Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 01:03 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,718,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
This is one of many moves by Don that just prove he is in WAY over his head.
A national campaign needs a lot of volunteers and party workers for the ground game and GOTV.
To run a successful ground game in all 50 states requires the co operation of the party leaders.
He has seriously pissed off the GOP leaders in Ohio, Florida, Arizona and now Wisconsin and NH.
Ohio & Florida are incredibly important swing states, and Don is the only GOPer that could possibly lose Arizona.

I think this is further proof that Don does not want to be President.
Which is a good thing because he would be an absolute disaster for the USA.
Thing is, is that a lit of Republicans are sick of the old guard, GOP good old boy network, and could care less what they think.

Old 08-03-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Good. Eff Paul Ryan. You don't want to support the Republican candidate then expect payback.
Exactly. I don't care for Ryan and haven't for some time. I'm bored to death of political family dynasties, like the Bush's and Clinton's. I'm also bored to tears by Romney and McCain. Trying to get Trump out and put in a snoozefest like any of the above would guarantee Republicans stayed home. Democrats would love for one of them to run, because they know for sure Hilary would win.

Old 08-03-2016, 01:16 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,606,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Exactly. I don't care for Ryan and haven't for some time. I'm bored to death of political family dynasties, like the Bush's and Clinton's. I'm also bored to tears by Romney and McCain. Trying to get Trump out and put in a snoozefest like any of the above would guarantee Republicans stayed home. Democrats would love for one of them to run, because they know for sure Hilary would win.

SO what your saying is " I want an entertainer to be my president, I just don't want to be bored. "

Old 08-03-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
They were foolish for doing that though Ryan may have no choice as he is focused on keeping his house together.

I imagine we will hear from Ryan once he wins his primary next week and is free to speak.

Republicans are jumping off their Titanic in droves.

Donald Trump is neither a leader nor focused. He has allowed himself to be distracted by a Muslim family and their dead son; by lies about the NFL which make him look foolish; and lies about Putin which make him look even more foolish.

He is a congenital liar about things that aren't worth lying about. Like the NFL letter.

I would like to see Trump get anything done with Paul Ryan as the Speaker of the House. He continues to shoot himself in the foot.

Priebus has pretended to be fair and you'd have to be a complete moron not to know that he would probably sell his mother IF he could have gotten Trump off their ticket.
All of the moldy oldies would hate if Trump won. It would put a stick in their spokes, so to speak. Ryan would have had a problem working with any of the top Republican contenders, save Bush, Kasich and Cruz (obvious to me recently). Ryan, in my opinion, shoots himself in the foot too. Probably not as much as Boehner, but he's just about as bad.

Old 08-03-2016, 01:23 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,299,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Mike Pence just endorsed Paul Ryan.
My guess is Mike had no idea how mentally unstable Don is when he accepted the VP slot.
There's no way he didn't know that Trump is insane. Maybe he didn't know the full depths of Trumpsanity, but he knew something was off...

I don't feel sorry for Pence.

Old 08-03-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
It doesn't matter, your views are in a minority, the democrats will be in power for the vast majority of your life, please get over it.
Pretty smug view there. The pendulum swings when people get tired of the same thing over and over.

Old 08-03-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
With how swiftly Republicans are fleeing the sinking Trumptanic, Ryan is probably ecstatic that Trump won't endorse him. Republicans realize how toxic he is. None of them will campaign with him. Why would they want his endorsement?

The best thing Trump can do for any of them to help them win their races is to refuse to endorse them.
People always jump ship, on both sides of the ticket. Nothing new, but every 4 years, regular laymen bleat about it like it's some new breaking event.

Old 08-03-2016, 01:29 PM

45,660 posts, read 27,291,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
SO what your saying is " I want an entertainer to be my president, I just don't want to be bored. "
No...

Obviously the people in the GOP are out of touch with the people they support in that Trump received a record number of primary votes.

Many are tired of the RINOs... then bowing down to the press... very little fight or backbone for conservative principles - not that Trump is conservative, but at least he supposedly stands up for what he believes in and will fight for it and doesn't care who he offends.

People on the right are tired of being walked on and are hungry for anyone to put in the face of the left.

The problem is what are they really getting with Trump? Nobody knows...

Old 08-03-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
A Businessman, an Entertainer (Reagan was one), a construction worker, a Doctor, a teacher....Anyone who isn't a fixture on the scene, no one in a Dynastic family (Kennedy's, Bush's, Clinton's, etc..). Obama was a Junior Senator and Community organizer, so he was a different type of candidate for the Dems. Please don't tell me you think Clinton is a vibrant, exciting candidate. Bernie was popular for pretty much the same reason. He's older, yes, but at least he had good energy and people were tired of Hilary. So, yes, in a way, I don't want to be bored by someone. I don't want to vote for someone who doesn't catch my attention, who has made Washington politics their life, who doesn't challenge the Dems. It's nice to be able to cooperate to an extent, but please, no more doormats.

Old 08-03-2016, 01:57 PM

13,703 posts, read 9,034,620 times
I see that Mr. Pence has come out and endorsed Mr. Ryan. Mr. Pence says that he got prior approval from Mr. Trump, and that Mr. Trump was enthusiastic about his doing so.

Is it time to start drinking yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections