Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 11:35 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,137,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
You do know that things that make you feel good can be the wrong thing??

I simply dont trust him. He dont make me feel good or safe, infact he makes ME feel that he would sell us all out in a heartbeat.

Remember the debate? Hillary said the people of the country and he said as he always does himself.
well said--again one of the few looking at this man with their eyes open!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 11:48 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,097,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I think our country needs to be realistic, not optimistic. We were optimistic when George Bush was elected, and we threw realism right out the window.

Right now, this country is in as bad of a financial condition as it has ever been in. Americans don't realize it because they don't like to dig through the nitty gritty financial reports but the news is REALLY gloomy.

washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/22/business/22homes.html
Bloomberg.com: Worldwide

Obama makes you feel good now, but he's like the guy who sweet talks in your ear while you're out on a date and then fails to call you at all the next month.

He can't make good on his promises because the money isn't there.
There is no way he cannot raise taxes, it won't be popular of course but there is no way around it. We have robbed Peter to pay Paul for a long time and the chicken is coming home to roost. If not Obama, whoever ends up in the White House has a mess to try a clean up. I don't want another Clinton, been there done that, and I don't want another Republican.
Sassy

Old 02-22-2008, 11:49 PM

459 posts, read 805,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
well said--again one of the few looking at this man with their eyes open!

I'm glad you agree with someone who thinks George Bush is one of the top 10 presidents of all time. Enjoy your tax cuts for one more year because come January 20th it's all over. This country will be more about whats best for it, and not whats best for a few individuals. The scare tactics and lies will be stopped, and we can finally get back to fixing the economy, healthcare, and our planet.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:35 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,668,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
I'm glad you agree with someone who thinks George Bush is one of the top 10 presidents of all time.

Enjoy your tax cuts for one more year because come January 20th it's all over. This country will be more about whats best for it, and not whats best for a few individuals. The scare tactics and lies will be stopped, and we can finally get back to fixing the economy, healthcare, and our planet.

Just because someone agrees with someone you dont agree with makes them a bad person??

Come on, read the dang post before you make yourself look more like a fool. I didnt say he was top 10 of all time. FACT! He was ranked in a recent poll to be one of the top 10 Presidents of all time.

You libs need to step back an heal your wounds before alwways pointing fingers and carrying over threads from one to another. Get over it people!

Although Bush has made mistake, I CAN GUARANTEE you that $obama$ will be a mistake we may never recoup from.

Stop carrying post around in your heart, people are allowed to have an opinion and if it is the opposite of yours.... tuff!!

FACT! I have personally done extremely well under Bush, to bad you have failed under him. He gave you ample opps to do what I did. If you failed under him it wasnt his fault, it was YOUR fault !

Old 02-23-2008, 01:45 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,668,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
I'm glad you agree with someone who thinks George Bush is one of the top 10 presidents of all time. Enjoy your tax cuts for one more year because come January 20th it's all over. This country will be more about whats best for it, and not whats best for a few individuals. The scare tactics and lies will be stopped, and we can finally get back to fixing the economy, healthcare, and our planet.
Just caught on to this.

Do now are you blaming Bush for the planets problems, what a stupid thought!
Stop being a tree hugger and allow us to drill oil on our own land and allot of problems would be solved. Its the DEMORATS fault we have to pay 3.15 per gallon. This crapheads wont allow us to drill our own freakin oil because they want to save a stupid tree!

Healthcare, its called buy your own, no more freebies. What do you want us to do go back to Hillarys FAILED idea and give only the lazy poor who wont work and want everything handed to them ways? I say NO WAY. Get a better job, learn a trade or get two jobs but buy your own darn healthcare. I dont want to pay for your freebie healthcare!

Economy, its is fault too uhh? No it is not. The hard working people are doing well, infact I see a boom in my town, buildings going up everywhere, huge new houses being built, job signs everywhere. You got to get off the computer and look instead of sitting there whining about how your money is no good. It is because you need to take on more responsbility for yourself and find a way to make more money. Its there, you just got to work alittle.

Scare tactics, ok... lets wait and see, its been proven that he has foiled several attempts to hit us and your goofy liberals dont want him to even listen into phone calls, if you dont have nothing to hide then what or who cares. He can listen to mine anytime as long as he keeps me safe.

Amazing how brainless some people are and blame someone else for their loser ways. I lost my a-- during slick willies dicktator ship but you dont see me whining about it.

$obomba$ will destroy America one person at a time.

Old 02-23-2008, 04:11 AM

267 posts, read 886,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Just caught on to this.

Do now are you blaming Bush for the planets problems, what a stupid thought!
Stop being a tree hugger and allow us to drill oil on our own land and allot of problems would be solved. Its the DEMORATS fault we have to pay 3.15 per gallon. This crapheads wont allow us to drill our own freakin oil because they want to save a stupid tree!

Healthcare, its called buy your own, no more freebies. What do you want us to do go back to Hillarys FAILED idea and give only the lazy poor who wont work and want everything handed to them ways? I say NO WAY. Get a better job, learn a trade or get two jobs but buy your own darn healthcare. I dont want to pay for your freebie healthcare!

Economy, its is fault too uhh? No it is not. The hard working people are doing well, infact I see a boom in my town, buildings going up everywhere, huge new houses being built, job signs everywhere. You got to get off the computer and look instead of sitting there whining about how your money is no good. It is because you need to take on more responsbility for yourself and find a way to make more money. Its there, you just got to work alittle.

Scare tactics, ok... lets wait and see, its been proven that he has foiled several attempts to hit us and your goofy liberals dont want him to even listen into phone calls, if you dont have nothing to hide then what or who cares. He can listen to mine anytime as long as he keeps me safe.

Amazing how brainless some people are and blame someone else for their loser ways. I lost my a-- during slick willies dicktator ship but you dont see me whining about it.

$obomba$ will destroy America one person at a time.
Oh goodness, where to start?

No one is blaming Bush for single-handedly ruining the planet. How silly. We do need someone in power, though, who cares about the fact the planets resources are rapidly depleting. We need someone who knows there is a problem and will spend some time coming up with ways to fix it instead of ignoring it.

Drilling oil in Alaska will put a VERY temporary band-aid on a HUGE problem. You do realize this earth does not have enough oil left to sustain us at our current consumption forever, right? We need to start looking at alternative ways to power our lives. If we ignore this problem, more and more wars will erupt over the dwindling resources.

And health care? Please. Sure, let me just go get another job and buy some health care to take care of this nifty little bump in my arm. OH, wait, I CAN'T! Ah, that's right.... I, like many other Americans, have a pre-existing condition and therefore do not qualify for health insurance. Do you think it's right for people who work their asses off and STILL can't get insurance? Ok, fine, you don't agree with a Universal system, but most conservatives I know do agree that our current system is not working well. It needs to be reformed. There is no reason that hard working people in this country should get turned down for insurance. Premiums are rising with no stop in sight. We need to make health care affordable and available for all of us.

And the economy? You think it's fine? Ok, tell that to the Americans who are losing their homes to foreclosure due to the horrible lending practices. Tell that to the people who are getting laid off everyday due to their jobs being shipped overseas or company cutbacks. Tell that to our own president who acknowledges there is a problem and decides to give us a some money to put back into the economy. We are on the verge of a recession, if you cannot see that, then I feel bad for you. Look past yourself and your town with the new homes and maybe you will see this country is not in a good place right now.

This country has had 8 years of a president who has not done it good. It's time for the pendulum to swing back in the other direction, just like it did after Clinton. That's the wonderful thing about America; when we aren't happy, we vote for a change. If Obama gets elected, then it simply means people aren't happy with conservatives at this point in time.

Old 02-23-2008, 04:27 AM

161 posts, read 418,700 times
i totally dont trust obama. too much is hid that the public doesnt know about, or takes with a grain of salt...
of course tho- many others hide stuff to- but- pleeeze!!
this man should not be president of America.

Old 02-23-2008, 04:37 AM

267 posts, read 886,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesheba View Post
i totally dont trust obama. too much is hid that the public doesnt know about, or takes with a grain of salt...
of course tho- many others hide stuff to- but- pleeeze!!
this man should not be president of America.
How do you know that too much is hid? Do you have proof of this claim? Because I am tired of hearing empty claims from people that have no back up.

And many, if not all, politicians have a few skeletons in their closets. And if people take something with a grain of salt, it usually means its not that big of a deal to most people.

And just to throw it out there, I am not an Obama supporter. He is ok, but not my first choice.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:02 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,097,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberMoon View Post
Oh goodness, where to start?

No one is blaming Bush for single-handedly ruining the planet. How silly. We do need someone in power, though, who cares about the fact the planets resources are rapidly depleting. We need someone who knows there is a problem and will spend some time coming up with ways to fix it instead of ignoring it.

Drilling oil in Alaska will put a VERY temporary band-aid on a HUGE problem. You do realize this earth does not have enough oil left to sustain us at our current consumption forever, right? We need to start looking at alternative ways to power our lives. If we ignore this problem, more and more wars will erupt over the dwindling resources.

And health care? Please. Sure, let me just go get another job and buy some health care to take care of this nifty little bump in my arm. OH, wait, I CAN'T! Ah, that's right.... I, like many other Americans, have a pre-existing condition and therefore do not qualify for health insurance. Do you think it's right for people who work their asses off and STILL can't get insurance? Ok, fine, you don't agree with a Universal system, but most conservatives I know do agree that our current system is not working well. It needs to be reformed. There is no reason that hard working people in this country should get turned down for insurance. Premiums are rising with no stop in sight. We need to make health care affordable and available for all of us.

And the economy? You think it's fine? Ok, tell that to the Americans who are losing their homes to foreclosure due to the horrible lending practices. Tell that to the people who are getting laid off everyday due to their jobs being shipped overseas or company cutbacks. Tell that to our own president who acknowledges there is a problem and decides to give us a some money to put back into the economy. We are on the verge of a recession, if you cannot see that, then I feel bad for you. Look past yourself and your town with the new homes and maybe you will see this country is not in a good place right now.

This country has had 8 years of a president who has not done it good. It's time for the pendulum to swing back in the other direction, just like it did after Clinton. That's the wonderful thing about America; when we aren't happy, we vote for a change. If Obama gets elected, then it simply means people aren't happy with conservatives at this point in time.
It looks like you about covered everything, terrific post.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:25 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,545,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post

It looks like you about covered everything, terrific post.
Terrific post? Read his last sentence. We vote for change? That's a good one. Clinton to Bush was change? Bush to Obama will be change? No, it isn't. We merely vote for more of the same (Im a Paul guy though).

Wasn't it Einstein who said something like the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting change? Looks like we have a bunch of crazies in this country.

Edit: Sorry, 2nd to last sentence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections