Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2016, 11:16 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,980,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
It contravenes the spirit, rather than the letter, of the law.

Trump is totally unfit to be president.
RIGHT!!
THANK YOU!!
trump violated the SPIRIT of the tax laws, so boot him to the curb and down the storm drain!
hillary had no "intent" to violate the letter of the law, so the FBI will not recommend prosecution!
NOSIR!! no double standard there!

I still will NOT vote for hillary. Not this year, Not EVER!
I might not vote for trump, either. but if I don't, it will not be because of taxes!

Old 10-02-2016, 11:18 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Trump violated the SPIRIT of the tax laws that helped him keep his money, so boot him to the curb and down the storm drain!

Hillary had no "intent" to violate the letter of the law, so the FBI will not recommend prosecution!

You got that right lol, (liberals ass backwards)

Old 10-02-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
RIGHT!!
THANK YOU!!
trump violated the SPIRIT of the tax laws, so boot him to the curb and down the storm drain!
hillary had no "intent" to violate the letter of the law, so the FBI will not recommend prosecution!
NOSIR!! no double standard there!

I still will NOT vote for hillary. Not this year, Not EVER!
I might not vote for trump, either. but if I don't, it will not be because of taxes!
I like that NYT showed one of the ways the rich use the tax code to keep more of their money and watching the liberal rich working OT to spin it to demonize him for using the tax code (law). Just ignore those same rich liberals who support Hillary use that same tax law so they can keep more of their money.

Lets turn the spot light on Hillary's rich supporters lol

Last edited by petch751; 10-02-2016 at 11:39 AM..

Old 10-02-2016, 11:26 AM

I'll bet you Mark Cuban is sweating it. Oh maybe not, he thinks "ALL" Americans are stupid and won't realize that he also benefited from the tax law. That's why he's out there pounding Trump. He doesn't want Trump to give up "the truth". The rich like Mark Cuban want Americans to continue to think that by raising taxes on "income" you're getting the rich.

"the stupidity of the American voter"
- Democrat economist Johnathan Gruber

Last edited by petch751; 10-02-2016 at 11:37 AM..

Old 10-02-2016, 11:26 AM

25,581 posts, read 17,298,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Trump hasn't paid taxes in almost 20 years...
....Meh. Neither has Charles Rangel.

Old 10-02-2016, 11:27 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
Cry wolf; but don't look at what I do: The New York Times Paid No Taxes in 2014 - Breitbart!

Old 10-02-2016, 11:29 AM

As I said, if government threatens to (truly) "raise taxes on the rich", watch them scream like a bunch of wet cats.

Notice raising taxes on "income" didn't even make the rich raise an eyebrow but Donald Trump got them to scream. He let the truth out of the bag.

Old 10-02-2016, 11:29 AM

2,181 posts, read 1,629,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Perhaps you too can screw up your business so bad in a particular year that you don't have to pay any taxes for the next 20 years.

That makes you "smart".
Yes, if you have your own businesses you get to take losses into account because that takes from your income. There isn't anything genius about it. I think a lot of people working for a paycheck from someone else don't know this.

The obvious question is, if he hasn't released his tax returns how does the lefty media know he hasn't paid any taxes?

It also has to be pointed out that he is routinely audited by the IRS. If you are famous just for being a rich businessman they are watching you and you will never get away with stiffing the IRS year after year. It isn't likely he's knowingly done something wrong. That would be stupid.

When I have my taxes done I take advantage of every rule and deduction that benefits me. I'm allowed to do that, so are you , so is Trump.

My main complaint about taxes are all the rules. I think everybody's taxes are wrong because of how complicated paying taxes is. I'm for a flat tax for everyone and getting rid of all the rules.

Old 10-02-2016, 11:30 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
Yes, if you have your own businesses you get to take losses into account because that takes from your income. There isn't anything genius about it. I think a lot of people working for a paycheck from someone else don't know this.

The obvious question is, if he hasn't released his tax returns how does the lefty media know he hasn't paid any taxes?

It also has to be pointed out that he is routinely audited by the IRS. If you are famous just for being a rich businessman they are watching you and you will never get away with stiffing the IRS year after year. It isn't likely he's knowingly done something wrong. That would be stupid.

When I have my taxes done I take advantage of every rule and deduction that benefits me. I'm allowed to do that, so are you , so is Trump.

My main complaint about taxes are all the rules. I think everybody's taxes are wrong because of how complicated paying taxes is. I'm for a flat tax for everyone and getting rid of all the rules.
He hasn't necessarily done something illegal, but there is something unseemly in his affairs that he doesn't want us to know; hence the hiding of his tax returns.

Old 10-02-2016, 11:31 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
I doubt very much that the reason Trump won't show his returns is because he paid little or no taxes. He's proud of that, he'd be pleased to show it off because it would be more evidence of his superior smarts.

I think it's because this putative protectionist doesn't want to reveal how much of his income comes from outsourcing and foreign investment into his businesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.