Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 03:34 PM

140 posts, read 293,932 times

Advertisements

1. Obama will open US borders to everyone and anyone. Obama is weak and will continue to be weak on the border. His voting record proves it.

2. Michelle Obama, a power hungry mongrel, now says that until her husband’s stunning (media-created) "rise to being god", she’s never before been proud of America.

3. Obama is a "blame America first" liberal. You won't hear that on his "inspirational speeches", but you hear it on his Senatorial debates (links to follow).

4. Per the Boston Herald: I’m nervous because too many Obama-philes sound like Moonies, or Hare Krishnas, or the Hale-Bopp-Is-Coming-To-Get-Me nuts.
These true believers “Obama-ize” everything. They speak Obama-ese. Knit for Obama. Run for Obama. Gamble - Hold ’Em Barack! - for Obama. They make Obama cakes, underwear, jewelry. They send Valentine cards
reading, “I want to Barack your world!”

“He walks into a room and you want to follow him somewhere, anywhere,” says George Clooney.
“I’ll do whatever he says to do,” says actress Halle Berry. “I’ll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear.” --> sounds like Nazism has come back.... with its fanaticism and idolatry of men.

5. NO ONE has any clue what this guy will do to solve all of the America's problems, as he claims to do. Talk is cheap, ain't it?

6. Because the American people have become so brainwashed by the media that they will obey it's every command.

Even the liberal Boston Herald is afraid of Obama's incompetence. Check out their editorial:

When backing Barack feels like joining a cult - BostonHerald.com

Read the article, it is one of the best I have read in a while. Finally a liberal paper is telling some truth!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 03:42 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,251,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets View Post
1. Obama will open US borders to everyone and anyone. Obama is weak and will continue to be weak on the border. His voting record proves it.

2. Michelle Obama, a power hungry mongrel, now says that until her husband’s stunning (media-created) "rise to being god", she’s never before been proud of America.

3. Obama is a "blame America first" liberal. You won't hear that on his "inspirational speeches", but you hear it on his Senatorial debates (links to follow).

4. Per the Boston Herald: I’m nervous because too many Obama-philes sound like Moonies, or Hare Krishnas, or the Hale-Bopp-Is-Coming-To-Get-Me nuts.
These true believers “Obama-ize” everything. They speak Obama-ese. Knit for Obama. Run for Obama. Gamble - Hold ’Em Barack! - for Obama. They make Obama cakes, underwear, jewelry. They send Valentine cards

“He walks into a room and you want to follow him somewhere, anywhere,” says George Clooney.
“I’ll do whatever he says to do,” says actress Halle Berry. “I’ll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear.” --> sounds like Nazism has come back.... with its fanaticism and idolatry of men.

5. NO ONE has any clue what this guy will do to solve all of the America's problems, as he claims to do. Talk is cheap, ain't it?

6. Because the American people have become so brainwashed by the media that they will obey it's every command.

Even the liberal Boston Herald is afraid of Obama's incompetence. Check out their editorial:

Read the article, it is one of the best I have read in a while. Finally a liberal paper is telling some truth!!
1. He has a plan to strengthen borders.
2. Totally untrue...boy, I feel sorry for you (even though you're getting your negative attention fix by getting us to respond.)
3. I've never heard Obama "blame" anyone/thing before...that is negative, he is positive. He promotes taking personal responsibility.
4. Over on the barackobama.com blogs we're all hoping that Ben and Jerry's start making a new limited flavor called "Yes We Pecan"!
5. He has specific plans...read them (and weep
6. Ohhhmmmm....

Old 02-21-2008, 03:44 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,854,195 times
I'm more afraid of Martians invading, man those little green dudes can get quite frisky with their probing!

I would type up a serious response, but you don't deserve one.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:27 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,137,897 times
Quote:

The GOP weakened the borders Follow the money $$$$$$$$$$$$$

...more empty rhetoric....... and a LIE about the pride thing too. Nice.

Uh yes the BS "blame America first" line" - The line stated by people who are the parents that let their kids get away with anything because they don't want to be the "blame their children first" parents. They don't expect better from their children, just as they have no standards for those who govern.

Yet another flaky comment in the style of AM radio.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:36 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,536,709 times
I for one am in the same boat as the OP. This whole fanatical following without substance is a little bit scary.

One positive thing. Him getting in to office is only going to lead to failure leading to hopefully a huge political shakeup in 2012. Meaning the mass public might come to their senses? Here's to hoping but not holding my breath.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:50 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,934 times
Michelle Obama will need to take the hit for what she said, period. People still bring up things Hillary's said (the baking cookies quote, etc.) Mrs. Obama's never been proud till this moment, now that her husband is a media darling. That so many people have turned out to the polls and seem interested in the campaign is not the point. Obama mania has just begun apparently. We should all buckle up.

Quote:

Old 02-21-2008, 04:54 PM

170 posts, read 477,187 times
Word on the forums is that Obama is a pedo....anyone else hear this?

Old 02-21-2008, 05:02 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,113,560 times
Just for the record, The Boston Herald is not a liberal newspaper. In Boston, folks defined as liberal read the Globe.

And I have trouble with your thesis, but you are certainly entitled to it.

Quote:

Old 02-21-2008, 05:48 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,482,823 times
Message to NeoCons: We tried it your way, it was awful, now stand aside and let the rest of us fix things.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:58 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,166,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
One positive thing. Him getting in to office is only going to lead to failure leading to hopefully a huge political shakeup in 2012. Meaning the mass public might come to their senses? Here's to hoping but not holding my breath.
This is my feeling too.

I was reading a newspaper that comes out in Middle East, but is for Americans and American policy. There is much fear that Obama will make huge mistakes in foreign policy because his advisors are not the best and because he's a total novice. While they had mistakes McCain and Clinton had made in the past, the feeling was that either one of those two was preferable to Obama. Obama's stand on terrorism IS naive. I guess we'll have to wait until the general election to hope that the general public figures that one out.

A really interesting exercise in "thought" is to imagine what President Obama would do if we were attacked here in the USA again...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections