Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 04:41 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times

Advertisements

Is the left really taking the voters for stupid!

Do the really think that media biased and non sense is believed by everyone!

Constantly I hear that women will not vote for Trump, blacks will not vote for Trump.

How wrong is the Clinton News Network and how insulting is the Clinton campaign for making these remarks.

The people are noticing that Clinton is too scared to answer questions at a press conference and at a rally. The biased surrogates for Hilliary are not helping her either.

Not sure who believes or will be fooled by the polls as Trump voters know that voting is all that counts.

Old 08-28-2016, 04:53 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
Voting for Hillary is a vote for much of the same. A vote for the Donald is a vote for the TYRANNY of an thoughtless egomaniac. I support Hillary.

Old 08-28-2016, 05:32 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Constantly I hear that women will not vote for Trump, blacks will not vote for Trump.

How wrong is the Clinton News Network and how insulting is the Clinton campaign for making these remarks.

The people are noticing that Clinton is too scared to answer questions at a press conference and at a rally. The biased surrogates for Hilliary are not helping her either.

Not sure who believes or will be fooled by the polls as Trump voters know that voting is all that counts.
Meanwhile, back in the reality-based universe, almost every substantive policy Mr. Trump has announced would make the rich richer at workers' expense -- while the Obama administration has done much more than most people realize to fight extreme economic inequality. That fight will continue if Hillary Clinton wins the election; it will go into sharp reverse if Mr. Trump wins.

So why should "the left" vote for Clinton over Trump? Clinton's policy objectives closely align with liberal policies that have successfully worked, while Mr. Trump's intended policies -- such as gutting environmental regulations; undoing climate change initiatives; lowing taxes on the rich, etc., are the antithesis of liberal polices.

Last edited by MTAtech; 08-28-2016 at 05:55 AM..

Old 08-28-2016, 05:34 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Voting for Hillary is a vote for much of the same. A vote for the Donald is a vote for the TYRANNY of an thoughtless egomaniac. I support Hillary.
^^^^ Exactly. When Hillary wins, things will be pretty much like now, and that is fine with me. If Trump were to win, it would be like Hell. I do not even want to begin to think what things would be like under this mad man. But that seems like a very remote possibility, so I am not too concerned.

Don

Old 08-28-2016, 05:54 AM

6,824 posts, read 14,039,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
^^^^ Exactly. When Hillary wins, things will be pretty much like now, and that is fine with me. If Trump were to win, it would be like Hell. I do not even want to begin to think what things would be like under this mad man. But that seems like a very remote possibility, so I am not too concerned.

Don

This is exactly how I feel also. The country will survive fine under 4 years of Hillary. Only god knows what 4 years under Trump would be like. He has no core so it is hard to say what he actually believes in. Despite what he says he seems to have little interest in foreign affairs. I am convinced that Trump cares more about holding the title of president and cares little about the work required for the office.

Old 08-28-2016, 05:56 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
This is exactly how I feel also. The country will survive fine under 4 years of Hillary. Only god knows what 4 years under Trump would be like. He has no core so it is hard to say what he actually believes in. Despite what he says he seems to have little interest in foreign affairs. I am convinced that Trump cares more about holding the title of president and cares little about the work required for the office.
As my 16 year old said to me, "if Clinton wins, she'll be the first woman president. If Trump wins, he'll be the last U.S. president."

Old 08-28-2016, 05:57 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,347,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

I don't like her, but if it was just between her and Trump, she wins my vote (while holding my nose).
I'll go third party, unless it looks close.

#AnyoneButTrump

Old 08-28-2016, 06:06 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,449,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Pretty much. I was a Bernie fan but I am still suffering from the whiplash I experienced switching to Hillary. There are zero other options.

OP - 1% of blacks are polling in support of Trump. Both major 3rd party candidates are polling ahead of him. You might be able to find a handful of black Trump supporters, but that's practically nothing.

70% of women have an unfavorable opinion of Trump. That doesn't mean that some won't vote for him, but it's telling.

But don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

Old 08-28-2016, 06:11 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Meanwhile, back in the reality-based universe, almost every substantive policy Mr. Trump has announced would make the rich richer at workers' expense --
The post above yours states that Hillary is a vote for "more of the same".

Wealth gap in America widens to record level, report says - LA Times

Wealth inequality in the U.S. is 10 times worse than income inequality

Quote:
while the Obama administration has done much more than most people realize to fight extreme economic inequality. That fight will continue if Hillary Clinton wins the election; it will go into sharp reverse if Mr. Trump wins.
My links above show what Obama has done. He did it because people like yourself refuse to condemn it.

Quote:
So why should "the left" vote for Clinton over Trump? Clinton's policy objectives closely align with liberal policies that have successfully worked, while Mr. Trump's intended policies -- such as gutting environmental regulations; undoing climate change initiatives; lowing taxes on the rich, etc., are the antithesis of liberal polices.
You have an odd definition of "worked". If you truly believed what you are saying the "left" would have elected Sanders and failing at that would be supporting Stein.

Hedge Fund Money Has Vastly Favored Clinton Over Trump - WSJ

Financial Sector Gives Hillary Clinton a Boost - WSJ

Old 08-28-2016, 06:15 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
As my 16 year old said to me, "if Clinton wins, she'll be the first woman president. If Trump wins, he'll be the last U.S. president."

Oh, that is chilling, but you have a very smart kid there. It could be very prophetic what your child said. That is what scares me to death. This guy could really set things in motion that would be very bad for America and the world. He has shown that he has that ability, just look at his supporter base.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.