Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 06:22 AM

11,225 posts, read 8,313,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I question the obsession of Trump with many of these poster. If he wasn't a threat - why spend your time googling for the latest faux pas he's made?

Why continue to lambast him and call him every name under the sun? Is life so boring you have nothing better to do? Support your candidate and defend your candidate but to continue to belittle someone that in your mind has no chance of becoming President is more than a little ridiculous. It won't change any of those on here that support him - they will probably stick to their guns more so - no matter what he does - just like Hillary supporters who continue to ignore the blatant lies and scandals she's been a part of. I question why the undying loyalty but know nothing I or anyone else says is going to change their mind - so why bother.
He is a threat. It's "Likely" he won't win, but elections are unpredictable, and one event (more emails, an attack, a smoking gun [fake or real] on Hillary....) can change the whole thing.

Just like many feel that Hillary will be the death of America, many, I believe more, feel that way about Trump. If that's how we feel, it's our duty to expose him for who he is, and to keep him out of office. You don't have to agree, but that's "why the obsession".

IMO, the likelihood of him getting into office is small, but the consequences are huge. You don't have to agree, I'm just answering the question.

Old 08-03-2016, 06:55 AM

28,948 posts, read 30,301,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
You could be right. I think the same thing about you, but I respect that one of us has to be wrong, and neither of us believe we are the one....

FWIW, I do understand his outsider appeal, and I do understand the absolute disdain for the status quo, which applies to both parties, and which Hillary absolutely represents. I (just me) just don't think Trump is a better alternative. There are better alternatives for sure, he's just not it for me....

Bringing real change is going to be painful to undo the mess, and it will take courage and risk from 'we the people'.

I do think Hillary is part of the problem, I don't agree with your vision of what her agenda is. Probably not a newsflash.
Greatly appreciate this honest opinion....thank you

Old 08-03-2016, 07:57 AM

13,300 posts, read 7,339,094 times
Way too many people in this country who don't get his humor. I meet these people in life they are the most boring people I have ever met. Trumps style is joking sarcasm about our political system, and the typical politician is his style. The smart people get it the dumb don't understand they get upset about trump keep wondering how he is winning. It's like the MTV show "Jack Ass" it's really funny but I know some who don't like it those are the same people who hate Trump.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Way too many people in this country who don't get his humor. I meet these people in life they are the most boring people I have ever met. Trumps style is joking sarcasm about our political system, and the typical politician is his style. The smart people get it the dumb don't understand they get upset about trump keep wondering how he is winning. It's like the tv show "Jack Ass" it's really funny but I know some who don't like it at all those are the same people who hate Trump.
yes, and every time he says something, I cringe, b/c you just know, they're really going to run away with this one. Isn't it interesting how they blow it all sky high?

and I agree, people today are way to serious...even top fashion models, never smile, they always have that mean look about them....people fear laughing at themselves...negative, always looking for the dirt, or the bad in others...

Old 08-03-2016, 08:30 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,480,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Way too many people in this country who don't get his humor. I meet these people in life they are the most boring people I have ever met. Trumps style is joking sarcasm about our political system, and the typical politician is his style. The smart people get it the dumb don't understand they get upset about trump keep wondering how he is winning. It's like the MTV show "Jack Ass" it's really funny but I know some who don't like it those are the same people who hate Trump.
Purple Heart jokes just don't come across as being humorous to a nation who has sacrificed so much and take the subject seriously. This guy has no business even holding the award, much less making jokes about the honor.

Father, veteran hammer Trump over Purple Heart | Politics - Home

Old 08-03-2016, 08:33 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,948,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Purple Heart jokes just don't come across as being humorous to a nation who has sacrificed so much and take the subject seriously. This guy has no business even holding the award, much less making jokes about the honor.

What Purple Heart joke?

Old 08-03-2016, 08:37 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,480,147 times
Purple Heart......I've always wanted one.

I sure hope he was joking, because if he wasn't, he's really clueless.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
The press is always invited to Trump events. I love how he calls them out on their clear bias for Hillary too.

As for the Correspondents Dinner - man that would be a FUN event. Look at his family - they're beautiful, smart and funny!

On the other hand you got Robo-Hillary, good old Billy Boy and Chelsea. Snooze fest
Years ago, there was this big article, that Chelsea and Trump's Daughter were good friends....
and I believe they still are...?

Stood to reason, they were both daughters of very wealthy people...

but after what Bill has done, ya just gotta wonder what effect this has had on his daughter.
I'm sure Hillary was no prize, however, doesn't justify what Bill did...

the point I'm trying to make, is, that all the people backing her...they don't give a darn about him and what he did, but they continually make Trump out to be some very evil person...go figure...huh?
Not to mention, how corrupt we've all become? really really sad....back in the early 90's Hillary would have been in prison for what she did...

You see the movement BLM made...and do you know why? B/c people stuck together....and that is the only reason they are so popular...my point is, even though they stand for corrupt behavior, they have become so big, that the Dems encourage them and support them....

So my point is this, if people would do what is right and start sticking together and put down bad behavior, maybe things would change...

Old 08-03-2016, 08:47 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,243,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
LOL - humor is subjective. You should interview the mother and see if she's not supporting now...
Trump supporters are not the brightest bulbs in the room, so she's probably still supporting Trump.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post

Apparently you didn't read this and/or know nothing about it?

https://www.rt.com/usa/354422-khan-d...website-trump/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections