Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 11:48 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times

Advertisements

Pena Nieto is not antagonistic like Fox.

He's open to ideas that can take away the stranglehold
organized crime. Especially ideas that won't put his life in jeopardy.

Calderon tried to crack down on the drug lords, Pena doesn't interfere,
he lets them operate without arrest. It's not because he supports them
it's just because he fears them, and rightfully so.

This is a fantastic, brave and erudite move by Trump, and the fact that
Pena is meeting with him expresses an open mind on Mexico's part.

This is what we need in new leadership. Trump is a leader.

Old 08-31-2016, 11:49 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
All kidding aside, after all the posts criticizing Trump for speaking in predominately white areas regarding racial issues, the man is going to Mexico to meet with the Mexican President in Mexico ... that is about has gutsy a move he could make. Gotta give him props for that.
How is visiting a president in a foreign country considered gutsy?

Old 08-31-2016, 11:51 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
All kidding aside, after all the posts criticizing Trump for speaking in predominately white areas regarding racial issues, the man is going to Mexico to meet with the Mexican President in Mexico ... that is about has gutsy a move he could make. Gotta give him props for that.
It's either "gusty" or stupid. It all depends how it plays out, but I don't see any upside to the Mexican President that doesn't involve humiliating Trump and making him look weak. Maybe I'm missing something, but that's the way it looks to me.

Ken

Old 08-31-2016, 11:52 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
I am sure if Trump saved a newborn from drowning you would be the kind of person who would be unhappy if he happened to scratch the baby in the act of saving.. its not worth it.
I'm sure you have a very vivid imagination and are completely clueless what how I'd feel if Donny saved a newborn from drowning but those are your problems, not mine.

I'll note you apparently have no answer for just WHAT is so 'gutsy' about flying to meet the leader of a sovereign nation along with your Secret Service detail. What's the danger? The Mexican sun ruining his orange skin tone?

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Hi Mexico,

I'm here to visit. How are you criminals, drug dealers and rapists doing this fine day?

Are you ready to build our wall for us?
They are all over here selling their drugs and stealing and raping and some good people too. I saw a few beating up Trump supporters, burning the American flag, and chasing teenagers with a mob mentality.

Make America Meximerica is there creed. Thugs .. too.

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
By the time he returns home he will have the Mexicans eating out of his little hands. They will all love him because he reminds them of a piñata, made of all those bright orange colors. And you know what they do with pinatas. Believe me.
When he sees the pinata effigies of himself that are hanging in the open air shops through the lens of his big ego, he will assume that they are meant to be complimentary.

"The Mexicans love me--they have likenesses of me everywhere."

Old 08-31-2016, 11:53 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
The foreign country is controlled by armies of drug kingpins,
who make billions illegally shipping drugs and humans into America.

I suppose you're not aware of this.

Old 08-31-2016, 11:53 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Maybe the Mexican President was a Trump U. student!

Old 08-31-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
The Mexican president usually comes here to visit for reasons of corruption and dangerous drug cartels that kill anyone that opposes them.

Old 08-31-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I frankly can't fathom a 'reason' for the Mexican President to invite both candidates down for a visit (of which only Donald John Trump has accepted).

It could be that President Nieto wishes to negotiate handling over Mexico to the United States, making it the 51st state. That seems unlikely.

It could be that President Nieto, worried about the fate of the US of A should Trump be elected President, will offer Mr. Trump the presidency of Mexico in exchange. Also unlikely.

President Nieto may use the occasion, while meeting with Trump, to smuggle several tons of cocaine onto the Trump airplane (without Trump's knowledge), with people waiting to off-load it when Trump flies back to Arizona. Hmmm.

Or, President Nieto may desire to build up his image with the voters to castigate Mr. Trump for his statements, and to declare that the only wall Trump will ever see is the walls of his prison. Again, hmmm.

President Nieto probably does not care if Hillary Rodham Clinton comes down. He has probably read all of her emails, and knows fully her thoughts on any Mexican-American matters.
It would have been better if the United States kept all the land. California and Texas are doing better than Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections