Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which presidential candidate won the debate?
Trump 75 27.57%
Clinton 167 61.40%
it was a tie 30 11.03%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 05:51 PM

17,349 posts, read 11,309,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Amen to that! It seems extremely important to them to think Hillary won the debate. I guess it will kill them when she loses the election.
The problem with Hillary last night besides looking too rehearsed, scripted and robotic is that everyone, especially the media thought she would mop the floor with Trump and she didn't do that. Trump did quite well overall. Neither of them will have their poll numbers shift much if any at all after last night.

Old 09-27-2016, 05:52 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,296,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I'm not into conspiracy theories. What I stated was my honest observation while watching the debate, not afterward. I saw a very well rehearsed and scripted answer to each and every question given to her. She never gave the questions much thought at all, just answered them as if she were reading a well prepared script as soon as the moderator stopped talking, not even allowing 2-3 seconds inbetween to put her thoughts together.
And? Watch the debate between Obama and Romney. They did the exact same thing as well. That's simply the product of good debate prep is all.

Old 09-27-2016, 05:54 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,296,866 times
Quote:
The problem with Hillary last night besides looking too rehearsed, scripted and robotic is that everyone, especially the media thought she would mop the floor with Trump and she didn't do that. Trump did quite well overall. Neither of them will have their poll numbers shift much if any at all after last night.
Nobody thinks that but his most ardent supporters. Even the GOP admits he got smoked.

Old 09-27-2016, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
And? Watch the debate between Obama and Romney. They did the exact same thing as well. That's simply the product of good debate prep is all.
No, those debates were much more off the cuff and both Romney and Obama had a few bloopers from them. They were not nearly as scripted as Clinton was last night.

Old 09-27-2016, 05:55 PM

1,327 posts, read 724,631 times
She very much looked artificial last night. Botox was very likely used along with excessive makeup. But did you notice her yellow and discolored teeth?

Old 09-27-2016, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Nobody thinks that but his most ardent supporters. Even the GOP admits he got smoked.
Can you show me anything from the GOP that says he got "smoked". Wishful thinking on your part isn't going to get Clinton elected.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:05 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,558,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Hillary this morning

Video Clip | Reuters.com

"Anybody who blames the microphone is not having a good night"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHahahaha! That is SO true. Trump is busy whining about his microphone; he KNOWS he had a terrible night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I think Trump really need to let Rudy Giuliani go. Giuliani knows nothing about Presidential politics, he's a leech and has his own hidden agenda.
What is Giuliani's agenda? He seems senile to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
He should have said "I know, you've been preparing for 30 years. Is that why you didn't notice the parade of women in and out of the White House when Bill was Pres? Were you preparing for Pres when you went on record against abortion and marriage equality just a few years ago only to do a complete flip flop years later? Getting ready for flip flops on your campaign promises?"
Trump shouldn't be talking about anyone's flip flop. Remember when he was 'totally pro choice" when asked about partial birth abortion? Remember when he thought Hillary was a GREAT Secretary of State? Remember when he was pro-gay marriage?

Get real.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:08 PM

6,131 posts, read 4,618,761 times
I don't know if this has been said in the previous 2,391 comments, but I can't say that I learned anything new from the debates last night. As much as I'd like to think that's because I'm so knowledgable, I think it has more to do with the debates being content light. It was really more of a painful-to-watch rehash of past rants from Trump and uninspiring, formulatic, calculated messages from Clinton. Perhaps my expectations were too high.

Had Gary Johnson been able to partipate, it may have been more meaningful. The fact that he wasn't invited, yet is a candidate in all 50 states plus DC was the biggest outrage to me. I don't agree entirely with him, but I definitely empathize with the fact he's gotten shafted by a "rigged" system, as Donald Trump himself calls it.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:09 PM

29,526 posts, read 22,704,392 times
Lester Holt was so biased against Trump it was obvious (at least in his questions towards him as opposed to not asking Hillary any tough questions by comparison).

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...unfair-hostile

Rudy Giuliani: Lester Holt Did Not Treat Donald Trump Fairly | The Daily Caller

Old 09-27-2016, 06:16 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,787,189 times
Quote:
She did mop the floor with Trump. Trump did not do quite well. You guys are so delusional. He did nothing but scream, interrupt both Hillary and Lester constantly, ramble incoherent statements, avoided answering many of the questions actually posed to him, and lied like crazy. That is not doing well. You guys are so obsessed with him, that you are unwilling to remove your bias and see how horrible a person he truly is.

Last edited by Fiyero; 09-27-2016 at 06:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections