Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 09:28 AM

8,316 posts, read 3,943,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
What is really happening and the left refuses to acknowledge is industries are gone and more are going including coal.

Fact is we grew strong as a nation when we were the strength of the industrial revolution. Now we outsource the jobs and the welfare lines continue to grow. It is getting noticeably worse. Many people can't find jobs and the cost of living is going up. Many people dropped out of the work force. Millions and millions don't have a job today.
Don't disagree with that assessment but I disagree that the "left" had anything to do with it. There has not been a "left" in this country since the days of Jerry Rubin and Stokely Carmichael. What happened is that the billionaire class used us when they needed our labor, then they dumped us to the curb so that they could extract the last freaking penny of profit out of their industries by going to the cheapest labor, namely overseas. They decided that instead of sharing the wealth with Americans and accepting a little less profit they would become giant global corporations and leave the American people behind. It has almost nothing to do with politics, that is just a smokescreen to delude the public into thinking we have a choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2016, 09:31 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,706,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Last year my boyfriend and I decided to paint the kitchen bright Orange. It looked cool for a few months. I remember one time on a Saturday I was drinking coffee and looking around me. I thought to myself what the hell were we thinking?

When I pointed this out to my boyfriend, he said he's been thinking the same thing. Bright orange seemed like a good idea at the time but it wore out its welcome really quickly.

Trump has been insulting his way through his campaign. He's been using very strong words and tells about his crowd sizes. He is a novelty. It got people excited for a few months. I suspect most people are tired of him.

In all tracking polls(real time dial voting) taken during big events, the Independent vote overwhelmingly tracked with Republican tracking, of the event. That makes no sense, if Hillary is dogging "The Donald" in national polling. We have been told over and over that there are more Independents, than those that identify Democrat. And to be fair, more than identify Republican. (30D-30R-40I)

Then this being a strange war, where people are afraid to announce their support publicly(notice the lack of personal political yarn signage?) People do not want to be a target of violence or ridicule this election. They are keeping their vote close to their hearts.

One candidate has a lot of enthusiasm following them, spending very little money comparatively, and the other is having a hard time filling venues, if not for the paid attendees, spending 50x's more than the opponent....

This has been the weirdest election in my lifetime. The people voting have proved the establishment media projections wrong, each time in this cycle. You don't see that often, if ever. It is like for the first time, the media cannot control the message the establishment wants pushed. Are people seeing the lies and twisting of facts the media uses? Looks like it to me. No wonder they wanted the keys to the internet to control the message there. Even Twitter and Facebook, private companies that have a monopoly on the town squares soap box, have censor the messages for the establishment(greed & money buys silence.)

Old 10-06-2016, 09:38 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,569,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
In all tracking polls(real time dial voting) taken during big events, the Independent vote overwhelmingly tracked with Republican tracking, of the event. That makes no sense, if Hillary is dogging "The Donald" in national polling. We have been told over and over that there are more Independents, than those that identify Democrat. And to be fair, more than identify Republican. (30D-30R-40I)

Then this being a strange war, where people are afraid to announce their support publicly(notice the lack of personal political yarn signage?) People do not want to be a target of violence or ridicule this election. They are keeping their vote close to their hearts.

One candidate has a lot of enthusiasm following them, spending very little money comparatively, and the other is having a hard time filling venues, if not for the paid attendees, spending 50x's more than the opponent....

This has been the weirdest election in my lifetime. The people voting have proved the establishment media projections wrong, each time in this cycle. You don't see that often, if ever. It is like for the first time, the media cannot control the message the establishment wants pushed. Are people seeing the lies and twisting of facts the media uses? Looks like it to me. No wonder they wanted the keys to the internet to control the message there. Even Twitter and Facebook, private companies that have a monopoly on the town squares soap box, have censor the messages for the establishment(greed & money buys silence.)
Answering the phone is not 'publicly' declaring your vote. It's not like your name is going to be printed in the daily news.

Old 10-06-2016, 09:55 AM

11,228 posts, read 8,321,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
What is really happening and the left refuses to acknowledge is industries are gone and more are going including coal.

Fact is we grew strong as a nation when we were the strength of the industrial revolution. Now we outsource the jobs and the welfare lines continue to grow. It is getting noticeably worse. Many people can't find jobs and the cost of living is going up. Many people dropped out of the work force. Millions and millions don't have a job today.
So, your idea to "Make America Great Again" is to latch onto Coal? Coal is an inefficient, dirty, power source that costs way more than Oil and Gas, and is near the end of it's life-cycle, but you want to hold onto that, and ride it to the grave?

Look at what the Saudi's are investing in. Look at what UAE is investing in. Look at what the US Oil Majors are investing in. It's all about renewables, as the BUSINESS CASE for these has been vetted by the likes of BP, Exxon, Saudi Aramco, ADNOC, QP, etc.. etc. and etc. If you want to go with Carbon energy, at least go with oil and gas. The USA has made great strides in reducing the production cost of O&G, and while it won't keep us energized forever, it looks like it will for our lifetime and perhaps longer.

But COAL? REALLY???? That's your solution?

And as far as low-paying manufacturing jobs go, the fact is that if you believe in a capitalist economy, then the US won't have some of those jobs. That is fine. We excel at high-tech manufacturing, and we excel at innovation. There is an actual SHORTAGE of qualified high-tech automation professionals in this country, and in the world, and it's growing.

So, if you want to keep America great (because we still are, in spite of what Trump tells you), then:
  • Invest in STEM education to fuel the demand for skilled workers
  • Invest in expanding our industriral cybersecurity strengths. If you don't know about IEC62443, then learn about it
  • Invest in increased efficiency of extracting O&G
  • Invest in alternative, renewable energies.
  • Let business thrive, but PUNISH executives who cheat the system
  • Support free trade, but come down hard on countries that exploit it with unfair labor practices
  • Recognize that global warming is not only a weather issue, it's a National Security issue
  • Recognize that the world is a shrinking community, and while we bow to nobody, we do have to live in that community. Don't crap on your neighbor's lawn and expect them to be happy about it

As you research your candidates, you'll see that one (Hillary) understands these things, and while she may still be a politician, with all the bad attributes that come with that title, she does have plans to address these concerns. While the other (Trump) is playing the electorate with buzz-words and scapegoating people to get a reaction. It's working with the simple-minded, but at the end of the day, Americans are too smart to fall for it. We do not believe that we need to cower in the corner and detach from the values that made America the greatest nation on earth. We understand that as a nation, we can keep our values, and we can CONTINUE to be #1.

Go hide if you want. Keep thinking we are not a great nation. Build a cabin in the woods and use coal to conquer the world if you want, but for goodness sake, please Wake-TFU.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:12 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,888,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
She is legally bound not to IF she wants to keep the alimony rolling in.

Come on. First Donnie was TOTALLY pro-choice including partial birth abortion, from that he went to punishing all women that had abortions, from there he went to not punishing women. He went from praising Hillary Clinton to demonizing Hillary Clinton. He went from . . well - you get the picture.

Pence just sat there and denied everything that Trump actually said! It's like he forgot Trump was his running mate. He did NOT defend; he denied what were true statement made by Trup.

And you think Trump is going to bring that back, do you? As long as we keep fracking, there will be a reduced demand for coal.

Are you also going to stop automation? Because more and more jobs of ALL of us - will continue evolving into robotic, automated jobs.

What then?

We have to keep looking forward - forward past coal. This is our new reality and NOT just for manufacturing.
by denying what Trump said or how some heard him say it, isn't defending him what would you call it?

Old 10-06-2016, 10:12 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,207,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
As a lifelong NYer......when Hillary was NYS Senator, she did nothing for NYS. Her novelty wore out for NYS. Her only hope was to get a entitled govt position as secretary of state. Seeing her cough, faint & bob her head up & down is quiet a novel act
NY Carpetbagger Last Name User (etc.,,,etc.,,,,) Senator.

She has never earned and or was entitled to anything she got herself.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:18 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,888,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
So, your idea to "Make America Great Again" is to latch onto Coal? Coal is an inefficient, dirty, power source that costs way more than Oil and Gas, and is near the end of it's life-cycle, but you want to hold onto that, and ride it to the grave?

Look at what the Saudi's are investing in. Look at what UAE is investing in. Look at what the US Oil Majors are investing in. It's all about renewables, as the BUSINESS CASE for these has been vetted by the likes of BP, Exxon, Saudi Aramco, ADNOC, QP, etc.. etc. and etc. If you want to go with Carbon energy, at least go with oil and gas. The USA has made great strides in reducing the production cost of O&G, and while it won't keep us energized forever, it looks like it will for our lifetime and perhaps longer.

But COAL? REALLY???? That's your solution?

And as far as low-paying manufacturing jobs go, the fact is that if you believe in a capitalist economy, then the US won't have some of those jobs. That is fine. We excel at high-tech manufacturing, and we excel at innovation. There is an actual SHORTAGE of qualified high-tech automation professionals in this country, and in the world, and it's growing.

So, if you want to keep America great (because we still are, in spite of what Trump tells you), then:
  • Invest in STEM education to fuel the demand for skilled workers
  • Invest in expanding our industriral cybersecurity strengths. If you don't know about IEC62443, then learn about it
  • Invest in increased efficiency of extracting O&G
  • Invest in alternative, renewable energies.
  • Let business thrive, but PUNISH executives who cheat the system
  • Support free trade, but come down hard on countries that exploit it with unfair labor practices
  • Recognize that global warming is not only a weather issue, it's a National Security issue
  • Recognize that the world is a shrinking community, and while we bow to nobody, we do have to live in that community. Don't crap on your neighbor's lawn and expect them to be happy about it

As you research your candidates, you'll see that one (Hillary) understands these things, and while she may still be a politician, with all the bad attributes that come with that title, she does have plans to address these concerns. While the other (Trump) is playing the electorate with buzz-words and scapegoating people to get a reaction. It's working with the simple-minded, but at the end of the day, Americans are too smart to fall for it. We do not believe that we need to cower in the corner and detach from the values that made America the greatest nation on earth. We understand that as a nation, we can keep our values, and we can CONTINUE to be #1.

Go hide if you want. Keep thinking we are not a great nation. Build a cabin in the woods and use coal to conquer the world if you want, but for goodness sake, please Wake-TFU.
thank you got the education in economy and finance. We needed someone who knows it all to be able to tell us what to invest in! WOW, so happy you have all the facts for us!

Now, let me say, yes, coal is dirty, but it is needed in some cases. Hillary does not understand anything in my opinion. Yes, we have to get along with the world, but we do not need to be their baby sitters nor do we have to continue sending money to countries that either dislike us or hate us.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:20 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,074,957 times
Cool story. Prolly not a word of it true. The color orange is a bit too coincidental. Supposing it is true though, it just shows you lack the life experience and maturity to make good decisions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Last year my boyfriend and I decided to paint the kitchen bright Orange. It looked cool for a few months. I remember one time on a Saturday I was drinking coffee and looking around me. I thought to myself what the hell were we thinking?

When I pointed this out to my boyfriend, he said he's been thinking the same thing. Bright orange seemed like a good idea at the time but it wore out its welcome really quickly.

Trump has been insulting his way through his campaign. He's been using very strong words and tells about his crowd sizes. He is a novelty. It got people excited for a few months. I suspect most people are tired of him.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:21 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,207,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
thank you got the education in economy and finance. We needed someone who knows it all to be able to tell us what to invest in! WOW, so happy you have all the facts for us!

Now, let me say, yes, coal is dirty, but it is needed in some cases. Hillary does not understand anything in my opinion. Yes, we have to get along with the world, but we do not need to be their baby sitters nor do we have to continue sending money to countries that either dislike us or hate us.
IMO: She only understands money in hand/account without a conscience who else it hurts/kills.

Haiti is on my mind as per the current hurricane as those poor people got screwed out of (per an official there that I saw on video) 98% of the intended for them funds.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:37 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,187,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
That is true. Trump has no friends. I bet he has issues of friends stabbing him in the back. He does have his family. That keeps him not to totally lose his mind. Even his ex doesn't have a lot of bad things to say about him.

By law, she can't. There is speculation that Marla Maples was the one who sent his taxes to the NYT however. She was also on those tax forms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections