Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 08:40 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,589,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^Once again, how can anyone say with any certainty that "The number of Mexican immigrants in the U.S. has declined".? Are you talking about legal Mexican immigrants who have voluntarily returned to Mexico? Or, as I suspect, are you lumping in illegal aliens with legal immigrants?

No one knows just how many illegals are in this country. Why do you have such trouble understanding this? There is no way that an accurate count can ever be done. Period.
"It's no coincidence that recent history shows the only successful way to reduce illegal immigration is to have a recession. Over the past 10 years, both illegal entries and the number of undocumented immigrants in the country have declined. That's not because the government did anything right." Build a better immigration system, not a wall (Opinion) - CNN.com

Old 08-29-2016, 08:43 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
^^^^Once again, how can anyone say with any certainty that "The number of Mexican immigrants in the U.S. has declined".? Are you talking about legal Mexican immigrants who have voluntarily returned to Mexico? Or, as I suspect, are you lumping in illegal aliens with legal immigrants?

No one knows just how many illegals are in this country. Why do you have such trouble understanding this? There is no way that an accurate count can ever be done. Period.

What does it matter anyway just as long as there are still millions of them here? That's like saying "well at least I got rid of my cold but I still have cancer".

Old 08-29-2016, 09:01 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,897,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Nope! Per people in the room he is leaning towards legalization. Which makes sense because Kelly Anne Conway believes its the best option . Prepare for the wall to come crumbling down.
So I'm guessing you're an illegal alien fan?

Tho even IF Hillary does win POTUS which I doubt; there's NO iron clad agreement that she will give illegal aliens amnesty. Looking at Obama's record; if I was an illegal, I'd be fixin' go get OUT of the US and soon. Obama basically gave their kind the shaft.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:25 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,966,446 times
We know how this story ends.

Regardless of who gets elected there will be no changes in deportation or immigration and there will be no amnesty in the next 8 years unless one of these candidates becomes a 1 term president.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:35 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,897,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
We know how this story ends.

Regardless of who gets elected there will be no changes in deportation or immigration and there will be no amnesty in the next 8 years unless one of these candidates becomes a 1 term president.
Better NO amnesty. Period.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:41 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,966,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Better NO amnesty. Period.
Again, don't get excited and read my post again.

I said there will be no amnesty whether Clinton or Trump wins.
:
Trump's old deportation plan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpA4ldGoHRQ

Old 08-30-2016, 03:47 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,589,592 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What does it matter anyway just as long as there are still millions of them here? That's like saying "well at least I got rid of my cold but I still have cancer".
Let's take a look at the cancer and see how if it is spreading, globally, through information that I have found concerning immigration and emigration.

https://medium.com/migration-issues/...49d#.t6rja0eyg

Quote:
Nobody “officially” tracks how many Americans emigrate each year. We know how many people immigrate to the US, to within a reasonable margin. But we barely have a clue how many leave.

Using data from the World Bank and UN Population Division, I’ve put together a global table of the American diaspora. However, this is a low estimate of the diaspora. It represents those born in the US, living abroad. American citizens not born in the US and living abroad won’t show up. Many “Americans” in my data may have been born in the US, but haven’t lived there for decades, and may not even be citizens or consider themselves “American.” Furthermore, my sources exclude employees of the United States government, tourists (even fairly long-term ones), temporary workers, and obviously any illegal emigrants from the United States. In other words, my data represents a lowest estimate of Americans abroad.

<use graph found in article at link>

there are far, far more immigrants into the US than emigrants from the US. The numbers are pretty amazing: in 2013, there were 41 million foreign-born individuals residing in the United States, compared to 2.8 million US-born individuals residing abroad. However, from 2010 to 2013, the foreign-born population essentially flatlined, while the US diaspora grew by 200,000.

While the UN and Census Bureau estimates are slightly higher than mine in some years, they show the same pattern: very high migration in the 1990s, falling since. However, my estimates reflect a particularly interesting trend: much of the US’ falling net migration since 2010 is due to rising emigration by the US-born rather than falling immigration by the foreign-born.

Mexico is the main destination for recent emigrants, with a net gain of 85,000 US-born individuals.

Where are Immigrants Coming From?

We all know that Mexico is the main source of immigrants to the United States; that’s old hat. The American Community Survey places the Mexican-born population in the US at 11.6 million people of 41 million foreign-born individuals in total. But hold on: that means that 3 out of 4 foreign-born individuals in the US are not Mexican.

The foreign-born population includes 1.9 million Indians, 1.8 million Filipinos, 1.7 million Chinese, 1.2 million Vietnamese, and 1 million South Koreans: South and East Asia together account for about 11 million immigrants. Europe supplies another 5 million or so, Africa 1.7 million. Central and South America and the Caribbean round things out with another 10 million.

Mexican emigration isn’t that extreme compared to the rest of the region.
Economically speaking your cancer will never be in remission. Further more, the attempts at treating your cancer by way of recessions will also remove viable candidate cells. However, the government may compensate itself upon the illness, by including (several monetary measures) a 15% exit tax on all viable cells, so as to, encourage those cells to stay intact.

#####

See here's the deal with me. When the government or any one of its mouth pieces talks of construction of a wall. The first question that comes to my mind, 'are they trying to keep people out, or, are they trying to keep people in?'

And I find this highly fascinating that : the Census Bureau reported to Congress in 2001: "No accurate estimate exists of the total number of Americans living abroad or of the other components of this population. At this time, we cannot estimate accurately the size of the universe of the overseas population."

Since 1970 it seems to me the POTUS administrations have done 'amnesty' for those who have overstayed their welcome. So the inquisitive me, needed to understand why? And I know why? And I get it. Trying to keep the economics at a balance I understand it. However, if we didn't have such a huge Government, legislatively opening up subdivisions, increasing its appendages, we would have that balance.

Oldglory, grab a kleenex, because you still have that cold. When Trump is the elected POTUS, he too, will offer up an 'amnesty' program. There is no other feasible option in a global citizenry world. People are not only coming into the U.S. but they are leaving it, as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections