Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 08:29 AM

184 posts, read 133,120 times

Advertisements

He's a great person, fighter and I love his passion. I like how he has handled the media onslaught. Good for him, he has a wonderful family! I will be looking to vote for this fellow for president of US!

Old 08-04-2016, 08:31 AM

12,547 posts, read 10,010,799 times
You sir are an American patriot.

Don't let the wrath of the haters posting below get you down.

Old 08-04-2016, 08:38 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,349,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeasher View Post
He's a great person, fighter and I love his passion. I like how he has handled the media onslaught. Good for him, he has a wonderful family! I will be looking to vote for this fellow for president of US!
Being a passionate fighter who, by your standards, you claim is a 'great person' with a wonderful family (kids raised by nannies and x-wives) does not qualify a person to hold the office of the presidency. He does not have the temperament, world knowledge or the capacity to learn that it takes to be a president.

Old 08-04-2016, 08:38 AM

13,734 posts, read 9,076,875 times
Quote:
Well, you are an oddity. You had previously expressed your admiration for Senator Elizabeth Warren, and now you support Donald John Trump.

Anyway, it is good to vote as per your conscious.

I recall when Ronald Reagan was running for re-election in 1984. He gave some televised speech in which he concluded by asking all Americans to vote in the upcoming election. He said something like "Of course, I hope you vote Republican, but even if not, get out and have your vote count". It was a good statement which I much admired.

Of course, a cynic would say that the polls showed that Mr. Reagan would easily win the election, and so he could afford to sound magnanimous. That may or may not be true. Regardless, he remains virtually the only presidential politician I can think of that said such a thing.

Old 08-04-2016, 08:42 AM

184 posts, read 133,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Being a passionate fighter who, by your standards, you claim is a 'great person' with a wonderful family (kids raised by nannies and x-wives) does not qualify a person to hold the office of the presidency. He does not have the temperament, world knowledge or the capacity to learn that it takes to be a president.
Don't forget he's run multi billion world wide corporations. This doesn't just happen by chance. And regarding the whole default stuff you read about, imagine that he withstood so many challenges (so many times) to rebound. He also had to be very clever and understand a complex system, make it work for his advantage. He will make this country great again

Old 08-04-2016, 09:13 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,349,589 times
Quote:
Don't forget he's run multi billion world wide corporations. This doesn't just happen by chance. And regarding the whole default stuff you read about, imagine that he withstood so many challenges (so many times) to rebound. He also had to be very clever and understand a complex system, make it work for his advantage. He will make this country great again

Running a corporation where you are basically a dictator does not build the kind of skills it takes to work WITH senators and representatives and be the standard bearer for the entire nation. We elect presidents, not dictators.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:20 AM

68,404 posts, read 54,685,277 times
Quote:

The same could be said for Bernie Madoff. Would you vote for him as POTUS?

Old 08-04-2016, 09:23 AM

11,246 posts, read 8,373,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Well, you are an oddity. You had previously expressed your admiration for Senator Elizabeth Warren, and now you support Donald John Trump.

Anyway, it is good to vote as per your conscious.

I recall when Ronald Reagan was running for re-election in 1984. He gave some televised speech in which he concluded by asking all Americans to vote in the upcoming election. He said something like "Of course, I hope you vote Republican, but even if not, get out and have your vote count". It was a good statement which I much admired.

Of course, a cynic would say that the polls showed that Mr. Reagan would easily win the election, and so he could afford to sound magnanimous. That may or may not be true. Regardless, he remains virtually the only presidential politician I can think of that said such a thing.
Ted Cruz recently said it (although his candidacy was over by then).

Bahahahahahaaha

Old 08-04-2016, 09:27 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,758,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The same could be said for Bernie Madoff. Would you vote for him as POTUS?
Bernie Madoff, Cankles Clinton. Birds of a feather.

Trump doesn't even come close to comparison of the corruption, scheming and lies of those two.

Yet, you would vote for Cankles?

CN

Old 08-04-2016, 09:47 AM

68,404 posts, read 54,685,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Bernie Madoff, Cankles Clinton. Birds of a feather.

Trump doesn't even come close to comparison of the corruption, scheming and lies of those two.
Not too familiar with Donny's business history, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Yet, you would vote for Cankles?

CN
Nah, either 3rd party or a 'None of the Above' write-in, the only reason I'll go and vote is there are some state/local issues my vote might actually mean something in.

BTW, I'm not jumping on any bandwagon, I've thought Trump was a jackass since long before I'd even heard of any Clinton from Arkansas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections