Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which presidential candidate won the debate?
Trump 75 27.57%
Clinton 167 61.40%
it was a tie 30 11.03%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 06:29 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
She did mop the floor with Trump. Trump did not do quite well. You guys are so delusional. He did nothing but scream, interrupt both Hillary and Lester constantly, ramble incoherent statements, avoided answering many of the questions actually posed to him, and lied like crazy. That is not doing well. You guys are so obsessed with him, that you are unwilling to remove your bias and see how horrible a person he truly is.
Thank you.

I don't think his supporters are doing him any service lying to him and each other like this. He needs to get his crap together.

(Not that I have any reason to think he's any more deep than that dreadful display of churlish nonsense last night).

Old 09-27-2016, 06:31 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
No one named Clinton, Gore or Kerry ordered an invasion in 2003 AFTER Hans Blix and his team failed to find wmds. Lies were indeed told, 935 of them to be exact.

https://www.publicintegrity.org/2014...lse-statements
Why did Bill Clinton, in 1998, sign a bill making regime change in Iraq official U.S. policy?

Hillary was in favor of the invasion. Those "935 lies" are lies themselves!

Old 09-27-2016, 06:36 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
And? Watch the debate between Obama and Romney. They did the exact same thing as well. That's simply the product of good debate prep is all.
Exactly.

Somehow in Trumplandia being prepared is seen either as a bad thing or as something so unfathomable that there must have been some grand conspiracy involving operatives in FedEx uniforms delivering questions to the Clinton campaign.

If what we've seen from Trump so far is any indication of his actual ability, it's a really good thing for him that he's never had to actually get a job based on his own merit.

As Obama said a while back, this goes well beyond disagreeing on policy. Trump is simply unfit to hold the office.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:44 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,396,089 times
The more I think about the debate last night, the more I think Trump was doing well enough until he mentioned Rosie O'Donnell. Why the hell did he mention that disgusting woman? Rhetorical question, People. He still tied or was slightly behind her debating skills, but he was ahead if only considering her rhetoric.

Both candidates are flawed, hugely flawed. I still trust Trump more than Hillary on the important things like national security, the economy, and immigration. Nothing Hillary could say could negate her horrible character flaws and her pandering, division of our people, hawk policies, and past attacks on the women who accused her husband of sexual attacks (the perv).

Last edited by texan2yankee; 09-27-2016 at 07:54 PM..

Old 09-27-2016, 06:49 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
People are talking.... Cocaine is a very addictive drug.... People are talking about his sniffling....

#Trumplikescocaine
Anyone, ANYONE who parrots the idiot Howard Dean who started that meme is well, let's just say on par with Dean down in the gutter.
YEEEEEHAAAWWWWWW! The lunatic scream that cost Dean an election...

Old 09-27-2016, 06:59 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The more I think about the debate last night, the more I think Trump was doing well enough until he mentioned Rosie O'Donnell. Why the hell did he mention that disgusting woman? Rhetorical question, People. He still tied or was slightly behind her debating skills, but he was ahead if only considering her rhetoric.

Both candidates are flawed, hugely flawed. I still trust Trump more than Hillary on the important things like national security, the economy, and immigration. Nothing Hillary could say could negate her horrible character flaws and her pandering, division of our people, hawk policies, and past dismissal and attacks on the women who accused her husband of sexual attacks (the perv).
Okay, serious question. What, at any point, has Trump said that would make you think he's better than Clinton on national security (he threatened to start a war with Iran over nothing), the economy (his policies are nothing but rehashed failures from the past), or immigration?

You attack Clinton for attacking women, when Trump is the one who goes around bragging about cheating on his wives, calling women fat pigs, and commenting on their menstrual cycles? You attack Clinton for dividing our people, when Trump's entire campaign is about pitting white people against minorities? You attack Clinton for being a hawk when Trump also supported invading Iraq, has suggested murdering women and children, and openly fantasized about starting a war with Iran? You attack Clinton for defending her pervy husband, while supporting a guy who is a serial adulterer and who has openly fantasized about getting with his own daughter?!

Old 09-27-2016, 07:00 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Lester Holt was so biased against Trump it was obvious (at least in his questions towards him as opposed to not asking Hillary any tough questions by comparison).

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...unfair-hostile

Rudy Giuliani: Lester Holt Did Not Treat Donald Trump Fairly | The Daily Caller
Lester Holt was afraid of the Matt Lauer effect plain and simple. Although Trump missed MANY chances to skewer Hillary this debate did NOTHING for either candidate other that gin up some of the usual loons like Howard Dean.

It's going to be interesting to see where the polls go over the next couple of weeks. I think both sides might be surprised at what happens.
I'd expect at least one of the next two debates to get ugly for Hillary, maybe the town hall if someone has the nuts to ask about her many scandals since Whitewater, or how she treated women while her husband was under fire for his "indiscretions".

I'm sorry but Hillary looked way,way too smug for my liking both last night and today at her rally. I think it's going to be off-putting to some.
I think Trump needs to stop talking about things like his Florida projects and ancillary things that have NO bearing on what's being asked.

You HAVE to remember, Trump has never done this before, given that I think many might just cut him some slack for last night. I don't think he'll get much slack going forward. He's been warned (by the results).
Hillary has been doing this stuff for DECADES so she damned well better do better than she did next time around.
In the end? Meh to both of them...Not impressed.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:10 PM

592 posts, read 414,801 times
It's one thing to have a debate, but to have to endure the lies coming out of that creature's mouth .... If it was me, I would have walked off stage. No more debates. Debate your self Hillary!

Old 09-27-2016, 07:12 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
It's one thing to have a debate, but to have to endure the lies coming out of that creature's mouth .... If it was me, I would have walked off stage. No more debates. Debate your self Hillary!
It's a proven fact that Trump lied more than Hillary. You guys need to stop being hypocrites.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:22 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
Kinda like how Trump got a "small" loan from daddy? Except it turns out that Hillary's number was actually correct and he went to that trough over and over and over?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.