. the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
What happens when American products are shut out of those markets because of tariffs?

Old 08-03-2016, 08:58 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,124,984 times
It's the same with the Trump campaign - calling all billionaires. The only difference is that no one picks up the phone for Donald . . . . other than Sheldon Adelson.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections