Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 03:00 PM

11,986 posts, read 5,327,940 times

Advertisements

No, Donald Trump would never hold a grudge, would he?

Quote:
Donald Trump is refusing to back House Speaker Paul Ryan in his upcoming primary election, saying that he is “not quite there yet” in endorsing his party’s top-ranking elected official, the Washington Post reports.

In fact, Trump praised Ryan’s underdog opponent, Paul Nehlen, for running “a very good campaign.”

Said Trump: “I like Paul, but these are horrible times for our country. We need very strong leadership. We need very, very strong leadership. And I’m just not quite there yet. I’m not quite there yet.”
Quote:
On Monday, McCain, a Vietnam war hero, issued a lengthy statement denouncing Trump for his comments about the Khan family. Asked about McCain’s rebuke, Trump said" I haven’t endorsed John McCain.

“I’ve never been there with John McCain because I’ve always felt that he should have done a much better job for the vets,” Trump continued. “He has not done a good job for the vets and I’ve always felt that he should have done a much better job for the vets. So I’ve always had a difficult time with John for that reason, because our vets are not being treated properly. They’re not being treated fairly.”
Quote:
"New Hampshire is one of my favorite places,” Trump said. “You have a Kelly Ayotte who doesn’t want to talk about Trump, but I’m beating her in the polls by a lot. You tell me. Are these people that should be representing us, okay? You tell me.”

Trump continued, “I don’t know Kelly Ayotte. I know she’s given me no support — zero support — and yet I’m leading her in the polls. I’m doing very well in New Hampshire. We need loyal people in this country. We need fighters in this country. We don’t need weak people. We have enough of them. We need fighters in this country. But Kelly Ayotte has given me zero support, and I’m doing great in New Hampshire.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...856_story.html

Old 08-02-2016, 03:41 PM

7,846 posts, read 4,598,792 times
Beautiful.

Old 08-02-2016, 04:04 PM

754 posts, read 488,783 times
He's going to lose in a landslide anyway and the whole country will be laughing at him.

Oh and I thought only attacks when he gets attacked, yet Kelly Ayotte has so far ignored him?

Old 08-02-2016, 04:08 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,366,251 times
Good. Eff Paul Ryan. You don't want to support the Republican candidate then expect payback.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:28 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,690,657 times
This is one of many moves by Don that just prove he is in WAY over his head.
A national campaign needs a lot of volunteers and party workers for the ground game and GOTV.
To run a successful ground game in all 50 states requires the co operation of the party leaders.
He has seriously pissed off the GOP leaders in Ohio, Florida, Arizona and now Wisconsin and NH.
Ohio & Florida are incredibly important swing states, and Don is the only GOPer that could possibly lose Arizona.

I think this is further proof that Don does not want to be President.
Which is a good thing because he would be an absolute disaster for the USA.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:25 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,232,236 times
Trump will lose by a significant margin in the election IMO with all of his unforced errors and hateful comments towards the disabled, Mexican Americans and women. His disloyalty toward fellow Republican candidates, refusal to release tax returns, damaging comments about NATO relationships, his wild imagination that he has more knowledge about ISIS than our military leaders (lol), and blatant disrespect toward Gold Star parents (the Khans) also hurt him significantly.

Then he will probably be taken to the cleaners in the Trump University civil lawsuits. Agree he is in way over his head. Americans can easily find a better, more competent, less divisive leader than Trump. Easily. Both Hillary Clinton and Gary Johnson are better choices.

Last edited by chessgeek; 08-02-2016 at 10:35 PM..

Old 08-03-2016, 03:59 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,719,096 times
hmmm.. I thought that 'beating' someone in the polls was in reference to one's own political race. How can trump 'beat' Ayotte in the polls? Or, does he think he is running in every race? And, now, because he found a poll where he is leading, they are suddenly yuuug again.

So, he is attacking Ryan and McCain for not rescinding their endorsements. okayyy... and attacking Ayotte for not talking about him at all. Those 'silent attacks' on trump must be pretty deadly, since he only strikes back when attacked - is it like the old saying 'silent but deadly' referring to breaking wind'?

How much of an eejit is trump? Apparently, a yuuuge one.

Old 08-03-2016, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Good. Eff Paul Ryan. You don't want to support the Republican candidate then expect payback.
But he said he didn't care if he had any Republican endorsements, he told them to be quiet and that he will do fine on his own, remember?

They've been quiet and now he's criticising them for not openly supporting him?

Old 08-03-2016, 04:26 AM

79,909 posts, read 44,397,177 times
This is when I can almost support Trump. Win or lose we needed Trump to do things just like this.

If Trump loses and takes Ryan and McCain with him, it will be a win.

Old 08-03-2016, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If Trump loses and takes Ryan and McCain with him, it will be a win.
And hand the democrats unfetted power for generations.

Please don't think a GOP party going further right will ever ever get in, because they wont.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections