Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which presidential candidate won the debate?
Trump 75 27.57%
Clinton 167 61.40%
it was a tie 30 11.03%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 03:40 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,680,461 times

Advertisements

She prepared to be president by setting up a privet server and a pay for play scheme and would have an even better opportunity if elected. That is what she is experienced at.

Old 09-27-2016, 03:41 PM

111 posts, read 50,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
So far today it's the microphone and that Hillary got the questions before the debate. He's also doubling down on calling that beauty pageant contestant fat. I'm sure Ivanka has wrenched the phone away from those stubby little fingers.
Obviously you haven't heard "why" he had a problem with the beauty pageant contestant. He was right...she proved to be an incompetent disaster and embarrassment to the pageant.

Old 09-27-2016, 03:43 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,560,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorryw View Post
I cannot believe any true American would vote for such a despicable, to say the least, human being for President of the United States...or for anything, for that matter. Hillary has absolutely no experience in the private economy which is absolutely necessary to understand same and know how to approach correction. She also has no idea of how to deal internationally, as she has proven over and over again. Don't any of you Hillary supporters consider her scandal (IMHO, much is criminal) trail that extends back years and years? Why would you want such a person in the White House. Please either remember or do the research if you are too young that her husband, Bill Clinton, would have been as much a disastrous President as Obama if it had not been for the fact that Newt Gingrich and the young republicans were elected as a majority in the House of Representatives in 1996. Their "Contract with America" was executed and then they continued to bring us welfare reform and a surplus with a balanced budget, but only by forcing Clinton to sign their legislation. Why in the world BC gets the credit for correcting the terrible path on which he originally had America blows my mind. He was a disaster...it was the Republicans who brought us back to sanity and put us on the right path. Thank you, Newt Gingrich and the young republicans for being strong enough to force BC to sign the right legislation which put us on that path.

"Preparing" for a debate by simply memorizing what your staff has researched, much of which is untrue, does not prove capability, experience and/or the ability to fill that office. Hillary is just a puppet dancing on the strings that confine her to the will of more powerful and bad-for-America entities.
And Trump's dangerous 'temperament' was on full display last night. Polling indicates that voters are worried about his ability to keep his cool, deal with other countries, etc.

Last night, Trump demonstrated he will be unable to do that.

Old 09-27-2016, 03:45 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,868,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
She's going to win. She sealed the deal last night. Trump's going to lose bigly.

He's going to be unhinged for the next few days. He'll be lashing out at the media, at the microphone. Grasping for excuses. He'll have another day or two of decent polls and he'll be using those like a crutch because that's the only positive news he'll have all week.
He's already claiming he wasn't sniffling, the microphone was sabotaged.

10,190 posts, read 7,964,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Senator of New York 2001-2009
Secretary of State 2009-2013

To Trump supporters, she was in office for more than 30 years.

This only proves that we really do need to make education more available and affordable.

Would you take advantage of if it were more available and affordable?

14,268 posts, read 18,955,432 times
Well, the library just announced it's closing in 15 minutes, so I need to leave this love-in. However, I think it's a waste of time to argue about this. I stated that Trump lied about Ford Motors moving all production to Mexico and then his supporters post links that are either not completely accurate or do not support what he said. Ford has 50% more workers than it did 5 years ago.

Anyway, that's only 1 out of many lies just from last night.

[url]https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2016/09/26/journalists-are-calling-out-trumps-debate-lies/213328[/url]

Old 09-27-2016, 03:46 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,340,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
There is no shortage of people that don't agree with you.

In fact, most are saying Trump won.

Personally, I don't think there was a clear winner, and that the debate was very boring.

Trumps winning, and played it very conservative last night, and even will Hilalry giving it all she had, she still couldn't beat Trump.

Maybe Trump will come out, and do what he does best, and actually go after Hillary.
I'm sure there are those who disagree with me.

I don't think anyone landed a knockout victory but, at least to me, there was a clear winner though it wasn't a game changer per se.

About the line in bold: part of me was thinking that maybe Trump help back on purpose last night to (relatively) outperform in the final (2) debates. You're also right that a lot of Trump's worst baggage (taxes, birther, sexism, racism, etc.) was mentioned last night and the damage wasn't as bad as it could have been. That said, these topics will be used against Trump in future debates (and future ads, etc.). I just think he should know the taxes/birther/sexism issues will arise and have reasonable answers for them. The birther one is easy: I made a mistake and pushed it longer than was necessary but am now convinced President Obama was born here in the US. For taxes, he can respond with Hillary's hiding of emails and speech transcripts or be more direct talking about how he knows the (D) want him to release his taxes just to use them as a trap to talk about how he is not paying his fair share, uses loopholes, is unpatriotic, etc. (basically a repeat of how they trashed Romney). I agree with Trump for not releasing his tax returns (it won't help him) but he needs a good explanation for it -- shouldn't be hard to come up with. For racism/sexism, one of his top employees (at the Eric Trump Foundation) is a black female -- 'nuff said. He can talk about how he has employed countless women and minorities over the years and views people as individuals as opposed to blocks based on race/gender/sexual orientation, etc.

Old 09-27-2016, 03:47 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,868,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
She took the debate seriously and prepared. She was mocked. Smart people think she got the best of him. She's the last one laughing.
Clinton was who she was --the hardest working person in the room, the one who is prepared for the test.

Trump was who he was.

Old 09-27-2016, 03:49 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,295,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorryw View Post
Obviously you haven't heard "why" he had a problem with the beauty pageant contestant. He was right...she proved to be an incompetent disaster and embarrassment to the pageant.
You guys excuse every vile thing he does/says.

Old 09-27-2016, 03:49 PM

1,896 posts, read 813,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I comprehend just fine. What you and millions of others don't seem to understand is that if you vote for the lesser of two evils you are still voting for evil.

FK THAT!

I'm voting my conscience, and so will millions of others as they break from this BS oligarch merry go round.
Stein and Johnson have less than 1% of winning so I am not sure how you can delude yourself that you aren't voting for "evil". If you just want to self-congratulate yourself with pats on the backs and self high-fives... then vote your conscience and watch Clinton or Trump win.

Quote:
Go ahead and be a part of the two herds, them and us, and vote for YOUR candidate who will break every promise and $crew YOU and US for their personal gain. The only path to change is to actually change... anything else is just lip service.

1 in 10 have come to their senses. That's a start, and it will snowball.
And assuming both Clinton, Trump, and their respective vice presidents all pass away before the election.... How on Earth will Stein and Johnson put any of their policies into practice?

You folks don't seem to understand our system of checks and balances which is maybe why third parties can only muster support during times of high populism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections