Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2008, 07:43 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,757,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
Back to the topic at hand...."I am afraid of Obama because"

And before I answer let me reinterate that I am a registered Democrat who supported the only viable Democratic candidate Gov. Bill Richardson. I do not now support Hillary, McCain or Obama. My views and position will not be represented in this election. I cannot vote for "none of the Above" so I will probably hold my nose and vote for anyone other than Obama. He scares the hell out of me!

Barick Hussain Obama's mantra has been "CHANGE" yet he stumbles when confronted by hard questioning about just what kinds of changes he intends to make and how he will accomplish such change.

His health care reform package sounds exactly like the one John Dean proposed in the last election...which incidently isn't much different from the one Joe Lieberman also proposed during the democratic primary this past year.

Just remember this. there is no free healthy care. Don't let Obama or anyone else fool you. Somebody is going to pay. Obama keeps saying he's going to tax the rich to pay for medical care but remember he doesn't make law as president. Congress does. There are a lot of wealthy democrats and republicans in congress who feel that they are already too heavily taxed. Congress will extend the higher taxes down into the middle classes--that's you and I---and Obama will sign it into law as a compromise with Congress.

THATS NOT CHANGE!

Obama says he will get us out of Iraq quickly. Will the press remain behind to show the slaughter of thousands of innocents as the Iranians and muslim terror groups murder, rape and pillage?

Folks don't let Obama's big toothy grin and good speaking voice fool you. He is going to be worse than Bush if elected!
Doesn't richardson want to get out of Iraq quickly too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 07:52 AM

265 posts, read 665,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry1941 View Post
Maybe the white house will be called the black house, and the first lady will be the first sister. They'll be living on KC fried chicken.

Harry
Oh, I just hate people that trash talk and then, with their prejudices try to slide it off on me.
Yeah, it did occur to me, like any sane human being of no particular colour, that the White House would be radically changed.
No she'll be First Lady and they'll be eating way better then any of us on this forum.
So next time you want to show your bias; own it; don't shake it on me, bro.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:59 AM

2,137 posts, read 3,863,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
This is my feeling too.

I was reading a newspaper that comes out in Middle East, but is for Americans and American policy. There is much fear that Obama will make huge mistakes in foreign policy because his advisors are not the best and because he's a total novice. While they had mistakes McCain and Clinton had made in the past, the feeling was that either one of those two was preferable to Obama. Obama's stand on terrorism IS naive. I guess we'll have to wait until the general election to hope that the general public figures that one out.

A really interesting exercise in "thought" is to imagine what President Obama would do if we were attacked here in the USA again...
Good post. Do you remember, just after 9/11 a certain, vocal part of the population of this country (liberals and the pc crowd) wondered if we should reach out to the disenfranchised in the muslim world because we must have brought this upon ourselves? I do wonder if this wouldn't be Mr. Obama's first thought after an attack. I hope I'm wrong and I know it is just conjecture.

I've always admired McCain, but was behind Romney or Giulianni. But now that it looks like it is McCain, I am happy to vote for him. I think if he gets into office the crazies in N.Korea, Iran, etc. will think twice before pulling any stunts. And for the Al Queda crowd unaffiliated with a govt....they will wonder if their precious Mecca might be x marks the spot if they try anything really grandiose in this country.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Can you post an article from "European Americans United" and expect any kind of respect. Here's the lead story on their site: Building White Communities

Yes. "Building White Communities." Nice resource their for a fair evaluation of Obama's church.

Who are you if you are reading and spreading this stuff?

Here's another link:

TheRealityCheck.Org - Staff Writer for The New Media Alliance (http://www.therealitycheck.org/StaffWriter/erush022007.htm - broken link)

I'll go thru the internet and posts links all day long.
I just grabbed that link as a representative, as I said in my first post.
Don't try to make something there that isn't.
As I said I'm an independent on purpose; I don't owe either party my
blind loyalty.
And I'm not frightened by threats of racism. That card has been way overused by white liberals.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:29 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,807,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting View Post
Here's another link:

TheRealityCheck.Org - Staff Writer for The New Media Alliance (http://www.therealitycheck.org/StaffWriter/erush022007.htm - broken link)

I'll go thru the internet and posts links all day long.
I just grabbed that link as a representative, as I said in my first post.
Don't try to make something there that isn't.
As I said I'm an independent on purpose; I don't owe either party my
blind loyalty.
And I'm not frightened by threats of racism. That card has been way overused by white liberals.
Another wonderful unbiased source whose byline is "In Defense of Reason and Common Sense...In the Name of God and Country"

Some other examples of their unbiased articles:

What’s Wrong With America: the Liberal-Progressive Version (http://www.therealitycheck.org/2007/12/17/whats-wrong-with-america-the-liberal-progressive-version/ - broken link)
The Reality Check » Blog Archive » Manliness a No-No in Literature (http://www.therealitycheck.org/2008/02/25/manliness-a-no-no-in-literature/ - broken link)
Will Obama be our Second Anti-American President? (http://www.therealitycheck.org/2008/02/24/will-obama-be-our-second-anti-american-president/ - broken link)
Obama Selling False Hope and False Dreams (http://www.therealitycheck.org/2008/02/24/obama-selling-false-hope-and-false-dreams/ - broken link)
Unmasking The “Gay†Agenda (http://www.therealitycheck.org/2008/02/13/unmasking-the-gay-agenda/ - broken link)

Please...

Try again.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Another wonderful unbiased source whose byline is "In Defense of Reason and Common Sense...In the Name of God and Country"

Some other examples of their unbiased articles:

What’s Wrong With America: the Liberal-Progressive Version (http://www.therealitycheck.org/2007/12/17/whats-wrong-with-america-the-liberal-progressive-version/ - broken link)
The Reality Check » Blog Archive » Manliness a No-No in Literature (http://www.therealitycheck.org/2008/02/25/manliness-a-no-no-in-literature/ - broken link)
Will Obama be our Second Anti-American President? (http://www.therealitycheck.org/2008/02/24/will-obama-be-our-second-anti-american-president/ - broken link)
Obama Selling False Hope and False Dreams (http://www.therealitycheck.org/2008/02/24/obama-selling-false-hope-and-false-dreams/ - broken link)
Unmasking The “Gay†Agenda (http://www.therealitycheck.org/2008/02/13/unmasking-the-gay-agenda/ - broken link)

Please...

Try again.
You're funny; your brand of bias is alright, of course.
Nice try.
Believe all the lies being dished out; I think your last link says you're a one issue person.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:07 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,807,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting View Post
You're funny; your brand of bias is alright, of course.
Nice try.
Believe all the lies being dished out; I think your last link says you're a one issue person.
I'm not claiming some Independent high ground. I admit my bias, just don't claim you don't have one and post this rightwing mumbojumbo hatred as some sort of independent source. You can find websites that post crap from every direction, but finding some sort of reputable independent source would make help your arguments a little more legit. I don't think such a source exists for you.

Nice jab at gay people, BTW. Keep it classy!

Old 02-26-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
I'm not claiming some Independent high ground. I admit my bias, just don't claim you don't have one and post this rightwing mumbojumbo hatred as some sort of independent source. You can find websites that post crap from every direction, but finding some sort of reputable independent source would make help your arguments a little more legit. I don't think such a source exists for you.

Nice jab at gay people, BTW. Keep it classy!

I never said I didn't have beliefs, LOL, but I am not registered with either party. At one time I voted democratic, but the democratics took a sharp
turn to the left and let me know that they didn't need my kind.
The feeling is mutual; I don't need their kind.
Where's the jab that makes it less than classy?
I simply said that it sounds like you are a one-issue voter (?) Gays
usually have that as their first issue.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:28 AM

8,063 posts, read 10,661,772 times
Yes, I'm sure the rest of the world will be just "quaking in their shoes" if McCain is elected. No, actually they'll be laughing at us the same way they've been laughing at us since we voted in the current ding-dong we've got in office.

At some point, we are going to have to try to employ diplomacy again. We can't go after every country that pisses us off with our "shock and awe". Besides, we may need to borrow money from them some day.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:34 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,205,486 times
Default Obama's Church

Since there seems to be a lot of ignorance on the subjuct of Trinity United, the attached link is an assessment by a famous, white Protestant preacher and theologian about the church, his visits there, the pastor and how his wife was received. He does not endorse Obama.

Or you could listen to folks who speculate, have not been there and have an ax to grind.

The University of Chicago Martin Marty Center
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections