Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2016, 10:02 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,859,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Instead, it found that the failure to adequately maintain contract files — documents necessary to ensure the full accounting of U.S. tax dollars — “creates significant financial risk and demonstrates a lack of internal control over the Department’s contract actions.”

So when you put Hillary Clinton in charge of money you should expect that she will create significant financial risk and demonstrate a lack of control over the Department's contract actions?

Is this supposed to inspire everyone to vote for her? Did they ever actually locate the money? Or is it keeping company with those 30,000 or so missing Emails?
Hillary had to scour over the lousy record keeping of the Bush administration.

Quote:
As the decade-long Iraq conflict finally comes to close, so too does the mystery of a stockpile of American cash worth billions lost during the war.
Government Finally Accounts For $6 Billion Worth Of Lost Cash In Iraq

Old 10-02-2016, 10:03 AM

8,896 posts, read 5,387,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
LOL love it
I guess we're supposed to feel better that the money isn't actually missing, just no one quite knows where it is.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:03 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,319,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
The bottomline is that T-rump is a LOSER when it comes to Business.

And this revelation nails that fact.
He may not be the businessman we thought he was.
But he still have many millions of dollars more than you do.
What does that make you?

Old 10-02-2016, 10:04 AM

134 posts, read 74,019 times
I don't see this as a problem, plenty of companies have huge business failures. Where was Apple 20 years ago?

I made a bad stock purchase, it went down 50%, I sell it off in chunks versus my gains so they zero each other out. Not a problem.

Not seeing how this is an issue.

41,813 posts, read 51,122,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
... Trump has just as many backstreet shady dealings ....
If you are referring to the mob connected business's if you wanted to build in NYC in the 90's you either dealt with mob connected business's or it didn't get done. Even the city of New York itself had to deal with these companies.

6,266 posts, read 5,081,090 times
One question:
I haven't read this entire thread so has it already been answered: The NYT opened by saying it had obtained Trumps' 95 tax records. Where and how did they obtain those records?

One observation:
From the article:
Separately, a lawyer for Mr. Trump, Marc E. Kasowitz, emailed a letter to The Times arguing that publication of the records is illegal because Mr. Trump has not authorized the disclosure of any of his tax returns. Mr. Kasowitz threatened “prompt initiation of appropriate legal action.”

If that's true, I hope Trump does indeed sue the paper.

One more observation:
The word "could" appears a few times in the article. Such a qualifier in what was once a highly respected newspaper is laughable. I read the article. A hit piece and reinforces why the NYT is increasingly becoming considered a partisan rag.

Last observation:
Already been made but I agree with the statement that many obviously know little to nothing about how business works.

38,496 posts, read 25,859,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I guess we're supposed to feel better that the money isn't actually missing, just no one quite knows where it is.
Once thought lost and now found…$6.6 billion – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

Old 10-02-2016, 10:05 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,010,467 times
Could be true, but I'll wait until an actual news source verifies this. The New York Times is about as believable as a Facebook meme these days.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:05 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,781,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
I kept reading this hoping people would realize that Trump may or may not have carried that over for 18 years, yuo could have carried it forward for up to 18 years, nowhere does it say, nor is there anyway for the NYT to know when or even if he used the losses.

After reading this thread I can see why companies like HR Block, Jackson Hewitt and the others are all doing so much business, some of the people in this thread have no clue how taxes work. I also see why I used to have coworkers look at me like I lost my mind when I would tell them they pay taxes out of their paychecks.
Thank you NYT for showing America an example of how the rich use the tax code for their benefit. Trump didn't do anything illegal, in fact all of us including Hilary's rich campaign contributors use this code for their benefit just like Trump did.

And to act like Hillary and her rich friends are above this is naive and ridiculous. When you say tax the rich, raise income taxes they are lying to you. This is one way how they use the code.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:06 AM

8,896 posts, read 5,387,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Hillary had to scour over the lousy record keeping of the Bush administration.

Government Finally Accounts For $6 Billion Worth Of Lost Cash In Iraq
When George W Bush runs for President I'll keep this in mind.

In the meantime, when will the 6 billion unlost money be located?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.