Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 08:34 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times

Advertisements

Johnson's wide open borders stance flies in the face of fiscal responsibility. A fiscal conservative realizes how tightening up the supply of super low cost labor will open up more jobs for US Citizens now out of work. Put these people to work and it cuts spending on some social issues, freeing up more money for other social issues and to cut the deficit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2016, 08:50 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Johnson's wide open borders stance flies in the face of fiscal responsibility. A fiscal conservative realizes how tightening up the supply of super low cost labor will open up more jobs for US Citizens now out of work. Put these people to work and it cuts spending on some social issues, freeing up more money for other social issues and to cut the deficit.
People with cushy (in comparison to hard labor in agriculture) jobs at McDonalds don't even want to work for $10/hr, you really think that if we get rid of illegal immigrants that people are magically going to start wanting to do hard physical labor for even less money than that?

Old 08-25-2016, 08:52 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
People with cushy (in comparison to hard labor in agriculture) jobs at McDonalds don't even want to work for $10/hr, you really think that if we get rid of illegal immigrants that people are magically going to start wanting to do hard physical labor for even less money than that?
Nope, they'd rather go hunt down mythical Pokémon monsters for free.

Old 08-25-2016, 08:55 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I didn't get to see him.

So give us a clue what the turn off is.
If nothing else: total open borders!!!

GotherequickasIcould:

you talk about rising ins prior to Obama Care: you can't be serious? Have you paid attention to what has happened since then; premiums have shot up and deductible shot up as well.

Last edited by nmnita; 08-25-2016 at 09:04 AM..

Old 08-25-2016, 08:56 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Get rid of the illegals and the companies will have to start paying higher wages to get people to work for them. Sure, it might cause prices to rise, but it's still a better reason than to just raise the minimum wage. Raising the min wage at this point will result in much more money being shipped back "home" to Latin America, and won't helper economy improve near as much.

Old 08-25-2016, 08:59 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
Do you want a candidate bribed by corporations, or other special interest groups? Or would you prefer a candidate that cares about the 100% equally, that considers you as important as anyone?

Gary will talk about dozens of issues, Libertarians don't keep secrets from voters.

Dem's & Rep's only control by getting big bribes from special interests, it doesn't mean they are offering most what they want.

I don't know about "the five" if that is website or TV station. How many issues did they discuss? Libertarians have clear positions on at least 3 dozen issues. Best wishes.
I am a bit surprised that someone who follows politics would not know what "the five" It is one of the top watched political shows on TV. In fact is number one in it's time zone.

Old 08-25-2016, 09:46 AM

25,555 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307
I didn't get to see him.

So give us a clue what the turn off is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If nothing else: total open borders!!!...............
Thanks for a direct reply!

I can understand your concern. But if I understand his position it is not totally open. He wants ID cards issued to everyone and crossing without an ID card would be impossible (or illegal) and work would be very hard to find. If I do not have it right, lemmee know.

I have come to believe that the vetted, documented guest worker is a great improvement over the unknown, illegal but tolerated alien system that we have now. My feeling is, that 90% (I just made that number up) of illegals are here looking for work. Providing non-citizens with a legal method of entry and an ID card would be an improvement over the current system, and cheaper than The Wall.
A system where an individual is granted Guest Worker (over 18, only) status would be a better system since Guest Workers would pay into our tax system.

Those who trek across the desert really would be up to no good. Right now, the bad guys just mix in with the good. And who can tell the difference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections