Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 04:37 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Why am I not surprised? This is what they have always done.

Not so fast on Hillary’s bump! Pat Caddell says Reuters flat-out ‘cooked’ poll as part of media ‘jihad’ against Trump | BizPac Review
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 06:12 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
I have been encouraging people not to get too excited about these polls. If they would look at the methodology in the first place, they would see the reality. Dissecting the polls, I still see nothing more than head-to-head.

Between the "number" play and the "word" play, I can see clearly what the media does. This is the first campaign season I have worked to "dissent" what is being said and now, I think they are more careless than ever although many don't appear to read past the headline.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:19 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times

The media, Wall Street, globalists, trial lawyer's association, the Chinese, Muslims, illegal aliens, and billionaires are all for Hillary.

Isn't it funny that all of the forces who oppose individual liberty and the middle class are all for Hillary?

Old 08-04-2016, 06:28 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The media, Wall Street, globalists, trial lawyer's association, the Chinese, Muslims, illegal aliens, and billionaires are all for Hillary.

Isn't it funny that all of the forces who oppose individual liberty and the middle class are all for Hillary?
All? Forgetting that darling of the right and Donny's bromantic interest, good ol' Vlad ?

We know you'll conveniently overlook the large amount of Donny's business dealings with all those great human rights advocates like the Saudis, eh?

Old 08-04-2016, 06:30 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times
Perhaps it's not the polls...perhaps it's the media as a whole? Think about it - the media wants viewers, readers and listeners. How do you get them? Drum up controversy and make people think the race is going one way. Supporters will tune in to cheer on their candidate for surging ahead and detractors will tune in looking for better news. Once folks get a little tired of that, drum up another controversy and allow things to swing back the other way.

I think it's in the media's best interest to keep the race yoyoing back and forth. A presidential election cycle is their Christmas. They should be hitting their highest ratings in 4 years. You can't do that with a race favoring one or the other too much. For example, a candidate leading 10-15% for 4 months would be rather boring and people might not follow it closely. I don't think the average American has the attention span to follow a race without controversy/excitement. Believe it or not I'm already seeing some softening on Trump coverage...hmm, a comeback story sounds like ratings in a week or two.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:35 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Trump followers are in various stages of anger, blame and denial.

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Perhaps it's not the polls...perhaps it's the media as a whole? Think about it - the media wants viewers, readers and listeners. How do you get them? Drum up controversy and make people think the race is going one way. Supporters will tune in to cheer on their candidate for surging ahead and detractors will tune in looking for better news. Once folks get a little tired of that, drum up another controversy and allow things to swing back the other way.

I think it's in the media's best interest to keep the race yoyoing back and forth. A presidential election cycle is their Christmas. They should be hitting their highest ratings in 4 years. You can't do that with a race favoring one or the other too much. For example, a candidate leading 10-15% for 4 months would be rather boring and people might not follow it closely. I don't think the average American has the attention span to follow a race without controversy/excitement. Believe it or not I'm already seeing some softening on Trump coverage...hmm, a comeback story sounds like ratings in a week or two.
Each time we enter one of these "dead zones" for news, the media attempts to stir up non-issues in order to get "hits". Without "hits", advertisers don't like to finance them.

There hasn't been one creditable issue since Comey/Clinton report being read and then questioned by Congress. I suspect media will be on life support until either a good hit by WikiLeaks of the debates.

Getting all excited about a poll just shows how little people understand the process of polling and the media.

5,051 posts, read 3,581,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Come on, get off the Illuminati train, everyone in America supports free speech and freedom of the press. We have the freest press in the world.

We just have never had such a thin-skinned candidate run for the office of the President. This guy really HATEs when people (even those supporting him) say negative things about him and he responds with verbal guns blazing.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:37 AM

497 posts, read 428,362 times
That bastion of liberal media - Fox News - just released a new poll that has Clinton up by 10!!! They must have cooked the polls to support their favorite candidate.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:38 AM

455 posts, read 283,556 times
i remember fox news saying the same thing in 2012. the polls are wrong yadda yadda yadda.

lets be honest, if the same poll had trump up 10 the op would be jumping up and down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections